1/3/22-1/10/22 QM2 NY to Southhampton is sailing!

Smitheroo

If I was Simon I'd put the QM2 on a lot of seven night transatlantic trips.  These are easy to schedule and the ship is designed for them.  And use France if you have to or even Nassau.  Your core passenger base loves these.  Back to back is a good add-on.  Sadly the UK is grappling with the Delta variant and their current vaccine regimen (AZ, one dose Pfizer) is not the best for Delta is seems at the moment and this may or may not be sorted by then.  The trouble with world voyages ATM is every port may have unique rules.  

7 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

I'm sure World Cruise passengers make up a large part of the passengers on the TA that leaves from NYC on 1/3/22.  Without them the voyage is probably not feasible

The 26 round trip crossing that this voyage makes up the final leg of is usually very popular so the 3rd to 10th will probably by quite full.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The 26 round trip crossing that this voyage makes up the final leg of is usually very popular so the 3rd to 10th will probably by quite full.

It didnt seem very full  in 2013 when I last sailed. But its 9 years later, with Covid changing everything, who knows?  Also, I dont have anything to compare it to as 2013 was my first TA since 1966!  

I'm seriously considering losing my $214 deposit and cancelling. There's just too much uncertainty, even if it does run.  

I have received official notice from Cunard that the QUEEN VICTORIA's 10 January 2022 crossing to Ft. Lauderdale has been cancelled. I was booked on that voyage to return back to the States after  the QM2's 3 January 2022 east bound crossing which I'm booked on. I did not receive any notice of change nor cancellation of that crossing. And it is currently listed on  Cunard's American  website leaving 3 January 2022 with all categories of rooms being available.

Now I am hoping that the QM2's following voyage is a transatlantic to either Ft. Lauderdale or NYC which I will book for my return.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just spoke to Cunard (finally) and my TA-My E’bound QM2 booking on January 3 is still on.😊 Cunard rep. said they expect the  QM2 voyages between then and April 24( currently scheduled W’bound) to be available at the end of July. According the Cunard advice-there will be QM2 voyages across the Atlantic and to the Caribbean between January and April. So there it is I guess.😉

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 2:53 PM, Smitheroo said:

It didnt seem very full  in 2013 when I last sailed

I guess it must have picked up in recent years. The 26 night christmas/new year package is one of the biggest selling for the UK agencies with options to either to stay Cunard the whole 26 nights or change to NCL or Royal ship in New York for the second leg. Hundreds make this change but many stay onboard as well. But those changing hundreds get back onboard for the return leg with the rest on Jan 3rd.

People don't drink in the bars that much there is a lot of cabin drinking going on so that does show a false impression.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 6:26 PM, Jim9310 said:

Thanks for posting Cunard's new protocols and procedures.  For US departures, January 3, 2022 is the date of embarkation for the 118 day QM2 World Cruise

This cruise has been cancelled. I was told this by a Cunard Rep just last weekend in place of the world cruise they intend to do extra Caribbean cruises.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, penlady said:

This cruise has been cancelled. I was told this by a Cunard Rep just last weekend in place of the world cruise they intend to do extra Caribbean cruises.

The QM2 2022 World Voyage as a whole has indeed been canceled. As we've been discussing here though, the voyage which is the subject of this thread (just the 7-night crossing from New York to Southampton, January 3-10, 2022) remains on the schedule as of this posting. After that crossing Cunard intends to start Caribbean (and Iberian) cruises for QM2 in place of the World Voyage.

Now of course if you've heard Cunard is canceling the Christmas cruise as well as the world voyage, then that's different. Otherwise the January 3 crossing will be needed to complete the Christmas cruise.

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

The QM2 2022 World Voyage as a whole has indeed been canceled. As we've been discussing here though, the voyage which is the subject of this thread (just the 7-night crossing from New York to Southampton, January 3-10, 2022) remains on the schedule as of this posting. After that crossing Cunard intends to start Caribbean (and Iberian) cruises for QM2 in place of the World Voyage.

Now of course if you've heard Cunard is canceling the Christmas cruise as well as the world voyage, then that's different. Otherwise the January 3 crossing will be needed to complete the Christmas cruise.

http://www.apram.pt/site/index.php/en/

look at Funchal Port Schedule for January 22

It wont make any difference if the ship wont depart in time. I mean all those reservations made had to be made way in advance to secure the place. I mean its hard to plan but as long as there is an official notice from a cruise company you should be fine 

2 hours ago, sogne said:

https://www.apram.pt/site/index.php/en/ports/wharf-reservations?page=3

ps you need to go to wharf reservations under ports 

That fills in one more piece of the puzzle for what QM2 will be doing. Adding this to @57eric's discoveries on the Tortola port schedule, I think we can now fill in three of the dates for QM2's Caribbean and Iberian schedule which will be replacing her 2022 World Voyage.

Jan 18, 2022 - Funchal, Madeira

Jan 31, 2022 - Road Town, Tortola

Apr 11, 2022 - Road Town, Tortola

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 9:53 AM, Smitheroo said:

It didnt seem very full  in 2013 when I last sailed. But its 9 years later, with Covid changing everything, who knows?  Also, I dont have anything to compare it to as 2013 was my first TA since 1966!  

I'm seriously considering losing my $214 deposit and cancelling. There's just too much uncertainty, even if it does run.  

I know the Caribbean December 2019-January 2020 segment was booked solid -- and there looked like a large crowd was already waiting to board when we debarked in Brooklyn at about 10:00 AM.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

That fills in one more piece of the puzzle for what QM2 will be doing. Adding this to @57eric's discoveries on the Tortola port schedule, I think we can now fill in three of the dates for QM2's Caribbean and Iberian schedule which will be replacing her 2022 World Voyage.

Jan 18, 2022 - Funchal, Madeira

Jan 31, 2022 - Road Town, Tortola

Apr 11, 2022 - Road Town, Tortola

Interesting, thanks.