WHEN DO YOU BELIEVE HOLLAND AMERICA WILL START CRUISING FRM US PORTS

mcrcruiser

We have a Feb 2 ,2022 Hawaii cruise on board Koningsdam R/T From San diego .We are hoping that  all will be settled for us to be on this cruise with out Masks . We are already  completely vaccinated & definitely willing to take booster shots as needed  

I think your question is a bit premature.  I was hoping for clarity from the authorities at earliest in May 2021 now that appears to be pushed back to July.  You will have your answer before you have to pay final payment.   If the Emergency Declaration in the US is lifted all of the extra layers of regulations will be removed

Not soon enough for many American workers who were put out of work when the cruises stopped.    Not to mention all the workers around the globe who also found themselves unemployed.  I hope all are back to work soon...

• Like 2

Just now, Sir PMP said:

By that time there will be no more cruise lines left.

I agree.  They are doing handstands and backflips to get ships sailing now - anywhere, any how.   If we wait that long cruising will once again become for the rich who can afford the new era including the international flights required to get on a cruise ship 

Nothing to do with covid-19 surprises me anymore. 

Who would have believed that the border between Canada and the USA would be ever closed for over a year? ( and still closed ). 

Of course I do hope my guess is completely and utterly wrong.

But then again.....

• Like 3

All CCL has to do is mandate vaccinated passengers and crew and the pressure on the CDC would increase to the point to where it can no longer be ignored. Bookings would skyrocket.

I don't get it, it's like the CDC and the cruise lines have some sort of hate-on going with each other. And I really don't understand CCL's refusal to mandate vaccinations for passage; it makes no sense!

• Like 3

As soon as CCL requires 100% vax for the pax. Ponant has a fleet of small ships, sailing to exotic locations. Just announced that pax will have to be vax and tested. From their email notification...

"Today, vaccination opens up new opportunities and allows us to calmly plan the resumption of our business. Your trust in our company is vital too. 94% of you told us that you would like to go back to sea with us, if everyone on board is vaccinated..."

Is this loud and clear enough for Arnold Donald? 🙄

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

As soon as CCL requires 100% vax for the pax. Ponant has a fleet of small ships, sailing to exotic locations. Just announced that pax will have to be vax and tested. From their email notification...

"Today, vaccination opens up new opportunities and allows us to calmly plan the resumption of our business. Your trust in our company is vital too. 94% of you told us that you would like to go back to sea with us, if everyone on board is vaccinated..."

Is this loud and clear enough for Arnold Donald? 🙄

We all surely hope that Arnold  Donald hears the  foot beats of  a passionate cruise population  who wants CCL ships to sail fully vaccinated  from all ports & the sooner the better 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Who may start? Some sources for this? What port?

Whatever comes down  from the CDC should not stop  any cruise line  sailing from foreign ports . Waiting for the CDC   could mean bankruptcy  

• Like 1

I have some where next to zero confidence in CCL on this matter. I believe that they are waiting for the CDC to establish a minimum standard. I have just booked with Crystal a replacement for my December cruise which I expect to cancel because it will have no vaccination requirement. A little over a year ago I could see five star, it is dimming. Five canceled, three TBD.

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

By that time there will be no more cruise lines left.

I seem to remember many saying that last Summer about the Fall, and then last Fall about the Spring.  But here we are and the lines seem to be surviving.  I do think Summer 2022 is a stretch, but I think they will surely survive financially into the Winter.

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

For me the short answer is I will not make final payment on any cruise that occurs in a closed area.  I can’t fight the cruise line’s battles nor can I sit around and wait until they do

We are with you  .when we come back from our road trip it will be close to our final payment of Oct 25th  .Decision then will be to pay or cancel  based upon information available at that time

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

For me the short answer is I will not make final payment on any cruise that occurs in a closed area.  I can’t fight the cruise line’s battles nor can I sit around and wait until they do

Completely agree with you.  

Moreover, I want to see the updated terms and conditions and vaccine regulation.  If they are going to sit on their hands and keep us waiting, they won’t be getting my money.  

I’ll wait and take my chance on being able to re-book IF I am happy with the conditions for sailing and the vaccination situation of the areas we will be visiting.

12 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I dunno the answer to this question, but I'd get on a cruise and just sail around the ocean without even a port of call if that would allow me to cruise again 🙂

Good for you!  We sail for itinerary as well as our sea days and the shipboard experience, but....Just sailing on the sea without a port of call is not worth the cost of flights, etc for us.  

• Like 3