Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

7 minutes ago, gonecroozin said:

Hi, could someone please help?

How do I contact Jack or Sam on social media?

I have received my email with the PCR link , but my husband hasn’t. 
I have tried phoning Celebrity numerous times , but I have finally  given up .

You need to use Facebook or Twitter and then direct message from those platforms. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, gonecroozin said:

Hi, could someone please help?

How do I contact Jack or Sam on social media?

I have received my email with the PCR link , but my husband hasn’t. 
I have tried phoning Celebrity numerous times , but I have finally  given up .

Does your husband have a separate email lodged with Celebrity ? My husband received his own email with link to PCR test 

9 minutes ago, kasijab said:

Does your husband have a separate email lodged with Celebrity ? My husband received his own email with link to PCR test 

Yes, he has his own account with separate email. I finally managed to speak to someone and they are going to send out email.

it would be nice to get it all booked up, one less thing to worry about!

5 minutes ago, gonecroozin said:

Yes, he has his own account with separate email. I finally managed to speak to someone and they are going to send out email.

it would be nice to get it all booked up, one less thing to worry about!

I had the same problem, both had our own email accounts registered, my husband received his email and I didn’t. Hopefully you have it sorted now, I rang Celebrity UK and they sorted mine immediately. 

2 minutes ago, sammyboots said:

I had the same problem, both had our own email accounts registered, my husband received his email and I didn’t. Hopefully you have it sorted now, I rang Celebrity UK and they sorted mine immediately. 

Yes, just been informed by my husband that he has now received his email, so just going to book our tests.

Edited by gonecroozin
Spelling
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Hi all on board!

How is...

the food

the weather

the service 

the drinks

anything!!!

Please let those of us who hope to cruise in the near future know how your cruise was/is...

Thank you!

Are we getting excited Chemmo? Lol

There’s a tad of the same here and keep looking at this website to help curtail the excitement!

I have it on good authority that everyone on the 14th of August sailing will pass their Covid tests and the weather will be exceptionally warm for our circumnavigation of the United Kingdom.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Are we getting excited Chemmo? Lol

There’s a tad of the same here and keep looking at this website to help curtail the excitement!

I have it on good authority that everyone on the 14th of August sailing will pass their Covid tests and the weather will be exceptionally warm for our circumnavigation of the United Kingdom.

Our cruise isn’t until September but I was really hoping for some feedback on speciality restaurants, bars, entertainment etc...

swjumbo, as you are on board before us the baton is in your hands...

• Haha 1

Just off Silhouette this morning and I'm still hungover!

Last night's entertainment in the Grand Foyer was the best I've ever experienced. They must have had all the live acts on board they one after the other and then all together at the end. Finished at 12, but the party continued i the Sky lounger after.

Lewis the CD was excellent and promised they would go all out to make it a night to remember.

Masks are worn when walking about but once you have a drink in hand they come off. Admittedly i forgot to put it back on when I went to the toilet.

Loads of space in the Oceanview cafe and MDR. The new outdoor furniture up at the Sunset bar is really nice and a welcome addition as they have removed the grass on each side to extend the seating.

• Like 2

We thoroughly enjoyed the last evening of our eight night cruise on board Silhouette.  As you say, the musical extravaganza held in the Grand Foyer was the most exhilarating experience. The musicians all seemed to be enjoying it as much as the guests. It was most definitely a night to remember !!

Hope you enjoyed your cruise as much we did ours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BestGuessed said:

We thoroughly enjoyed the last evening of our eight night cruise on board Silhouette.  As you say, the musical extravaganza held in the Grand Foyer was the most exhilarating experience. The musicians all seemed to be enjoying it as much as the guests. It was most definitely a night to remember !!

Hope you enjoyed your cruise as much we did ours.

6 August sailing

Check in: quick and easy under 30 minutes from arrival to bring in cabin.

Plea from the shore staff: please have all documents (set sail pass, test results and vaccination certificate) printed out not just on your phone. They have to scan each document and connection is poor at the port it is much quicker from paper.

Main dining: you can only share a table with people from your own party - very disappointed with that as sharing tables is a big part of cruising for us.

Cabin: great bed. 24 hangers real ones not those where you have fit the hangers onto rings. Bath robes new style very soft.

Sky Lounge and Spa pool - lots of rocking chairs.

Deck: chairs spaced out in pairs.

Internet: easy to set up, time will tell how fast / slow it is.

Overall: Ship clean and smart looking. Not huge changes as expected most money spent on new cabins, suite facilities.

Time now 17.45 sat on balcony waiting to sail.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, the penguins said:

6 August sailing

Plea from the shore staff: please have all documents (set sail pass, test results and vaccination certificate) printed out not just on your phone. They have to scan each document and connection is poor at the port it is much quicker from paper.

Main dining: you can only share a table with people from your own party - very disappointed with that as sharing tables is a big part of cruising for us.

Cabin: great bed. 24 hangers real ones not those where you have fit the hangers onto rings. Bath robes new style very soft.

Overall: Ship clean and smart looking. Not huge changes as expected most money spent on new cabins, suite facilities.

Enjoy. We felt it was a great cruise, enjoyed the space and Hubby enjoyed it so much we booked another cruise for next year while on board!

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

6 August sailing

Thank you for taking the time to give us an update, it is much appreciated! Have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sammyboots said:

Thank you for taking the time to give us an update, it is much appreciated! Have a wonderful cruise. 

More from first day:

Face shields accepted for those who prefer them to masks.

Air onboard is fresher now there is no recycling. Temperatures cooler than previously.

Weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow- rough

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hampshirelad said:

Are people taking Dinner jackets and long dresses

There were quite a few people in DJs and long dresses, lots of men wearing suits too. We find the Brits tend to dress up when the occasion presents. Having said that there were those men that were smart chic but no jacket. Women ranged from long dresses to evening chic (I.e most things go!).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, downsmead said:

There were quite a few people in DJs and long dresses, lots of men wearing suits too. We find the Brits tend to dress up when the occasion presents. Having said that there were those men that were smart chic but no jacket. Women ranged from long dresses to evening chic (I.e most things go!).

Cabin (balcony) update:

Shower room: only change waste bin is now a round stand alone not behind a door. Still no washing line but ladies still  have bar for leg shaving.

Room: no changes to power- 3 outlets 2 flat pins and 1 round by dressing table no USB.

Table changed from oval to squarish, still fits neatly part way under dressing table.

New curtains now without the funny "net /gauze".

ones

New chairs on balcony no foot stools - £5 to cabin steward sorted that now 2 great stools.

• Like 2