Major battle is imminent.

There is a major sea battle about to break out between Miami and The Bahamas. on the left if the Carnival fleet. On the right is the Royal/Celebrity fleet. The highlight dot in the middle is Brilliance of the Seas leading the charge. Celebrity Summit is flanking the Carnival fleet to the North.

seabattle.JPG.d8b93c0aeddd13cd600fe39f82775db1.JPG

• Like 17
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, BillOh said:

There is a major sea battle about to break out between Miami and The Bahamas. on the left if the Carnival fleet. On the right is the Royal/Celebrity fleet. The highlight dot in the middle is Brilliance of the Seas leading the charge. Celebrity Summit is flanking the Carnival fleet to the North.

The Carnival carrier group is clearly maneuvering the fleet to protect the carrier. The royal armada, without a carrier to protect, looks more eager to engage. The Celebrity carrier saw the situation and without support ships is in retreat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

there is no question RCCL would win.  NCL has been on the verge of financial disaster for a while now.

Oddly enough analysts say ncl is in the strongest financial position ... good that you know more than the financial analysts of the US, ha. Love it. I dont see how any of the cruiselines have room to crow financially.  .now a ship battle, my money also is on rcl. Their ships are bigger.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, coldflame said:

The Carnival carrier group is clearly maneuvering the fleet to protect the carrier. The royal armada, without a carrier to protect, looks more eager to engage. The Celebrity carrier saw the situation and without support ships is in retreat.

Oasis is part of the fleet so we have at least one of 4 carriers available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 100viper said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. 

I have a sailing on her in April so I don’t like that at all. 

This Sept 4th for me, I''m hoping this is a sign of something positive happening, I'm desperate for good news, she was one of the many ships in Miami recently, I believe for crew vaccinations.

In the early days of the pandemic shut down both companies massed ships in this area. It is my ASSUMPTION they thought it was going to be a quick/short term thing. I'm hoping this means they are thinking that again. (I don't claim any knowledge)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sacrificial pawn

Royal’s calculated strategy for getting rid of the Radiance class.  

Brilliant move. Putting a Vision class ship in front would have looked desperate and too obvious to the enemy. 

Edited by Yorkvillain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Oddly enough analysts say ncl is in the strongest financial position ... good that you know more than the financial analysts of the US, ha. Love it. I dont see how any of the cruiselines have room to crow financially.  .now a ship battle, my money also is on rcl. Their ships are bigger.

KEY FACTS

Norwegian raised just over $2.2 billion in a mix of stock and debt, which it says will give the company enough cash to outlast coronavirus and endure “well over 12 months of voyage suspensions in a potential downside scenario.”

The series of capital markets transactions, led by Goldman Sachs, include a $400 million public offering of common stock, a $750 million offering of exchangeable senior notes, a $675 million offering of senior secured notes and a $400 million investment from global consumer-focused private equity firm L Catterton.

Norwegian now has $3.5 billion in liquidity and will be “well-positioned to weather covid-19 impacts,” according to its press release.

The announcement comes a day after Norwegian Cruise Line warned of a potential bankruptcy, saying that there’s “substantial doubt” about its ability to keep operating amid coronavirus.

Norwegian’s stock price, trading near $60 at the end of 2019, has plunged 81% so far in 2020, and is now trading at around $11 per share. 

The stock plunged over 20% on Tuesday following the initial warning of possible bankruptcy, and is down 0.8% on Wednesday despite the positive funding news.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

has plunged 81% so far in 2020, and is now trading at around $11 per share. 

The stock plunged over 20% on Tuesday following the initial warning of possible bankruptcy, and is down 0.8% on Wednesday despite the positive funding news.

You had to go back to 2020 to quote some basics? I'm sure ncl isnt trading at 11 any more, its trading around 27 last I looked. No way for me or you to tell which cruiseline is in the worst shape...they all have managed to raise money. I'm quoting analysts THIS year. Ncl has steadily been trading just above ccl as I track them daily tbh. Just was a comment of what analysts say, not my own analysis.

Carry on. Sorry to take the off topic bait. Financials are my bag. I sold all my cruise stock but 100 shares for obc in 2020 when I saw the cdc chokehold. That's my analysis of all of them. 

My money is still on oasis in this battle. Size matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Most unexpectedly pleasant thread content after expecting the worst from the subject line. Well done.

Just give it more time. There’ll be a battle of wits soon enough. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Poor journalism. Looks like a Freedom class dreadnought 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BillOh said:

I think Royal Caribbean intends to bottle up the Carnival fleet in the Miami harbour.