5-13-21 New CDC Covid 19 "When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated" guidlines...

MishelleMcc

An odd thing it seems many who are vaccinated feel they somehow cannot catch this.  It is not true. Not only can they get corona; they can spread it even though it seems the vaccinated do not need to be tested now if coming in contact with a current corona illness.  They don't recheck recovered either at least not in my experience with the recovered coming in contact with a current case so a bit confusing why recovered don't matter when those are the people the recovered antibodies are needed from blood, not the vaccinated.  Something must really matter.

• Like 1

I'm vaccinated and will be cruising in July. I have already read enough information about my cruise that processing on to the ship should not be a problem. Note: all customers will be required to wear mask while in the port area check in. Once getting through check in process (which will be longer than normal) you will be allowed to board the ship. There will be a new set of rules coming down soon in regards to social distancing. Depending on which port you sail out of things could get pretty dicey. Depending on your status might depend on where you can and can't go on the ship. The next few weeks should prove to be interesting. Unfortunately there will be those who will want to cancel. With Royal doing the "Test Cruises" in early July there could be modifications to the rules placed on their ships. My best wishes for everyone who wants to cruise this summer. Just be aware of the new rules that will come down soon when on a cruise ship.   

I’m vaxxed and ready to cruise.  I KNOW that I could still catch it but at least I can’t die from it now  and won’t end up hospitalized.  

Last year was scary.  This year, a new beginning.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sept10dsm said:

These tests are not fool proof.  They have high false positive as well as negative rates.   The inventor of the gold standard PCR stated it was never supposed to be used for diagnosing a disease.  So who really knows.  No getting the illness is not a death or even serious illness for most.  We do have immune systems.  

100% true!!!!!!!!!!   I like giving my immune system a good workout!!  Got to keep it working!  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, memoak said:

It really doesn’t matter  what people think about vaccinating folks who have had COVID. If they are going to sail with 95% vaccinated then no vaccine no cruise

image.png

Not true......you can cruise out of free Florida

15 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

This sounds much like something I suggested in an earlier post. RCL will not ask for your vaccination information. The default treatment for passengers will be taking a test at the pier and probably lots of other restrictions during the cruise and in ports. However, passengers may voluntarily show their proof of vaccination in lieu of a test and then those restrictions are lifted. This is also in line with current CDC guidance. Everyone can sail as long as they're healthy.

Since on board you cannot tell the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, everyone on a cruise where less than 95% are vaccinated will have to follow the same protocols. This means more social separation including in the dining rooms and more required mask wearing.

• Like 1