Guidelines should change after this

Arlopop

2 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

YEA! Booked on the 2 week Caribbean in Dec.

Which sailing?  I am on a 2 week Caribbean cruise too.........Dec 2--17th......Whisper😃

Yes, this is most encouraging.  But, please carefully note the "exceptions" in the first paragraph:  "...except when required by Federal, State, ......rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance."

It's the "local business....guidance" that concerns me.  How will our various local businesses respond to that?  

Surely, it is the best news that I have read regarding the cruise industry.  But, how is this going to impact my daily life?  Too early for a mask burning party, I believe.  

31 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes, this is most encouraging.  But, please carefully note the "exceptions" in the first paragraph:  "...except when required by Federal, State, ......rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance."

It's the "local business....guidance" that concerns me.  How will our various local businesses respond to that?  

Surely, it is the best news that I have read regarding the cruise industry.  But, how is this going to impact my daily life?  Too early for a mask burning party, I believe.  

Each local business will have to gauge whether they lose more customers by requiring masks or by allowing masklessness.  And there is no right answer, so expect those rules to change regularly.  If they see people walk up, note the sign (whatever way it reads), and walk away – they will change.  My guess is that the trend will be away from masks, and quickly.

• Like 1

Once the airlines allow us to travel maskless, we'll consider cruising.

Not until then.

"... enclosed, pressurized..."
Compressed fresh air inside the fuselages.
Oh, the horror.😱

AFA Statement.jpeg

1 minute ago, iMarco46 said:

Once the airlines allow us to travel maskless, we'll consider cruising.

OK, & I respect your position, but we're going to get booked on either Northern Europe or the Med in the next few days for 2022. By then who knows the airline policy, and if we have to, we'll wear our masks on the plane to get out to sea!  

On 5/13/2021 at 5:37 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

If they see people walk up, note the sign (whatever way it reads), and walk away – they will change.  My guess is that the trend will be away from masks, and quickly.

That is my expectation as well.  For Ohio, our "magic date" is June 2nd.  I am going to make some phone calls to restaurants the evening of June 2 that I would like again to patronize and learn what their "requirements" are.  If I don't like what I learn, I will let the person with whom I am speaking be informed and ask that management be informed as well.  

We have been dining inside restaurants for months here in NY.  Just went out last night.  Masks until you are seated, then no problem at table.  On the way out, DW and I both forgot [innocently, truly] to put our masks on again – and nobody complained.  This is acceptable.  And the way we use a cruise ship, it would work pretty well for us too – as long as we can go ashore on our own and don't have to wear masks outdoors.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 2:35 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

as long as we can go ashore on our own

I think that's going to be a stumbling block. Not only for the "kerching" angle, but for safety bubbles. No one will know where you've been. MSC took guests out on an excursion which they decided they'd do their own thing once off the ship. They were refused boarding on their return.

But like you, I'm hoping the same. We prefer to do our own thing and not be chaperoned.