Tag another member

On 5/10/2021 at 1:47 PM, DCGuy64 said:

It's a relief to hear you say that, @chengkp75. I hope it will calm the fears of our fellow CC posters who claim they're certain loads of Americans will be permanently banned from cruise ships for failing to keep masked up all of the time (except when in their cabins). I think people who argue that have tin foil hats of their own. As I say on here from time to time, I'm here just to give my opinions, not to convince others or change others' minds. If people don't agree with me, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. What kind of pathetic person would I be if other people's opinions of me on a freaking cruise forum were the foremost thing in my mind? That would be sad.

OFF TOPIC here but need instruction on how to......

How do you put the username with the @ inside the blue highlight? In this post the @ is to chengkp75. I need instruction please as I cannot figure out how to do it. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

OFF TOPIC here but need instruction on how to......

How do you put the username with the @ inside the blue highlight? In this post the @ is to chengkp75. I need instruction please as I cannot figure out how to do it. Thanks.

Type @ and then the name. So I did @coffeebean until your username popped up. 🙂

@coffeebean

Howdy!  emo22.gif

To help you out I have split the two posts above out of the original thread and moved them to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where they will be on topic.

As @DCGuy64 says, after typing the @ and the other member's name, a list should start forming of member names & their avatars. When you see the member name & avatar you want, just click it on the list and the tag will then appear in your message. If the member has their notifications turned on they will receive a notification. image.png.0bf173da3065017493a13da4c2bd48bc.png   For more information about notifications, see the pinned thread How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 3:24 PM, DCGuy64 said:

Type @ and then the name. So I did @coffeebean until your username popped up. 🙂

I have tried to do that previously and it didn't work. Let me try again here......

@DCGuy64    @Coffebean222   Hmmm. Just found out we have another coffeebean on this forum. Who knew???

Success!!!!!  I'm on a roll now. Thank you so much. 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 5:32 PM, Host Kat said:

@coffeebean

Howdy!  emo22.gif

To help you out I have split the two posts above out of the original thread and moved them to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where they will be on topic.

As @DCGuy64 says, after typing the @ and the other member's name, a list should start forming of member names & their avatars. When you see the member name & avatar you want, just click it on the list and the tag will then appear in your message. If the member has their notifications turned on they will receive a notification. image.png.0bf173da3065017493a13da4c2bd48bc.png   For more information about notifications, see the pinned thread How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

Many thanks. I truly appreciate your helpful instructions.

5 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Just found out we have another coffeebean on this forum. Who knew???

Yep, that's exactly why I mentioned the name & avatar (aka Profile Photo). That way, hopefully, the correct one for the user name being searched is clicked. 

5 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Many thanks. I truly appreciate your helpful instructions.

You are most welcome!  emo34.gif

Glad to be of service,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry to not follow the topic.  I have been trying to figure out how to paste in a user like you did.  I am talking about the light blue highlight with the following name in it.
@ibcaspe

I have not been able to find a topic on it.

You type in the @ and then begin to type the username you are looking for. You will see a drop-down box below. Keep typing letters until you can see the name you are looking for. Then click on it to put it in your post. 

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So many times I wanted to use this instead of quote that may be full of pics

If you highlight text in a post a 'Quote selection' bubble will appear. Tapping / clicking on the bubble will start a post with the selection quoted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry to not follow the topic.  I have been trying to figure out how to paste in a user like you did.  I am talking about the light blue highlight with the following name in it.
@ibcaspe

I have not been able to find a topic on it.

Howdy @Ozark_Kid  emo22.gif

I have split out your post & the replies that were off topic. They have been merged into an existing thread titled Tag another member so they will be on topic. (It just so happens the OP was a split out too! emo34.gif)

Please see the above posts for additional information regarding your inquiry.

Host Kat  emo32.gif

Thanks @Host Kat.  Funny thing I just noticed the original post before noticing your post..  I was so confused.  I thought somehow my question was moved and when it was moved it changed to a post from @coffeebean.  Then I saw it say…. I just found out there is another Coffeebean on the forum.  I was confused lol.  Glad I saw the last post.

Thanks and have a great night!

• Thanks 1