When is your next cruise?

mek

12 minutes ago, printingchick said:

Played it safe and looked out to 2023. I'm booked on Serenade, sailing on February 4, 2023. It's a LONG time to wait, but I wanted to be sure it would be the cruise experience I love, including the buffet, no masks required, no social distancing. I'm hoping to retire in 4-5 years and this may be the last cruise I can afford to take, so I want it to fabulous. 

We are on the 2/22/2023 Serenade 10 night cruise  - a great itinerary - think about it????

Edited by cruise wizard

Just cancelled Freedom in August (Bermuda out of NJ).

Next one is Anthem in December (out of NJ)

Feeling better about it compared to before but still feel it has 50% chance of sailing and us going.  Our family should all be vaccinated by then (kids included) which was a big hurdle, but also need

• NJ to open up
  • Anthem to return to the US and sail from there 
  • Borders to open

12 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Just cancelled Freedom in August (Bermuda out of NJ).

Next one is Anthem in December (out of NJ)

Feeling better about it compared to before but still feel it has 50% chance of sailing and us going.  Our family should all be vaccinated by then (kids included) which was a big hurdle, but also need

• NJ to open up
  • Anthem to return to the US and sail from there 
  • Borders to open

Good luck!!!!!

• Thanks 1

We are booked for our 1st B2B on Oasis in Nov. Funny enough, we will probably cancel. Our dog has cancer & kidney disease. I doubt we will still have her then, but we will have a puppy. It just doesn’t look like a good time to be away.

Due to the cancelled cruises DH hasn’t taken any time off from work. He was informed last week that he is over the limit on earned vacation and he MUST take days! 3 & 4 day weekends for awhile! 

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We are on the 2/22/2023 Serenade 10 night cruise  - a great itinerary - think about it????

Would love to, but can't afford a 10 night. Doing the seven night. Of Caribbean cruises, the southern Caribbean is far and away my favorite, but pinching pennies these days, so chose western. I like the western itineraries that include Roatan and Belize. I've visited Grand Cayman often enough. I like a bit of variety. 

6 minutes ago, printingchick said:

Would love to, but can't afford a 10 night. Doing the seven night. Of Caribbean cruises, the southern Caribbean is far and away my favorite, but pinching pennies these days, so chose western. I like the western itineraries that include Roatan and Belize. I've visited Grand Cayman often enough. I like a bit of variety. 

Cozumel is our restocking of vanilla extract and some meds...........and some good food and beverages!!!!!

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Cozumel is our restocking of vanilla extract and some meds...........and some good food and beverages!!!!!

Cozumel gets a bad rap because it's a place most cruise passengers end up visiting multiple times. But I actually like Cozumel. We're thinking of doing a jeep tour on our cruise and visiting some places we've never seen. I didn't realize it was a place to get vanilla! Good insight.

28 minutes ago, printingchick said:

Cozumel gets a bad rap because it's a place most cruise passengers end up visiting multiple times. But I actually like Cozumel. We're thinking of doing a jeep tour on our cruise and visiting some places we've never seen. I didn't realize it was a place to get vanilla! Good insight.

We buy our vanilla at Mega Store - downtown. Much less expensive than at the shops by the port - about 1/2 price. We buy what the locals buy - not the tourists stuff. We like to spend the day at Nachi Cocum or sometimes just have some local food downtown or by the Carnival pier (Pancho's Backyard).

https://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

https://www.panchosbackyard.com/

43 minutes ago, printingchick said:

I also like Cozumel.  Several years ago we took a Scoot Coupe tour around the island and were amazed how different it looks on the other side - waves and rocks.  The tour was a lot of fun.

12 minutes ago, mek said:

I also like Cozumel.  Several years ago we took a Scoot Coupe tour around the island and were amazed how different it looks on the other side - waves and rocks.  The tour was a lot of fun.

The last time we were in Cozumel was during a hurricane that was heading to Port Canaveral - we turned back which was a blessing. My wife is a diabetic and has several meds that she needs - she had enough for the 2 weeks but no extra for the 3 days that we were delayed. We found a taxi driver that brought us to a real pharmacy and was able to get all of her prescriptions filled. What a relief!!!!!

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

The last time we were in Cozumel was during a hurricane that was heading to Port Canaveral - we turned back which was a blessing. My wife is a diabetic and has several meds that she needs - she had enough for the 2 weeks but no extra for the 3 days that we were delayed. We found a taxi driver that brought us to a real pharmacy and was able to get all of her prescriptions filled. What a relief!!!!!

A very long time ago time my husband forgot all of his meds.  Our first port was St Thomas and fortunately the ship's doctor was able to get everything he needed from one of the local pharmacies, so I can appreciate what a panic that must have been.  Now we check and double check make sure we have all of them and take an extra week's supply with us - just in case.

1 minute ago, mek said:

A very long time ago time my husband forgot all of his meds.  Our first port was St Thomas and fortunately the ship's doctor was able to get everything he needed from one of the local pharmacies, so I can appreciate what a panic that must have been.  Now we check and double check make sure we have all of them and take an extra week's supply with us - just in case.

Lessons learned............it only takes 1 time!!!! She carries an extra week of meds now.

In Coz you don't have to have a prescription to buy meds which was a life saver. She had a list of meds that she carries in her purse in case of an accident. We tried several of the Green Cross establishments but they mainly had OTC's. I found a cab driver and told him of our predicament - he drove us to his local Pharmacy (2 story building on a side street) and waited for us and he got a good tip!!!! I was wondering where he was taking us, we went through back streets and zig-zagged. I was thinking that we were in trouble but the driver was great. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

January 3 on Freedom, we are checking out the new junior suites on the pool deck 😊

Then we are supposed to be on Serenade out of Vancouver July 2022. I really hope that we still sail out of Vancouver, we've been to Seattle a couple times already. I've heard such wonderful things about Vancouver, I want to see it for myself. Last one we have booked is Oasis in Feb 2023.

Vancouver is the most beautiful city in world, in my opinion. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, printingchick said:

We did that last time and really enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Vancouver is the most beautiful city in world, in my opinion. 

My wife and I have been as I have posted numerous times in Canada 17 times between 1969 and 2013.We discovered Vancouver in 1999 on a land trip.We spent a week there going to as many places as physically possible.It is one of our all time favorite cities .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I have been as I have posted numerous times in Canada 17 times between 1969 and 2013.We discovered Vancouver in 1999 on a land trip.We spent a week there going to as many places as physically possible.It is one of our all time favorite cities .

When you discovered Vancouver did you claim it as a Territory of Brooklyn?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It was home for many years and I probably took it for granted. Now every time I return I’m reminded of it’s beauty. 

53 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

When you discovered Vancouver did you claim it as a Territory of Brooklyn?

In 1986 ,my wife and I and the only child we had at the time drove to Toronto and visited every town in Ontario that we could physically get to .

We fell in love with Ontario and spoke about it so much that friends of ours relocated and still live in Toronto.