OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok they can now say its june 1st, where are the updates. 

It's beyond time.  Let those that want to cruise, cruise.  Those that don't can join the never-ending 'delay of game' and cruise if/when they're ready.

On 5/31/2021 at 5:32 PM, Jimbo said:

I don't even see a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore listed on the Royal's site or ant other cruise sites.........I think all those 9 day cruises were axed months ago.

Yep, I haven't seen it, searchable, for a while.  First one I see is July 10th I belive, a 5 day cruise.  Yet they haven't cancelled ours yet, officially.  So still holding onto a glimmer of hope!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJsharon said:

Yep, I haven't seen it, searchable, for a while.  First one I see is July 10th I belive, a 5 day cruise.  Yet they haven't cancelled ours yet, officially.  So still holding onto a glimmer of hope!

That would be like looking at light through a key hole.

I would be making other plans. Even if it sails, cancel right before 48 hours and get your money back under the CWC claus.

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That would be like looking at light through a key hole.

I would be making other plans. Even if it sails, cancel right before 48 hours and get your money back under the CWC claus.

I saw you suggested this before. Just cant get a refund under cwc, only a fcc. 

Rcl may be hoping people do cancel.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I saw you suggested this before. Just cant get a refund under cwc, only a fcc. 

Rcl may be hoping people do cancel.

Oh yeah right, you would get a a full refund if Royal cancels the cruise........which we all know is going to happen on that sailing anyway

9 day sailings in JULY have no chance !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

after a long conversation with RCCL today they said they cant delay payment. But they will let me keep $200 of the $350 OBC per week even if i take the FCC to buy a different cruise. 

I nearly booked next year on Odyssey back to back but ive worked out that i can get 2 weeks in Mexico for less money with better food and more stuff to do. 

Its starting to dawn on me that Drinks packages, Dining packages and flights are adding up to double the cost of what i used to pay for a cruise. It seems that each year they make less effort to so maybe its time to relegate cruising to the off second holiday instead of my main summer holiday.

Royals behaviour has just exasperated the situation even further for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

after a long conversation with RCCL today they said they cant delay payment. But they will let me keep $200 of the $350 OBC per week even if i take the FCC to buy a different cruise. 

I nearly booked next year on Odyssey back to back but ive worked out that i can get 2 weeks in Mexico for less money with better food and more stuff to do. 

Its starting to dawn on me that Drinks packages, Dining packages and flights are adding up to double the cost of what i used to pay for a cruise. It seems that each year they make less effort to so maybe its time to relegate cruising to the off second holiday instead of my main summer holiday.

Royals behaviour has just exasperated the situation even further for me.

Agreed....Royals behavior has just exasperated the situation even further for me.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mlleach said:

Did you get notification?  We are supposed to sail July 4th on Allure.

1 hour ago, mlleach said:

No.  You can no longer book Allure or Symphony.  They can't have a revenue sailing without the test cruise. Now we know the dates of the test.

What will the test cruises show? I'm not being argumentative, I really don't know what the goal is with these cruises

1 minute ago, MommaBear55 said:

What will the test cruises show? I'm not being argumentative, I really don't know what the goal is with these cruises

Yes and what happens if they fail????  I wouldn't want to cruise anywhere near these test cruises.

1 hour ago, mlleach said:

No.  You can no longer book Allure or Symphony.  They can't have a revenue sailing without the test cruise. Now we know the dates of the test.

they could... they're just choosing not to due to the vaccine requirements.

As I understand it... it is to test their protocols.... so as an example a test passenger could be told..at some point... you have covid (not for real but part of role play)... that passenger now goes into isolation and the crew have to make sure the person stays in the room... provide food... come by for periodic temp checks etc... The idea is to make sure that they have the protocols in place and that crew are trained. I read that to be a volunteer will require some work on your part. So it is not to see if Covid pops up...but to nail down what they need to do to prevent it and to stop it from spreading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kearney said:

As I understand it... it is to test their protocols.... so as an example a test passenger could be told..at some point... you have covid (not for real but part of role play)... that passenger now goes into isolation and the crew have to make sure the person stays in the room... provide food... come by for periodic temp checks etc... The idea is to make sure that they have the protocols in place and that crew are trained. I read that to be a volunteer will require some work on your part. So it is not to see if Covid pops up...but to nail down what they need to do to prevent it and to stop it from spreading.

That's true, people think they are going to be laying on the pool deck all day, not going to happen, they are there for just what it is...........to test the cruiseline to know how to handle all issues that arise. They will make issues with real people on the cruise. Many will not be happy, but it's either that or don't volunteer.

Edited by Jimbo