OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

They are waiting for you to buy more excursions on your cruise planner.

RCCL = Needs More $$$

Then raise prices on excursions that you are forced to take to offset the extra 25% they are going to give you back when you lift and shift to next year.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They are waiting for you to buy more excursions on your cruise planner.

RCCL = Needs More $$$

Then raise prices on excursions that you are forced to take to offset the extra 25% they are going to give you back when you lift and shift to next year.

Why is anyone buying shore excursions for cruises that may not sail?  I would wait and buy them on the ship - even if they cost more or simply stay on the ship, which is what I intend to do if ship sponsored excursions are my only option in November on Oasis.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mek said:

Why is anyone buying shore excursions for cruises that may not sail?  I would wait and buy them on the ship - even if they cost more or simply stay on the ship, which is what I intend to do if ship sponsored excursions are my only option in November on Oasis.

Because if you wait, there may not be none available to book. Then you may be then forced to stay on the ship. Cruise to nowhere, that some unlike you may not want.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

. And I wish they'd make a determination on if they're going to demand masks absolutely everywhere on a cruise where everyone over 18 is vaccinated.

For now there's no reason to expect anything but a masked up vacation.  Along with dozens of other restrictions, limitations and elimination of things. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

I'm worried about my November cruise. And I wish they'd make a determination on if they're going to demand masks absolutely everywhere on a cruise where everyone over 18 is vaccinated.

The CDC had already made the masking issue abundantly clear, masks everywhere except your stateroom. 

• Like 1

I doubt they will cancel everything in July at once. Much more likely that they will chop cruises a week at a time as they negotiate with the CDC. Given that the Biden goal of 70% with at least one jab by July 4th. will be met before the middle of June (at the current rate of vaccination - picking up 1/2% a day and we're at 58%, so ~24 days out), the "Public Health Emergency" that is one of the three triggers for resuming cruising without any CSO restrictions may be lifted by June.

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

for resuming cruising without any CSO restrictions may be lifted by June.

That's wishful thinking for sure.......probably not into reality that's for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's wishful thinking for sure.......probably not into reality that's for sure.

Most of us are 'into reality'.  Our state went to no masks for outdoors very recently. It's evolving every day. If a Governor wants to be a jerk and not mandate vaccinations in his state, I say bring the ships somewhere else where they are required to get cruising started. Am sincerely hoping the NJ cruises are a go in July. I know it is a long shot, but if everyone must be vaccinated and sign a release that if they lie about their vaccination they will be held liable in some way, that will deter most from trying it. 

39 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The CDC had already made the masking issue abundantly clear, masks everywhere except your stateroom. 

Faucci said today he expects masking up for flu season, even if covid is contained. They arent going to let up on masks that I can see. Always some reason not to let up.

I heard this morning also if they said the pandemic was over then they couldnt use the vaccines unless the fda gives permanent approval. Right now they are only approved for emergency use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Because if you wait, there may not be none available to book. Then you may be then forced to stay on the ship. Cruise to nowhere, that some unlike you may not want.

Of course this is only my opinion, but not for one moment do I believe there won't be shore excursions available to book onboard.  If it's a requirement to take a ship sponsored excursion then I believe they will have enough  to accommodate the people who want to get off the ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mek said:

Of course this is only my opinion, but not for one moment do I believe there won't be shore excursions available to book onboard.  If it's a requirement to take a ship sponsored excursion then I believe they will have enough  to accommodate the people who want to get off the ship.

Only have so many vendors.........maybe less now since none of them have been working.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Only have so many vendors.........maybe less now since none of them have been working.

The vendors are also looking for extra business - they will figure it out.

31 minutes ago, mek said:

The vendors are also looking for extra business - they will figure it out.

Proabaly many more months until they have to figure it out anyway. You are right.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Always seems to be one more thing. One more if, and or but. 

I don’t think anything will be decided on the day of the hearing.  I posted a link to the CDCs answer to the plaintiff’s complaint on another thread titled Texas joins lawsuit — not looking good for FL, TX or AK.