New 2021 sailings?

Jeremiah1212

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Some clarification on vaccines. The 95% vaccinated passenger rule was intended to allow for unvaccinated minors. Celebrity will monitor bookings and if the <18yr old number reaches 5% they will cap bookings. 

They just announced that Pfizer vaccine will be available for 12-15 year olds very soon so hopefully they will subsequently make vaccine a requirement then for 12 years and up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

They just announced that Pfizer vaccine will be available for 12-15 year olds very soon so hopefully they will subsequently make vaccine a requirement then for 12 years and up.

They did address this. For sailings currently requiring a vaccine, the requirement is only for those 18+ regardless of whatever changes happen with vaccine availability for minors. 

The explanation was a bit confusing. It was suggested that if a child was capable of being vaccinated then they need to be vaccinated. It was also implied that there's a bit of wiggle room on the 95% for the current live sailings since they aren't in US ports. They will try to stay at 95%, but ...  If Millennium sails at 50% occupancy or 1109 passengers, that leaves 55 slots for unvaccinated passengers. I don't think I've ever been on a Celebrity cruise that had more than 55 children on board. In fact, I was on a Panama Canal cruises that was sold out with only 5 children on board.  

Just now, kathynorth said:

The explanation was a bit confusing. It was suggested that if a child was capable of being vaccinated then they need to be vaccinated. It was also implied that there's a bit of wiggle room on the 95% for the current live sailings since they aren't in US ports. They will try to stay at 95%, but ...  If Millennium sails at 50% occupancy or 1109 passengers, that leaves 55 slots for unvaccinated passengers. I don't think I've ever been on a Celebrity cruise that had more than 55 children on board. In fact, I was on a Panama Canal cruises that was sold out with only 5 children on board.  

The explanation was a little muddy. The example ship she used was the Millennium but she was explaining the requirements in regard to US/CDC cruise guidelines. There is no 95% rule outside of the US. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The explanation was a little muddy. The example ship she used was the Millennium but she was explaining the requirements in regard to US/CDC cruise guidelines. There is no 95% rule outside of the US. 

Perhaps she misspoke and was really referring to Reflection which is supposed to resume sailing from FLL in July?

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Perhaps she misspoke and was really referring to Reflection which is supposed to resume sailing from FLL in July?

I’m confident she wasn’t referring to a specific ship. She just used Millennium as the example since that ship had just been discussed moments earlier. She was trying to convey the numbers behind the 95% vaccinated passenger rule. 

The good news is that they are willing to go that route rather than do test sailings. Since they have been so elusive about vaccines from US ports so far, I wasn’t so sure.

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Can you please elaborate on the Reflection plans? This sounds new... Can someone please summarize the info from this meeting?

10 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

Can you please elaborate on the Reflection plans? This sounds new... Can someone please summarize the info from this meeting?

Actually, I think they meant to refer to Edge which is scheduled to do Caribbean itineraries.  As far as I know, Reflection is still scheduled to do European itineraries this summer.

• Like 1

Just now, ShawninFL said:

Actually, I think they meant to refer to Edge which is scheduled to do Caribbean itineraries.  As far as I know, Reflection is still scheduled to do European itineraries this summer.

Sure hope that's the case as we just finished paying for a B2B2B on the Edge out of Ft Lauderdale starting July 24th. 🤞🤞

1 minute ago, ShawninFL said:

Yes, thank you. You are correct, I did mean Edge.

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sure hope that's the case as we just finished paying for a B2B2B on the Edge out of Ft Lauderdale starting July 24th. 🤞🤞

We'll wave to you as we're getting off and you're getting on. 😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lhsail said:

So no discussion on the longer Equinox sailings for this summer out of FLL?

None at all this time around. But it's only a matter of time IMO. She essentially confirmed the rumor floating around for a while that Edge would be the first ship to resume from the US. 

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

And what of Summit August sailings with the supposed visits to Halifax? Silence on those, too?

The only deployment or redeployment mentioned was for the Galapagos sailings.  

She did mention that some Alaska cruises could happen if they can get approved for a technical stop in Canada and the outlook for that is growing more and more positive.

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

None at all this time around. But it's only a matter of time IMO. She essentially confirmed the rumor floating around for a while that Edge would be the first ship to resume from the US. 

Thanks. We had hoped we could do the Millennium then fly to FLL and catch the Equinox the next day. Guess that’s not looking so good. 

Go Cubs Go!

I am stunned that there would be any hint of Alaska yet this season. There has been absolutely no sign from Canada that they are willing to budge, technical stops violate all kinds of regulatory restrictions on the types of visas that would be required of crewmembers and there’s no sign of those regulations being altered.  As mom would say, what are these kids smoking?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Positive?  Based on what?

Conversation with Canada to allow a technical stop. Without that in place Alaska cruises are dead no matter what the CDC does.

4 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Thanks. We had hoped we could do the Millennium then fly to FLL and catch the Equinox the next day. Guess that’s not looking so good. 

Go Cubs Go!

I wouldn't count it out just yet. Depending on how the early Edge cruises go, if there is any feasible way to deploy Equinox I can't imagine they will let it sit empty too long, especially from mid-August through October when they are doing the 9 and 12 night cruises.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Conversation with Canada to allow a technical stop. Without that in place Alaska cruises are dead no matter what the CDC does.

A stroke of the President's pen, and they could be back on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They did address this. For sailings currently requiring a vaccine, the requirement is only for those 18+ regardless of whatever changes happen with vaccine availability for minors. 

Makes no sense

Since Canada has a Prime Minister, I assume you are referring to something that the US president could do. What exactly could be solved with the stroke of a pen?? Rescinding the PVSA to remove the need to stop in Canada? Or rescinding the work visa requirements for crew?  Or what?

8 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Since Canada has a Prime Minister, I assume you are referring to something that the US president could do. What exactly could be solved with the stroke of a pen?? Rescinding the PVSA to remove the need to stop in Canada? Or rescinding the work visa requirements for crew?  Or what?

What can't a 21st Century US President do with a stroke of the pen?  [either party]