Return to service details

On the blog that shall not be named (I just love typing that BTW), there is an article that Royal completed a new agreement with Port Canaveral and is poised to apply for test cruises soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gadaboutgal said:

Was anything announced regarding the Adventure sailings from Bahamas?

50 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

What about Harmony from Barcelona, any news....

As Ken said, "To be announced next week"...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jrapps said:

On the blog that shall not be named (I just love typing that BTW), there is an article that Royal completed a new agreement with Port Canaveral and is poised to apply for test cruises soon.

I keep seeing people referencing said blog, but I have no idea what blog that is. Can I get a hint?

39 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I was just reading that blog post on social media about Port Canaveral (but no mention of other Florida ports) and wondering if this has anything to do with Odyssey coming early to the USA? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I was just reading that blog post on social media about Port Canaveral (but no mention of other Florida ports) and wondering if this has anything to do with Odyssey coming early to the USA? 

I doubt it. They've been working on those shore agreements for a while

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Unfortunately, my lame brain governor is not following the science and having doubts on my Oasis Sept. 5th sail from Bayonne.

So tragic, I hope your suffering is short lived. I do wish we returned to the days of science fiction in dealing with the virus.  So sorry for those who stockpiled bleach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Unfortunately, my lame brain governor is not following the science and having doubts on my Oasis Sept. 5th sail from Bayonne.

So you didn't want the travel advisory to be lifted?

https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/announcements/all-announcements/governor-murphy-announces-lifting-of-travel-advisory

Governor Murphy Announces Lifting of Travel Advisory

Last Updated: 05/17/2021
Copy Link to Article

TRENTON– Governor Phil Murphy today announced the lifting of New Jersey's travel advisory, which outlined quarantine and testing recommendations for residents and visitors to the state following interstate travel. Effective immediately, the travel advisory is no longer in place for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.

or was this what you don't like?

https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/announcements/all-announcements/governor-murphy-signs-executive-order-implementing-second-phase-of-covid-19-restriction-easing

Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Implementing Second Phase of COVID-19 Restriction Easing

Last Updated: 05/13/2021
Copy Link to Article

TRENTON – Governor Phil Murphy last night signed Executive Order No. 239, moving forward with the COVID-19 restriction easing announced last week. The easing includes the complete removal of the outdoor gathering limit; an increased indoor gathering limit; the complete removal of all percentage-based capacity limits for indoor businesses, outdoor businesses, and houses of worship,; and an increased indoor large venue capacity. Additionally, the prohibition on indoor interstate youth sports competitions is being lifted.

"Throughout the pandemic, data and public health needs have guided the hard decisions we've made on COVID-19 restrictions,"said Governor Murphy."With COVID-19 metrics trending in the right direction amidst substantial progress on our COVID-19 vaccination program, we can move forward with these significant steps towards a return to normalcy."

tom

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

That's still in there.

I thought so, which means Odyssey going to PC doesn't have anything to do with Royals request to start test cruises from there.  It's odd that PC is first though.  Not that I am complaining I want my Sept cruise to happen so bad!!!

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

We're on the sailing prior to you on 8/29. What is the Governor saying that leads you to believe he has a negative stance on cruising resuming?

So right now there is going to be one ship doing a test cruise from FL, and only a couple of thousand crew being vaccinated (not more than one ship needs).

So then, I am guessing no cruising from Baltimore until August maybe?  Figure you have to wait 3-4 weeks inbetween shots, and only the crew from the one ship is getting them now.  Then they may have to do a test cruise from Baltimore too eventually?

😞

There was just a big story on the news here about the Explorer vaccinating crew today at Port Canaveral.  Seems Royal Caribbean has finalized a “Port Agreement” with Port Canaveral, which must now be approved by the state and the CDC, before a test cruise can sail.  The Port Canaveral CEO said (live on camera) that he believes ships will sail from Port Canaveral this summer.

According to WFTV, Port Canaveral is working on similar Agreements with two other unnamed Cruise Lines.

I believe they know if July cruises are in or out. It is so frustrating to be inside 60 days and still be in limbo with our money tied up. Most people thought for sure we would have heard by last week, then beginning of the week, now end of this week. 😡

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

Is that why my link to a story on the blog that shall not be named...was hidden? But that also happened with a link to CDC guidance info...