Cruising Without a Vaccination

1 hour ago, Sinbadssailors said:

How about we have no vaccine requirements to cruise and YOU make the choice/take the risk of cruising with my unvaccinated self?

You know, like on every other cruise that's ever been taken?

You think that's a problem?  Can't you just decide not to cruise? 

Then maybe you'll understand.

Many people don't want the shot for a multitude of reasons.  And none of those reasons are any of my business.  I got the shot.  My choice, weighing the risks and benefits.

Agree.  Decision not to get the vaccine is also a decision to not cruise.

The logic I'm seeing with some, in a typical narcissistic  way, "I'm not getting the vaccine, even though NCL requires it, but I want to cruise on NCL anyway."  Don't get to do that Skippy!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

This is like "heads I win, tails you lose."

There are clearly people in our society, @WICKEDIRISH who believe in "my body, my choice" but also "your body, MY choice." Funny, that.

I find it amusing the same people who are dead set against getting a vaccine are the same people who have no issue consuming GMO foods.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 7:47 PM, flickster said:

Did small pox and polio have a survival rate of 98% without a vaccine?  I think not.

Oh, so THAT is the reason why people do not fear Covid as previous generations feared Small Pox and Polio. Surviving Covid can cause devastating long haul effects. I guess people forget about that.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:23 PM, okpaddy said:

I would like to comment that I had my first and second Moderna vaccine in Aug/Sept 2020 as part of the phase three trial. I continue my ongoing check ups with blood draws and so far, so good. I did learn that Moderna may be offering a booster vaccine ( 3rd shot ) one year after the initial testing. I'm scheduled for Sept 2021 and hope they follow through with the booster shot. Best wishes to my fellow cruisers and good health to all.

My heartfelt thanks to you for participating in the Moderna trials.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:44 PM, floridapoppy said:

Well I had covid last November and have all the documents showing the positive and a month later the negative result.  My doctors said it could be dangerous to get the vaccine when I already have immunity.  I have also heard from some doctor friends of mine that said natural immunity lasts longer than the vaccine immunity.  Coercion can result in more push back IMHO. 

"Doctors? Plural? Wonder where they got that information from????

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 8:44 PM, floridapoppy said:

Well I had covid last November and have all the documents showing the positive and a month later the negative result.  My doctors said it could be dangerous to get the vaccine when I already have immunity.  I have also heard from some doctor friends of mine that said natural immunity lasts longer than the vaccine immunity.  Coercion can result in more push back IMHO. 

I wonder where they are getting THAT information from? Of all the articles and information I have found upon researching this, not one source has agreed with this stance. Doctors are not always to be believed just because they are doctors.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, Laszlo said:

This is what happens when you have extremist, extremist who still believe the election was stolen. If Trump really believed in the vaccine he would be preaching from the rooftops for his base to get it.

Preach!!!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, Sinbadssailors said:

If you've chosen to get yours, why are you so concerned about my choice??

Are you not aware that our country is limping toward the finish line of herd immunity?

Are you not aware that there are predictions for our country that we may not reach herd immunity?

Are you not aware that herd immunity will afford us all the ability to go back to our pre-Covid normal lives?

SMH.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, bays said:

The vaccines are basically the same. If someone can’t take one, then he/she cannot take the others. Why question the validity by asking “can your really not take any of them”?

Not true. The mRNA vaccines are basically the same which are the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. The J&J vaccine has a completely different approach to immunity which is more in line with the old technology of vaccine development.

The mRNA vaccines are an astonishing development of modern technology.

• Like 1

Just now, coffeebean said:

Are you not aware that our country is limping toward the finish line of herd immunity?

Are you not aware that there are predictions for our country that we may not reach herd immunity?

Are you not aware that herd immunity will afford us all the ability to go back to our pre-Covid normal lives?

SMH.

im afraid because of the many people who think like you ( this isnt personal by the way) even if ive been vaccinated, if enough people come on that havent, and there is an outbreak of covid on board,

i'm just as screwed as if i had never had the shots. still going to be quarantined along with everybpdy else.

so since ncl wont let you  on without proof of vaccination, i guess its a moot point isnt it

14 hours ago, Laszlo said:

There are many types of cancer, and countless therapies and outcomes. Because every cancer patient receives personalized treatment tailored to their specific illness, your doctor is best placed to advise you on the right time for vaccination.

Just wondering what guidance your oncologist is considering for your care. If I were you, I would ask your doctor that question.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fivelinks said:

Well put! Regardless of if someone chooses not to take the vaccine or if they truly can't those who are vaccinated need not worry about those who aren't, unless they don't trust their vaccine... If your vaccinated good for you. You trust your protected right? Which ultimately means you don't need to be concerned about those who aren't since your good to go.... I personally am not worried about being on a ship with non vaccinated passengers if they have tested negative, wear mask, and continue to practice social distancing.

