Baltimore!!

20 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Never heard of any of the restaurants you mentioned. Are they at the Inner Harbor?  We never really venture much into other parts of Baltimore. 

BoBrooks in on the waterfront just past fells point, beautiful Marina with a yacht dealership there.  Captain James has a boat shaped restaurant fells point area then across the street they have outdoor patio dining on the water during summertime.  Mamas is in Canton.  5 min drive from pier 5 hotel lots of good bars and restaurants in that area too.

McCormick and schmitts that is attached to pier 5 hotel has an excellent happy with lots of food specials.  

How about Rusty Scupper across the harbor?  Their good for lunch.  Dinner is a bit overpriced with very small portions last time I was there.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:52 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here, we have walked all over that city, day and night and never felt unsafe.    We have stayed several times at pier 5 hotel right near the lighthouse and have walked over the fells points, we have wandered around various areas at night time and were just fine.   

Just like any major city there are some trouble areas that you should avoid. 

You did not walk all over the city. There are many very bad areas. Those can be avoided though. You avoided the bad areas.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:39 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never been a fan of Phillip's.  There are so many great restaurants in the general area.  Have you ever tried BoBrooks, excellent seafood.  Captain James, the one that looks like a boat is another good one.   Mamas on the half shell in Canton has excellent brunch, great oyster selection and is famous for their mussels too.   We have lots of favorites in Baltimore.

Phiilps is for tourists. 

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You did not walk all over the city. There are many very bad areas. Those can be avoided though. You avoided the bad areas.

How do you know where I walked to say I havent?

I have been visiting baltimore for work and fun since the early 90s.  Yes like any city there are bad areas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How do you know where I walked to say I havent?

I have been visiting baltimore for work and fun since the early 90s.  Yes like any city there are bad areas.

I know a lot more about Baltimore than a visitor. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Baltimore

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/md/baltimore/crime

Edited by Charles4515

33 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Have you ever been to Lexington market.  I go there everytime I am in the city.  Sometimes I walk there too.  That's not a great arra, lots of drugs and crime but the best crab cakes ever and other fresh seafood, deserts etc 

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you ever been to Lexington market.  I go there everytime I am in the city.  Sometimes I walk there too.  That's not a great arra, lots of drugs and crime but the best crab cakes ever and other fresh seafood, deserts etc 

Of course. Lexington Market just reopened. It has been closed for about a year because of Covid. 

Sheesh, people arguing about if one person knows the city of Baltimore or not, and if someone else knows it better.

I just want to know when cruises are starting up from there again.  lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NJsharon said:

Sheesh, people arguing about if one person knows the city of Baltimore or not, and if someone else knows it better.

It is up to the CDC when cruises start again from Baltimore. 

Edited by Charles4515

43 minutes ago, NJsharon said:

Thank you, same here.  I cannot wait to take another cruise out of the area.

Sorry I got off track with that other poster🤩

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Really never left the inner harbor area much except for one time visiting the zoo and going to church at the basilica, plus a few other places. 

We were there for a Retirement party on a Saturday afternoon at a restaurant ,met and took a picture with Boog Powell -Crab Cakes for dinner and the next day took a walking tour of Baltimore .Then we went to the zoo .

2 hours ago, nidaco said:

I want to know as well if our 7/1/2021 will be a go and whether at full capacity.

@nidaco, I will give you my relatively well-educated and well-grounded opinion.

Today is May 22.  July 1 is just 40 days away.  Less than 6 weeks.  I don't think that, regardless of intentions, RC can get everyone on the Enchantment vaccinated, get the ship fully crewed up, and be totally ready to sail in that amount of time.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

@nidaco, I will give you my relatively well-educated and well-grounded opinion.

Today is May 22.  July 1 is just 40 days away.  Less than 6 weeks.  I don't think that, regardless of intentions, RC can get everyone on the Enchantment vaccinated, get the ship fully crewed up, and be totally ready to sail in that amount of time.

Do we know for sure they haven't vaccinated anyone from the ship.  They need 3-4 weeks before, so they have that.  Could be readying the ship already too, right now.  No idea as we aren't hearing anything about Baltimore, just FL or Alaska.  😞

20 minutes ago, NJsharon said:

Do we know for sure they haven't vaccinated anyone from the ship.  They need 3-4 weeks before, so they have that.  Could be readying the ship already too, right now.  No idea as we aren't hearing anything about Baltimore, just FL or Alaska.  😞

We are in limbo re: Bayonne also. No one can say for sure what will happen, though some think they do.  Am positive lots going on behind the scenes to ready the ships, crew, ports, etc. once they open. I remain hopeful, but realistic that our July cruise may not happen. 

On 5/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, Lady Hudson said:

Just got an email from a friend in MD.  Gov Hogan has announced that the cruise port will open on Saturday.  More details to follow, I am sure.  Katherine

Excellent step in the right direction. I am more hopeful now that our sailing out of Baltimore in November will actually happen.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:19 PM, lenquixote66 said:

How about Lenny’s Deli at the Inner Harbor ?

On 5/15/2021 at 9:19 PM, lenquixote66 said:

How about Lenny’s Deli at the Inner Harbor ?

Alas, I believe it is now closed - permanently.

Edited by John Reid
correction

On 5/23/2021 at 8:31 AM, NJsharon said:

They started vaccinating Enchantment crew a week or so ago, in Miami.