A new way to explore onboard with Azamara

govanguy

I just received the following in an email:

On behalf of the Azamara family, I hope you have been staying safe, healthy, and positive these past few months. As the time soon approaches to set sail again, we’d like to remind you that our top priority is and will continue to be the health and safety of guests, crew and the communities we visit. As part of our Explore Well at Sea plan, we’ve been working hard to reimagine our onboard experiences to continue delivering all those Azamara touches you know and love.

We are excited to share a glimpse of some onboard updates you can expect on your next voyage:
• One new way we are bringing cultural encounters to life on board is through our Destination Celebration℠, the adaptation of AzAmazing Evenings®. It will be exclusively available for Azamara guests through Spring of 2022, on most voyages of seven nights or longer.

• We are expanding our White Night event to take place across several of our venues and not just the pool deck. Feel free to roam around and venue-hop at your leisure while indulging in drinks and hors d’oeuvres. 

• Our current loyalty onboard events are also being reimagined with a special ship-wide Circle Happy Hour featuring special cocktails exclusively for our loyalty members. 
We know it’s truly the people that make each voyage so special, and this is our way to make sure you can safely continue growing those connections with an experience that’s just as memorable. As we count down the days to set sail, we are looking forward to keeping the Azamara spirit alive in environments that keep us all safe and healthy with Azamara Circle℠ members like you. 

Thank you so much for your continued support. We cannot wait to welcome you back to your home-away-from-home!
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I received it too. The way I am reading it is that the White Night buffet will be replaced by hors d’oeurves.

Optimistically, I was interpreting it as there being drinks and hors d’oeuvres in places other than the pool deck where the buffet would continue.

That would satisfy those who don’t really enjoy White Night.

But you may well be correct and that would really disappoint those of us who are not “drinks and hors d’oeuvres” kind of people.

Perhaps there will be a clarification.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, manc said:

Does this contain a lowering of benefits for Discoverer Plus members which we see? 

What Discoverer Plus benefits are being lowered?  The only thing I see that could be impacted is the “exclusive onboard get-together for Discoverer members and above” . 

• Like 1

The Destination Celebration strikes me as a very watered down, on board version of the Azamazing evening events. I am making the cosmic assumption that covid being what it is, and planning being what it is, getting land venues has not been easy. The note does say they are only through Spring 2022, so I'm optimistic. Never a great fan of White Nights, but I cannot imagine them holding only hors ovaries at the pool deck. My guess is that the buffet will remain, and nibbles will be spread out, which would be VERY nice. I put my trust in with these guys, they have never let me down in 10 years of sailings.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nordski said:

Optimistically, I was interpreting it as there being drinks and hors d’oeuvres in places other than the pool deck where the buffet would continue.

That would satisfy those who don’t really enjoy White Night.

But you may well be correct and that would really disappoint those of us who are not “drinks and hors d’oeuvres” kind of people.

Perhaps there will be a clarification.

I hope there is clarification, because I think the idea is to keep from having a massive crowd on the pool deck, which I imagine they would get if they had the buffet. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I hope there is clarification, because I think the idea is to keep from having a massive crowd on the pool deck, which I imagine they would get if they had the buffet. 

Ahhh! As usual you are one step ahead of me and considering a factor I should not have overlooked.

You are probably correct.

I hope that this concern has significantly  lessened by the time we are onboard and White Night has returned to its former state since it is usually in an outside venue.

• Like 3

I would say all the adjustments make perfect sense to me.

I think the "LCV party" was an event needing a refresh anyway so the idea of something special around the ship sounds good.  

In time, Azamara can work out what is the best kinds of "events" that can be offered that meet the needs of the authorities, crew and guests.  Its a tricky balance.  I wish them well!

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I agree, this all seems to me to be very sensible. The White Night buffet could not possibly go ahead as there’s no way it could be socially distanced. 

However, it would be outside, so there would be less need for social distancing. Hopefully they are planning enough venues for the alternate party so that there won’t be crowds inside. Right now, in the US, there are few restrictions for outdoor gatherings.

• Like 1

Social distancing becomes somewhat irrelevant since all of us, passengers and crew are vaccinated, and many of us will probably have to produce negative covid tests, depending on national entry policy.  I really think they are trying to get things off the ground with a wing and a prayer, and nothing is standardized - yet. Heck, the reports of Europe reopening to tourism has only come this past week. Arranging for the Moscow Circus to show up one evening in Venice is not going to be an easy task. Let's all give them some time to see the kinks, and then iron them out. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

However, it would be outside, so there would be less need for social distancing. Hopefully they are planning enough venues for the alternate party so that there won’t be crowds inside. Right now, in the US, there are few restrictions for outdoor gatherings.

The issue I see is that although it's outside, the food was set up within The Patio area which is roof covered and a natural bottle neck.  And of course serve yourself. If we are moving toward attended service buffets then it seems to me unworkable in its current form. 

I think the suggestions are sensible too and agree with uktog that it's a good opportunity to refresh and try to do things a little different. It's a tough job to call what to do because it's an evolving situation with varying local rules.  

All I do know is that I hope White Night can return to something like it used to be at some point and that we don't have to worry about social distancing which is going to be very hard to achieve on a cruise ship like Azamara. 

Phil 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The issue I see is that although it's outside, the food was set up within The Patio area which is roof covered and a natural bottle neck.  And of course serve yourself. If we are moving toward attended service buffets then it seems to me unworkable in its current form. 

I think the suggestions are sensible too and agree with uktog that it's a good opportunity to refresh and try to do things a little different. It's a tough job to call what to do because it's an evolving situation with varying local rules.  

All I do know is that I hope White Night can return to something like it used to be at some point and that we don't have to worry about social distancing which is going to be very hard to achieve on a cruise ship like Azamara. 

Phil 

The issue I see is that although it's outside, the food was set up within The Patio area which is roof covered and a natural bottle neck.  And of course serve yourself. If we are moving toward attended service buffets then it seems to me unworkable in its current form. 

You’re right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

All I do know is that I hope White Night can return to something like it used to be at some point and that we don't have to worry about social distancing

Let's hope! White Night was a real entertainment and mustical event for us ... we loved it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GlobalMethod said:

Let's hope! White Night was a real entertainment and mustical event for us ... we loved it!

Me too!  I keep having memories pop up on Facebook (I was often away at this time of year) and to say I was having cruise withdrawal is an understatement. White Nights, Azamazing and more.  The lot. Today's memory two years ago was when I was on Pursuit and we shared Livorno together at the same time with Journey and I visited there. Saw other cruisers and crew that I knew. I remember it vividly. It's tough to think about it in the midst of all this, but very happy memories that will return. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Me too!  I keep having memories pop up on Facebook (I was often away at this time of year) and to say I was having cruise withdrawal is an understatement. White Nights, Azamazing and more.  The lot. Today's memory two years ago was when I was on Pursuit and we shared Livorno together at the same time with Journey and I visited there. Saw other cruisers and crew that I knew. I remember it vividly. It's tough to think about it in the midst of all this, but very happy memories that will return. 

Phil 

Agreed, and hope all goes well tomorrow 👍

• Like 1