I'm protected by the Moderna vaccine and I trust that protection implicitly. My concern, as I have said before, is those people who are reluctant to be vaxxed are hindering our country's ability to reach herd immunity safely. That is it in a nutshell and an extremely important piece of the puzzle for us to get back to the normal lives we knew pre-Covid.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing that same mantra that you speak of. It is all about achieving SAFE herd immunity and NOT about not believing in the vaccines protective benefits.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

"the approval"?  None have been "approved" by the FDA, only "EUA (Emergency Use Authorized).  There is a difference.

Don't worry. Full FDA approval is coming and you can take that to the bank!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

We DO NOT KNOW what the side effects WILL BE years from now.  So, five/ten/fifteen years from now, when people start having medical problems and they trace it back to the jab, what then?  FACT - These jabs have NOT been approved by the FDA!!!  They have been EUA which is Emergency Use AUTHORIZATION which is different than APPROVAL.  They are in Phase 3 of "clinical trials", which means everyone that has or is getting the jab now is part of the clinical trial.

Every immunization expert I have heard speak on TV have said if reactions and side effects are going to happen with vaccines, those side effects always happen within weeks of administration of the vaccines. With the millions upon millions of people who have received the vaccines globally, there should be some sort of trends that allow the experts to determine if these vaccines are not safe. So far, the vaccines have been deemed very safe. Long term side effects from the vaccines are NOT expected and have been determined WILL NOT to occur in the future. That is the science.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Wrong. They have been “approved” for emergency use, which allows for distribution prior to final licensing by the FDA.  Both Moderna and Pfizer are expected to apply for and receive final licensing approval within a month or two.  

All medications and vaccines go through clinical trials. No medications or vaccines have gone through 5/10/15 year “trials” to rule out every possible side effect known to man. Just take a look at the multi-page information sheet you get with any prescriptions you take. 

When you say “we do not know what the side effects will be years from now”, you are simply speculating that there will be some contrary effects with nothing concrete to back up those speculations. 

People who continually speak of "possible side effects in the future" have absolutely no other excuse to use for refusing the vaccine. That is their scapegoat and it means absolutely nothing concrete.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

and you have nothing concrete to back up any speculation that there wouldn't be adverse reactions/contrary effects.

History of vaccines have proven that if and when side effect do occur, they occur withing WEEKS of the inoculation. Those WEEKS have certainly passed ten times over at this point. There will be no long term effects from these Covid vaccines.

However, there are people living today with long haul effects of having Covid disease. In fact, the mRNA vaccines have been shown to actually relieve some people of these long haul effects. Funny how that happens. Right?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I have no idea what this even means!

Kamala Harris made the statement that she would never receive a vaccine while President Trump was still in the White House. Meaning......she would not trust the vaccine because it would have been a political posturing only.

Kamala Harris was vaccinated happily because the vaccines did not receive EUA while Trump was still in the White House. That makes a lot of sense to me. Do you understand her reasoning? I certainly do.

• Like 3

I don’t understand why some people only evaluate the possible long term effects of just the vaccines and not the virus itself.  I think a lot of this misunderstanding goes to the serious amount of misinformation that was spread at the start of this pandemic. This is not the flu, it is not SARS or MERS. And it’s mutation rate is unlike anything we have seen in recent times.

I was watching an interview a few weeks ago with a well-known infectious disease expert who was asked about the J&J issues from the last few months. This doctor calmly answered the question, talked about the uniqueness of mRNA vaccines (and how they have been in development for years) and ended with the mic drop moment. She said, the observed rate of blood clots from the J&J vaccine was 1 in 1,000,000, which is for sure not 0 but very close. She want on to say ... if you are worried about blood clots you should definitively want to get a vaccine as the observed rate of clots among COVID patients was 1 in 5. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

Honest question, if this was not a "rushed vaccine" and all the research has been done, why is it not approved for children?

Children were not a part of the initial trials, nor were pregnant women. All in good time, though. Those trials are happening now. Thank goodness!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

The only argument that makes sense to me,is the possibility of someone getting Covid and having the cruise shut down.

If you're vaccinated and I'm not,  why are you so afraid of me?

Gee, this is a silly comment. You answered your own question.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Trimone said:

I’m a regular having treatment at our local hospital, I’ve had my two jabs, so have 100% of the hospital staff, so why does everyone have to use medical masks from the front door and throughout the hospital? Because it’s still active in vaccinated people, yes they can still spread it.....

Now you know why NCL want full vaccinated cruisers only it’s common sense!!

Only 0.008% of vaccinated people have had "breakthrough infections". If you don't have the virus then you can not transmit the virus to others.  Figure out how RARE that transmission is. It is essentially nil. Read about it..........

Vaccinated people transmit the virus to others EXTREMELY RARELY.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Murph269 said:

It’s pretty counter-intuitive for people to insist on being able to cruise without a vaccine, when it’s the vaccines that have caused infection to slow down to the point where cruising could be considered again. They’re basically saying “thank you people who decided to get vaxed and do your part to make this a possibility, but I’m just going to go ahead and not do my part while also reaping the benefits”. It’s a simple decision, if you want to cruise, get vaccinated. If your opposition to the vaccine outweighs your desire to cruise, than don’t cruise. Cruising is a privilege, not a right.  

I REALLY like what you said in this post. Well done!

• Like 2