Carnival Cruise Line Announces New Red, White and Blue Hull Design Across Fleet

I saw this earlier, forgot to post about it.

Interesting, I wonder whether it will make Carnival's ships more distinct-looking, since some other lines have an all-blue-colored lower hull, while some others are all-white like Carnival's current (now old) scheme?  e.g. Celebrity is all blue, Disney is all (dark) blue, but MSC and RC are all white.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thesmiths said:

New that was coming.

We all care about what is inside the ship, but it would be nice for the package to have a nice cover - Lets hope this works out.

• Like 1

This could just be me but I really hope it ushers in a new era for Carnival fonts and branding. I dig this move. The Mardi Gras font is great and has some identity to it, while the Arial-adjacent labels on the current ships is very bland.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Rust, white, and blue might be more affordable.

I thought about this when I saw it also. I thought Carnival used white because it was cheapest, seems like a bad time to change to blue. 

The big question is what paint scheme will Radiance get? I've seen photos that show the name has been physically changed on the bow, and it's still in the "Arial adjacent" type face. It's quite possible that Radiance will be the last "new" all-white hull.

It's also possible Sensation and Ecstasy never get the new paint scheme, as both will be >30 years old when they are next due for dry dock (October 2022 and January 2023).

14 hours ago, tidecat said:

The big question is what paint scheme will Radiance get? I've seen photos that show the name has been physically changed on the bow, and it's still in the "Arial adjacent" type face. It's quite possible that Radiance will be the last "new" all-white hull.

It's also possible Sensation and Ecstasy never get the new paint scheme, as both will be >30 years old when they are next due for dry dock (October 2022 and January 2023).

I have also been thinking this....

Where did you see pictures of the radiance?