Dining Package on Silhouette - 6 night

38anchor

Hi, we are considering booking a UK Staycation cruise on Silhouette for 6 nights and are contemplating booking the dining package ($204 pp). 

We haven't sailed Celebrity in a while so not sure how the dining package works. I know it states that you can't book until onboard and 1st night will be assigned (same as Royal Caribbean) but on Royal it means you can have 'unlimited' dining eg lunch and dinner.

As there are 4 sea days we would like to take advantage of the specialities for both lunch and dinner (as well as Sushi on 5) - is this possible or is it just one speciality restaurant PER DAY?

5 hours ago, 38anchor said:

As there are 4 sea days we would like to take advantage of the specialities for both lunch and dinner (as well as Sushi on 5) - is this possible or is it just one speciality restaurant PER DAY?

It's not one specialty restaurant per day, it's the number of meals you have purchased.  (E.g., a 6 night package is 6 meals.)  But as noted in a comment above, the specialty restaurants are mostly NOT open for lunch (except Sushi on 5).  Sometimes the Lawn Club Grill may have a lunch, but I don't think they offer the full dinner menu when they do.

The Silhouette is a beautiful ship; we've sailed on her twice, with a third cruise booked on her for 2022.  But I have to say that I think the specialty dining restaurants on Celebrity have really declined in food quality and service (especially Tuscan Grille).  I love the Lawn Club Grill for dinner, and Sushi on 5 (which has consistently good food and service but is almost always empty), but I wouldn't fill up all my nights in the specialty venues.  Food is very subjective of course, so YMMV.

We often eat in the dining room on Sea days, to avoid the crush in the cafeteria, although the menu is not extensive.

That being said, I’ve always been catered for, as I am Dairy Intolerant and if there is nothing on the menu, then they will make me something appropriate.

i would agree Silhouette is a wonderful ship and I think the Lawn Club Grill is the best Celebrity restaurant afloat.  Maybe you want everything decided up front and that is fine.  However for $34/night, I would not book 6 nights.  You can often get a discount as high as 2 for 1 on the specialty restaurants just for asking.  More commonly it is 30% which would still be less that $34 for LCG if it is still $45pp/night.  It depends on how fully booked they are.  We have been approached in Spa cafe or oceanview by waiters selling dinners at discount.  They are often at the entrance of the oceanview as well.   Sushi on 5 is lovely too but then, we like sushi.  We have not been to the Porch but I hear their seafood tower is amazing.  I don't know if the seafood tower is included in the dining package.

I am envious of your sailing as our Aug 26 on Silhouette was cancelled to make way for the 6 or 7 day UK cruises.

Whatever you choose for dining I hope you have an amazing cruise.

• 2 weeks later...