Waikiki/Oahu Vacation Semi Live May 14-23

pebbles1102

A long long time ago back before the world fell apart, we booked a family vacation to Waikiki/Oahu for August of 2020.  Well of course that all got cancelled.  We rebooked for May 2021.  So far this vacation seems like it will go.  This vacation is  consisting of myself,  my Husband, My son who is 21 years old, and My daughter who is 19 years old.

There have already been some bumps in the road with this vacation.  We found the perfect Airbnb.  It had two bedrooms, and three beds.  Plenty of room for everyone.  Well, three weeks before the vacation, the Airbnb host suddenly cancelled our reservation.  After much searching, I was able to find a special at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani.  They were running a special, book one room, get the second room half off.  We did lose some amenities such as free parking, free laundry, and a full size kitchen.  But I was glad to find a place to stay where we can be comfortable.  

As you know, there are a lot of hoops to jump through to enter Hawaii without having to quarantine for 10 Days.  On Sunday, I scheduled everyone to have a Covid test at Walgreens.  We did the Rapid ID Now test  today and had a results back within an hour.  And the best part, the test was free. The next step is to get all of our information uploaded into our Hawaii Safe Travels website portal.

I hope to post lots of pictures and keep everyone updated on our travels.

Pam

• Like 11

Safe travels to you and your family.  What a wonderful place to visit.  

It's so beautiful!  And I love the people.  They are so kind and welcoming.

Will be waiting on lots of rainbow and waterfall photos!!

Sherry

• Like 2

So anxious to read your review and see your pictures.  We were booked for April 2020 and well you know what happened....so re- scheduled for May 2022.      Can't wait !!

Aloha, Have a great trip. Wish we could be there in Hawaii but we just got our first shot here in Canada and will be waiting awhile for our second. Hopefully when we get there in 2022 we won’t have to worry about testing prior to arrival. Your hotel is in a great location right in the heart of everything. We go almost every year to Hawaii and love it so.

Well, After jumping through all of the hoops and filing out all of the paperwork, I received my coveted "QR" code to enter Hawaii without the 14 day quarantine.  

I think Hawaii has gotten all of the kinks ironed out.  It was not a very hard process at all for testing and filing out the paperwork.  

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, pebbles1102 said:

Well, After jumping through all of the hoops and filing out all of the paperwork, I received my coveted "QR" code to enter Hawaii without the 14 day quarantine.  

I think Hawaii has gotten all of the kinks ironed out.  It was not a very hard process at all for testing and filing out the paperwork.  

Hmmm...at first you implied it was difficult, now its not? We have been to Hawaii twice since Hawaii opened up. Yes, the first time, it was a bit confusing, as it was a short time after the state had opened up, and there wasn't much experience on the internet to draw on. Now, there is tons on info out there, and our second visit was a breeze.

Are you flying an airline that "pre-clears" you into Hawaii? If so, get the pre-clearance. That can save you a ton of time.

25 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Are you flying an airline that "pre-clears" you into Hawaii? If so, get the pre-clearance. That can save you a ton of time.

Yes, we are flying united.  I believe we get our preclearance in Denver.

4AA384F1-879F-4448-9B6C-8FF0090D5EE5.thumb.jpeg.6b59820899536e1daa911bc094590b99.jpeg

we have boarded our flight in Denver. We stood in line for the pre clearance. They scanned our “QR” codes and checked our IDs. We got our wristbands and boarded the plane. We should be picking up our rental car in about 8 hours. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pebbles1102 said:

C1743990-AAF4-4372-936F-54F06E80C908.thumb.jpeg.4c6e8644d3afba34dd20fb422f1b656d.jpeg917F97E3-AA5F-42FE-BD1C-D4D486B226F8.thumb.jpeg.b3bc28484e703855c68e6e6d68182f94.jpeg

The view from our balcony 

What a beautiful sight after all of those travel hours!  

So glad to hear that you made it safe and sound.  Enjoy!!!

Sherry

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

It looks like you are in the Princess K. What kind of shape are the rooms in? It was supposed to be torn down and rebuilt, but its been an on again off again project.

We are staying at the Princess K. The rooms are nothing spectacular but look clean and comfortable. They were very nice. We had asked for connecting rooms. They weren’t able to give us that so they lowered The resort fee

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pebbles1102 said:

We are staying at the Princess K. The rooms are nothing spectacular but look clean and comfortable. They were very nice. We had asked for connecting rooms. They weren’t able to give us that so they lowered The resort fee

I heard about the Princess K. Yeah, its rooms are fabulous. Hope you enjoy your stay there. Should be amazing