Planet Hollywood live-ish review

MeganGC1983

49 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Braza for breakfast has a “salad bar” for your fruits, pastries and charcuterie, and then an a la carte menu. 

4E260200-DD7B-4DB1-9602-5DAE643410A4.jpeg

A definite upgrade from last month for someone who doesn't like buffets. I would've tried everything on that menu by the end of the week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't know about that part.

Yeah, our waiter made my mimosa, but then I saw other use the cart and I side-eyed them pretty good. I also saw a couple of people use the “salad bar” without masks. What do they think this is, 2019?!

• Like 5

We are all sign up for our Covid test. Just awaiting the time email. Hope it doesn’t interfere with our day trip to Isla Mujeres tomorrow. They said if it does, we can email back to get rescheduled. We walked down to locate the clinic and there is a long line. Not too jazzed about waiting in it, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Not much going on this morning. Lots of workers cleaning. I’m sitting outside listening to the rain and checking email. Thinking about another mimosa. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I booked our Isla trip with Isla Driver Robby. He offers several packages:

a basic tour- he drives you in a golf cart around the island for $45 pp. 

snorkel and island- $135 pp they pick you up at the dock, you snorkel for 2 hours, then the island tour for 6 hours including lunch on the beach

the new catamaran tour- booze cruise and island tour… don’t know too many details because they just had their first one, yesterday, I believe. 

I went with the snorkel and island tour. They also arranged us transport to the dock, RT for $35. I messaged them our room info and they said William would pick us up in the morning. When researching Isla Mujeres everyone said to get a golf cart to see the island. Everyone also said they like to fine drunk golf carters, soo a driver sounded like a good plan, and Robby’s company came highly recommended. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

That's a Star Class room location????

Yes, we ended up in building 16. That’s The Catch across from us. The adult pool starts two swim outs over. Since they had our reservation down as a non-star class swim out… we kept the swim out and they just added Star Class to it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes, we ended up in building 16. That’s The Catch across from us. The adult pool starts two swim outs over. Since they had our reservation down as a non-star class swim out… we kept the swim out and they just added Star Class to it. 

Oh ok. Yeah I would've expected you to be down by one of the pools.

• Like 2

Husband came out with a Dos Equis. Trying to figure out a game plan for when they come to clean the room. We are thinking Adult Scene lobby bar. We haven’t made it there yet and I can’t remember the name of it. 
I also finally talked to Mad Maxx, and we will see him tonight. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I booked our Isla trip with Isla Driver Robby. He offers several packages:

a basic tour- he drives you in a golf cart around the island for $45 pp. 

snorkel and island- $135 pp they pick you up at the dock, you snorkel for 2 hours, then the island tour for 6 hours including lunch on the beach

the new catamaran tour- booze cruise and island tour… don’t know too many details because they just had their first one, yesterday, I believe. 

I went with the snorkel and island tour. They also arranged us transport to the dock, RT for $35. I messaged them our room info and they said William would pick us up in the morning. When researching Isla Mujeres everyone said to get a golf cart to see the island. Everyone also said they like to fine drunk golf carters, soo a driver sounded like a good plan, and Robby’s company came highly recommended. 

Did the golf cart a few years ago. We were a group of about 20 and four to a cart. Went bar hopping all day. No issues with being fined and there was definitely not a designated driver!
btw, am enjoying your vacation, thanks for sharing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, purpleally said:

Did the golf cart a few years ago. We were a group of about 20 and four to a cart. Went bar hopping all day. No issues with being fined and there was definitely not a designated driver!
btw, am enjoying your vacation, thanks for sharing!

I read they started it in late 2019. I also saw on a vlog some were pulled over at check points to enforce mask. I rather be safe than sorry. I’m not cut out for Mexican jail or prison. 😉

• Like 2

The first day at the beach bar, we saw a guy, 50ish, sitting, drinking beer at 9am without a phone or computer, living his best life. He’s from south side Chicago and now he’s getting shots for all the single ladies at the Scene Bar. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1