THE AMERICANS ARE COMING!!!

IntrepidFromDC

I heard on the news that hawaii will do it's own vaccine passport which starting may 1st allows residents to fly between islands without quarantine. Only for residents but it's the first usa vaccine passport I've seen.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/hawaii/articles/2021-04-20/hawaii-to-begin-vaccine-passports-for-travel-between-islands

20210426_005347507.jpeg

• Like 1

I would not start packing just yet.

Each country in the EU can make its own rules about letting tourist in. There are still a lot

of countries with all sort of restrictions on travel in place and will remain that way until covid 

numbers get under control.

1 hour ago, parachutes63 said:

Great Britian and Ireland are not part of the EU any more. That does not help for that travel.

The United Kingdom is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and is no longer in the EU.

Ireland is of course the Republic of Ireland and is very much still a member of the EU.

Edited by Cousin Eddie
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Being able to visit EU countries is just one of the regained freedoms awaiting fully vaccinated Americans, this summer!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/25/us/europe-vaccinated-americans-summer-eu-vacation/index.html

cnn haters, don't fret, it's on ny times and other media you love too!

It's great but as I understand it our family in Germany is still faced with restrictions and we don't want to go for a visit while they are under restrictions.

We saw this bit of news this morning and thought great good news !  However, we won’t be going this year, to many unknowns and frankly we are enjoying traveling by car to many places in the United States.  We have been multiple times to Europe and Australia so a bit of been there done that.  Also, we canceled our Glory cruise in October, just figured we would plan something we know for sure we can do.   I hope those that really want to can take advantage of Europe opening and report back to us here.