Florida cruises

LHT28

7 hours ago, Robjame said:

My cruise is March 2022 so no air arrangements or hotels pre-cruise - has Oceania provided air arrangements for earlier cruises out of Florida?

I would welcome Oceania pulling out of Florida and establishing Jamaica or some other Caribbean island as a base - a week pre-cruise would suit me.

Not Jamaica..not enough lift!

Jancruz1

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Wonder what state will be next ??  😬

Georgia -- so nothing from Savannah.   Would say same for SC which passed theirs on 12 May -- so no port of Charleston.  Yesterday Louisiana did same...  so no New Orleans.  Alabama did same -- so no port of Mobile...

Hoping against hope that this will be a moot point by spring of 2022. Otherwise I will be cancelling my recently-booked Oceania Caribbean cruise. I booked it BECAUSE it was round-trip out of Miami. My preference in the Caribbean would have been Windstar,  but the flights from California to St. Maarten are positively grueling. To Miami? Easy peasy.

I don’t have any sources to append here, but I have read that the Texas legislation provides a loophole for any business that is complying with federal regulation. Therefore, CCL can require vaccine information to comply with CDC regulations. Hopefully!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Georgia -- so nothing from Savannah.   Would say same for SC which passed theirs on 12 May -- so no port of Charleston.  Yesterday Louisiana did same...  so no New Orleans.  Alabama did same -- so no port of Mobile...

I guess   if you want to cruise  from a US port   you better hope  all  onboard will be vaccinated  😉

Unless  the cruise lines can come with  a Plan "B"

JMO

Gee folks, we all know the cruise industry is not going to leave Florida, there isn’t sufficient infrastructure like Florida has to accommodate them anywhere and it would take YEARS and tens of Billions that quite frankly the industry nor governments don’t have to lure them one direction or the other.  Write this off as all posturing and trying to make someone look bad without bothering to look into the mirror. 
Save yourselves a lot of anxiety and don’t book anything in 2021and you will not be disappointed.
Shall we look at it as “Same circus, different clowns”?  
If the Covid hits the fan again and the reaction is to lock the world down again, then we have a whole new ballgame.

JMHO, I added the H for Humble!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Airline availability and capacity to get passengers to Jamaica.

That’s what charter flights are for. That’s why Oceania ran charter flights to the FP.

Not an insurmountable problem.

Basically you'd have to fly into Montego Bay, most hotels in that area are geared toward AI's. It's been a long time since I've been there but I don't really remember much facilities for embarkation or disembarkation. The airport is close though. There's a big dock at Falmouth, but I think it's RCL's setup and once again really not set up with a terminal. Also it's quite the drive there from the airport. 

Isn’t this just all posturing at the end of the day .. seems like it’s a big stand off to me. Both parties have lots of livelihoods and infrastructure at odds.

Florida can’t afford to lose cruising and cruising can’t afford to lose Florida it seems to me. 

I hope they get it sorted out - I have cruised out of Miami but it was in 1990 and I am sure it has changed a lot, I am looking forward to opening the blinds at the Intercontinental on the 23rd Dec next year and seeing Riviera waiting for us at terminal J!

14 hours ago, ORV said:

Basically you'd have to fly into Montego Bay, most hotels in that area are geared toward AI's. It's been a long time since I've been there but I don't really remember much facilities for embarkation or disembarkation. The airport is close though. There's a big dock at Falmouth, but I think it's RCL's setup and once again really not set up with a terminal. Also it's quite the drive there from the airport. 

Nope, not Montego Bay..

Jancruz1

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of interesting snippets from the current Celebrity sailings out of Fort Lauderdale from an onboard poster.

Apparently it took 23 minutes from parking the car to being onboard.

Muster drill:

Open the App, 

Watch 20 second lifejacket video, click complete.

Listen to the emergency signals sound, click complete.

Proceed to your muster location, check in.

Drill complete.

• Like 3