New CDC Guidance for vaccinated travelers (CSO)

lizord

6 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Could you post a link for the new guidance? My Google-fu does not seem to be working well today.

I don't think I can directly.  It was covered in detail on the La Lido Loca YouTube channel where Tony actually went through last night's CDC bulletin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jsglow said:

Ding, ding ding.  Just as I predicted two days ago!  New policy as of this morning.  No tests if you're vaxxed either at embarkation or disembarkation.  Not sure how it applies to flying into the country but this opens the cruising door wide open.  😃

American Cruise Lines has been doing something very similar with vaccinated simply getting on the ship after displaying vaccination card while unvaccinated have to take multiple covid tests to qualify for embarkation. At this point, the path for vaccinated passengers looks easy while unvaccinated will need to be fairly committed to cruising as between testing, mask wearing, and limited shore excursions...it doesn't look fun for them. 

Was reading about a another covid spike expected in the fall largely due to the 30-35% unvaccinated population. Given this,  it was mentioned that the CDC is unlikely to loosen any restraints for unvaccinated until possibly next summer as I would speculate these cruising rules for vax vs unvax passengers, will exist as well.

12 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

American Cruise Lines has been doing something very similar with vaccinated simply getting on the ship after displaying vaccination card while unvaccinated have to take multiple covid tests to qualify for embarkation. At this point, the path for vaccinated passengers looks easy while unvaccinated will need to be fairly committed to cruising as between testing, mask wearing, and limited shore excursions...it doesn't look fun for them. 

Aren't they the cruise line that has said as of July 1, all must be vaccinated? Or am I confusing them with another river cruise line?

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Aren't they the cruise line that has said as of July 1, all must be vaccinated? Or am I confusing them with another river cruise line?

Not sure but expect the trend toward a 'fully vaccinated' policy to continue and accelerate.   I'll be surprised if ANY cruise line fights those headwinds in the initial months of sailing.

Of course you'll hear 'It's so unfair!' from the unvaxxed.  

15 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

Was reading about a another covid spike expected in the fall largely due to the 30-35% unvaccinated population. Given this,  it was mentioned that the CDC is unlikely to loosen any restraints for unvaccinated until possibly next summer as I would speculate these cruising rules for vax vs unvax passengers, will exist as well.

I've read some reports that, by the Fall, "experts" predict only 15-20% will be unavaccinated.

On 5/12/2021 at 3:12 PM, jsglow said:

I'll predict the next big shoe to drop. The CDC will only require those Americans without proof of vaccination to present a negative Covid test upon entering the country from certain 'authorized' locations.  (Think Caribbean cruise ship versus a flight from a hot spot such as India.) 

I bet you're right.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Not sure as they currently operate with a no-test process for vaccinated...but testing for unvaccinated.

https://www.americancruiselines.com/account/covid-19-operating-protocol

3 hours ago, ChutChut said:

I've read some reports that, by the Fall, "experts" predict only 15-20% will be unavaccinated.

Many choose to not get the vaccination saying, they are afraid of the possible side effects. I would be worried about the effect of NOT getting the vaccine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Many choose to not get the vaccination saying, they are afraid of the possible side effects. I would be worried about the effect of NOT getting the vaccine. 

Well said! I agree 100% 👍

• Like 2

Here is the $100 question. How are the cruise lines going to be able to tell if you have been vacinated or not in Flordia ect where they are not allowed to ask if you have been vacinated or not?

1 minute ago, jedi bobs said:

Here is the $100 question. How are the cruise lines going to be able to tell if you have been vacinated or not in Flordia ect where they are not allowed to ask if you have been vacinated or not?

Your vaccination card.

Currently, an app is being designed for the smart phone. At this time, your vaccination card is what is accepted. I would think it would always be accepted, especially for those that do not have a smart phone. Not everyone does. We had our vaccination cards laminated to protect them from damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Currently, an app is being designed for the smart phone. At this time, your vaccination card is what is accepted. I would think it would always be accepted, especially for those that do not have a smart phone. Not everyone does. We had our vaccination cards laminated to protect them from damage.

I took a picture of mine and saved it on my phone and also on my computer.

6 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

scouts honor. 

6 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

They are not alowed to ask for it in Flordia, or face a 5000 fine per person fine.

The simple solution is to not sail from Florida. Plan B would be to pass the fine onto the passenger.

10 hours ago, ChutChut said:

I've read some experts predict the US will never reach herd immunity 

On 5/15/2021 at 12:50 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

Could you post a link for the new guidance? My Google-fu does not seem to be working well today.

The CDC website. However, individual businesses can set their own policies.

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I've read some experts predict the US will never reach herd immunity 

With all due respect, the experts are not as expert as they think. They are just guessing like everyone else.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 6:32 PM, harkinmr said:

Reduced capacity was always the plan.  Cruise lines have been doing it for months on sailings outside the US. 

What is an easy way to reduce capacity? Make enough rules until sufficient passengers cancel on their own, without the need for Carnival to offer any more OBC. A win-win!

2 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

With all due respect, the experts are not as expert as they think. They are just guessing like everyone else.

Time will tell but really, it is simple math. Demand for covid vaccines has dropped. If the trend continues, not enough people will be vaccinated. Many mass vaccination sites have closed up shop 

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Time will tell but really, it is simple math. Demand for covid vaccines has dropped. If the trend continues, not enough people will be vaccinated. Many mass vaccination sites have closed up shop 

I think the federal government will incentivize getting the shot. Perhaps with a lottery  or text credit or whatever. It's important to the economy that we have a healthy population. But who knows as it seems the whole world has gone crazy.

8 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

I think the federal government will incentivize getting the shot. Perhaps with a lottery  or text credit or whatever. It's important to the economy that we have a healthy population. But who knows as it seems the whole world has gone crazy.

Money is a great incentive. Many employers are requiring vaccinations. I read of more and more colleges requiring. I hope we get there before variants render the initial process obsolete and we need to do it all over. Hopefully any booster would just be a single shot that would be quicker to administer