No Indian crew...

CroozFanatic

Did they have many crew members from India?   None stand out for me.   India now has an uncontrolled COVID 19 epidemic so I hope international travel for Indians has been curtailed.  We certainly don’t need more COVID coming to the U.S. especially with so many “intelligent”citizens refusing vaccines.   The local news show that only 16% of the residents of D.C. have been vaccinated even though plenty of vaccine and vaccination sites are available.   This is a very liberal soon to be state so we can’t blame the Republicans for this reluctance.

I feel terrible for the 300 crew who are on their way or already to their assignments.  We have had many crew from India and all have been exceptional and very pleasant , engaging and a pleasure to be around.

If Royal contracted them without a requirement that they were vaccinated and now find they can’t get vaccine for them, shame on them.  If they required vaccinations before offering the contact and are now changing the requirements- that’s outrageous.  Either way my respect for RC is not very high.

Where  and when were they joining Adv of Seas?

Not a great start but perhaps not the last of such issues. Hope Royal gives them some severance money.

India ( as per TV news) is in a  high level of crisis...high Covid cases,  critical lack of  hosp beds, supplies, oxygen, meds etc.  Very sad!   Brings back some awful memories of NY and other places  not very long ago.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Did they have many crew members from India?   None stand out for me.   .....

We have had stateroom attendants and bar tenders from India.  In fact, our favorite bar tender is from Mumbai and worked for Celebrity for over a decade.  The majority of the butlers we have had through the years were from India.  At least two of the Luminae maitre'ds are from India, as are several assistant maitre'ds.  At least one of the hotel directors is from India.  Isn't there an executive chef from India?  Certainly a number of the staff in the galley are from India.

Just last night, during dinner, my husband and I were discussing the situation in India.  We were wondering how so many of the crew and staff we have met through the years are faring.

• Like 2