Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I know some people could see their Covid Vaccination info on the NHS App ( not to be confused with NHS Covid App) before but it was supposed to be coming online for everyone on 17th May, so presumably we can then use as proof of vaccination. Someone said on Facebook that they could now see their’s so Hubbie downloaded App , got in easily and can see his vaccination details. So we went to do mine,  I had NHS number etc and it actually told me who I was but then it asked me for proof I was that person. So I have had to jump through hoops with pictures/ videos of me. Now got to wait for them to verify.

 

Has anyone else been asked for this extra proof? 
 

Info on app. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sounds similar to mine and many other peoples experience.

The part that will be used as proof of vaccination status (to give its correct name) seems to have been add to the app today you will be asked to accept new terms and conditions.

Edited by MX-Drew
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sounds similar to mine and many other peoples experience.

The part that will be used as proof of vaccination status (to give its correct name) seems to have been add to the app today you will be asked to accept new terms and conditions.

The new section is headed Check your Covid-19 vaccine record on the front page.

Interestingly it does not work in airplane mode which I suspected it might but there is still time for an update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find it very odd my Husband wasn’t asked for extra proof, just put his NHS number in and voila. But I am being asked for extra proof, first of all he said I must have done something wrong, but then acknowledged I didn’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Yes then it took 4 days for them to verify who I was but done now and my vaccinations are all on.


Did they contact you to tell you it was verified or did you just keep trying to get in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

The new section is headed Check your Covid-19 vaccine record on the front page.

Interestingly it does not work in airplane mode which I suspected it might but there is still time for an update.

Great, Glad I had faith in the system 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have just had a thought, if I recall correctly the NHS Covid-19 tracking app uses the internet but you are not charged, this may be the same for the NHS app used to prove Covid-19 vaccination status.

 

Edited by MX-Drew
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have just had a thought, if I recall correctly the NHS Covid-19 tracking app uses the internet but you are not charged, this may be the same for the NHS app used to prove Covid-19 vaccination status.

 

You don’t get charged for using the App.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently there’s likely to be a 4 week gap before the App can be used in Wales for technical reasons, so from 24 May a “paper-based vaccination status” will be available for people in Wales who have had two doses and need to travel urgently to a country that requires vaccination proof. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

So that's how MD will stop the Welsh going abroad against his advice, 

Possibly! But to be honest, I really can’t understand the urgency to travel abroad just for a holiday at least for a few months (family reasons I understand). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband had the same problem asking for photo ID but I didn’t when I down loaded the app , and thought it was because I have system on line with my doctors and my husband doesn’t, when I downloaded the app for me I saw everything straight away because it linked up to my records, so I applied for my husband to join system on line at our doctors first got him going on that then downloaded the nhs app and then it didn’t ask for ID he got straight in all up and running, it’s only my thought though 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

My husband had the same problem asking for photo ID but I didn’t when I down loaded the app , and thought it was because I have system on line with my doctors and my husband doesn’t, when I downloaded the app for me I saw everything straight away because it linked up to my records, so I applied for my husband to join system on line at our doctors first got him going on that then downloaded the nhs app and then it didn’t ask for ID he got straight in all up and running, it’s only my thought though 😉

We both use systemonline although different surgeries, Mrs YP accesses systemonline through her surgery web site whereas I access it direct, we both use the NHS app and neither of us needed photo ID to access the app, so your thoughts seem correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We both use systemonline although different surgeries, Mrs YP accesses systemonline through her surgery web site whereas I access it direct, we both use the NHS app and neither of us needed photo ID to access the app, so your thoughts seem correct.

I hope that is the case when I try and download the NHS App (Our surgery uses systemonline) I had real difficulty getting my passport photo approved when I applied for a new passport last year.Hubbys photo was accepted straight away (trust him to be photogenic!)Even though my photo was taken at the same time/same background it kept being rejected .Successfully submitted one the following day to find that one that had been rejected  too at a later stage.Thought I would have to get a medical note to explain the dark circles etc!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We both use systemonline although different surgeries, Mrs YP accesses systemonline through her surgery web site whereas I access it direct, we both use the NHS app and neither of us needed photo ID to access the app, so your thoughts seem correct.

My wife and I use SystmOnline online but both of use required photo ID but it only took minutes to approve.
What May be a possibility is the requirements have changed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we have an online system for our Doctors as well, have for quite a few years now, but as I said Hubby got approved straight away but I am having to prove I am who I say I am. Perhaps it’s just random and they have to check a certain percentage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Yes we have an online system for our Doctors as well, have for quite a few years now, but as I said Hubby got approved straight away but I am having to prove I am who I say I am. Perhaps it’s just random and they have to check a certain percentage.

I did mine first last night and had to photo passport and send a video of me saying 4 numbers and still waiting to be confirmed.

We did Pauline's and sent a passport photo then the app did a scan of Pauline's face.

5 minutes later her application was accepted by email.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ann141 said:

I hope that is the case when I try and download the NHS App (Our surgery uses systemonline) I had real difficulty getting my passport photo approved when I applied for a new passport last year.Hubbys photo was accepted straight away (trust him to be photogenic!)Even though my photo was taken at the same time/same background it kept being rejected .Successfully submitted one the following day to find that one that had been rejected  too at a later stage.Thought I would have to get a medical note to explain the dark circles etc!!

It will be interesting to see how you get on Ann as people seem to be having different experiences regarding the Photo id. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

The new section is headed Check your Covid-19 vaccine record on the front page.

Interestingly it does not work in airplane mode which I suspected it might but there is still time for an update.

I sincerely hope so. It will be of limited use abroad if it only works when an internet connection is available. How often have you been in an airport or cruise terminal (like Barbados) which provides public wifi and found yourself unable to log on because the system is already fully subscribed with other users? Imagine the situation if a plane with a couple of hundred passengers or a cruise ship with several thousand arrives and all the passengers try to log on at once. And the alternative of international roaming may not be available on your phone. It should not be too difficult to store the information in the app so that it is always available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I sincerely hope so. It will be of limited use abroad if it only works when an internet connection is available. How often have you been in an airport or cruise terminal (like Barbados) which provides public wifi and found yourself unable to log on because the system is already fully subscribed with other users? Imagine the situation if a plane with a couple of hundred passengers or a cruise ship with several thousand arrives and all the passengers try to log on at once. And the alternative of international roaming may not be available on your phone. It should not be too difficult to store the information in the app so that it is always available.

 

Which is why I've decided not to go abroad till September,  give them time to sort things out.

 

However if you bring the page up , then just put your phone or in my case tablet to sleep (not power off) , the page is still there when you wake it up. Therefore go to NHS app before you leave hotel load the page,  making sure device is fully charged , put it to sleep,  wake it up at airport

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...