Cruises with dancing

minniem

We are looking for a cruise line with dancing, not strict ballroom but social dancing like slow dancing and swings. Many, many years ago all the cruise lines had dancing at night but from what I am reading there is not much dancing.  Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

It varies on the lines and even between ships.  Princess has has dance sessions in a lounge with recorded music and  in other venues such as Wheelhouse and the atrium.  NCL had dancing in one of the dining rooms.  RCL and Carnival tend to have a Latin dance club. Oceania had dancing before the nightly show.  So once you narrow down your choice, you can check on the board for that line and ship to see options.

I would normally agree with the post about Cunard.  However, with the long COVID shutdown none of us has a clue what to expect as cruise lines begin operations and gradually do away with social distancing/masking mandates.  My thinking is that Cunard will always have some ballroom dancing (to live bands) on their ships.   MSC also has had many different entertainment options on their ships so there is usually one or more bands that work for dancers.  Otherwise I think we have to wait and see what happens in the next few months.   

Hank

We enjoy social dancing and the experience varies wildly between cruise lines and their ships and itineraries. Shorter cruises tend to have more DJ and Latin music, esp in the Caribbean. Some bands try to take the pulse of the crowd while other bands just play their sets and don't seem to care. Except for Cunard, we will all have to wait until cruising gets back to normal to figure out the answer to this question.