New 2021 sailings?

Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, jj39 said:

Any comments made about FL law which prohibits cruise lines requiring vaccine proof? Booked on the Edge out of FLL in OCT but will CNX if CEL does not require most to be vaccinated.

The only talk I've seen is that ports are federally regulated, so the FL law is not in play there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jj39 said:

Any comments made about FL law which prohibits cruise lines requiring vaccine proof? Booked on the Edge out of FLL in OCT but will CNX if CEL does not require most to be vaccinated.

None at all. I think that will be a Richard Fain level discussion or announcement when they get clarity to definitively find their 'out' or FL comes to their senses. 

1 hour ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

FL law is not in play there. 

This.

The governor's latest rant is about Florida based businesses not being able to force employees to be vaccinated to return to work here in the state. 

He claims to be pro-cruise start up.  

The cruise lines can, and hopefully will, enforce vax requirements to board. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle

26 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

The cruise lines can, and hopefully will, enforce vax requirements to board.

If not, a lot of bookings will be cancelled. We certainly won't cruise if we are the only two passengers we know to have been vaccinated.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Because an executive order to waive PVSA requirements can only be done when in the interest of national defense.  Otherwise legislative action is required. 

I'm just a citizen, but it seems that my views are also held by those in high places in the government:

"A U.S. Federal Maritime Commission commissioner, meanwhile, encouraged the Biden administration to consider a limited exception to the PVSA while working with Canadian counterparts on a solution."

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Insights/Alaska-fight-for-summer-cruising-gets-a-boost?ct=cruise

On 5/4/2021 at 6:27 PM, cruisestitch said:

I am stunned that there would be any hint of Alaska yet this season. There has been absolutely no sign from Canada that they are willing to budge, technical stops violate all kinds of regulatory restrictions on the types of visas that would be required of crewmembers and there’s no sign of those regulations being altered.  As mom would say, what are these kids smoking?

I think the cruise lines still think the may get an exemption to the Jones act to allow Alaska sailings to proceed without a Canada stop.  I believe they've given up on Canada backing down.

15 minutes ago, ShawninFL said:

I think the cruise lines still think the may get an exemption to the Jones act to allow Alaska sailings to proceed without a Canada stop.  I believe they've given up on Canada backing down.

An exemption to the Jones Act is of no use to cruise lines wanting to bypass Canada on the way to Alaska. An exemption to the PVSA, on the other hand might be of benefit.

52 minutes ago, ShawninFL said:

Of course I know the Canadian ports are closed for cruising.  I also know from reading here from Canadien's the vaccine situation, is not so great or readily available.  I do hope that changes very soon.  I do though wonder how from their perspective this happened and still at this point in the pandemic.  US was a mess last spring and summer, deniers etc, thank God we have come so far since then.  I do hope that our Canadian friends will soon as well, and has nothing to do with their cruise ports open or closed.   For the cruises that I take, I would not be traveling through Canada, I just hope the situation improves.