Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Update - we can now disembark individually at all ports

Hope this is the official policy now for all cruises going forward. I had 2 emails this week saying that for the 21st August cruise we couldn’t get off unless on shore excursions. 

Just seen this on Twitter, responding to someone’s query (following the announcement on board):

All fully vaccinated guests now have the opportunity to go ashore independently and take on-your-own excursions while visiting Liverpool, Glasgow, Kirkwall, and Inverness. We are working through what this means for the other UK ports.  -Jack

1 minute ago, phoenix1975 said:

Just seen this on Twitter, responding to someone’s query (following the announcement on board):

All fully vaccinated guests now have the opportunity to go ashore independently and take on-your-own excursions while visiting Liverpool, Glasgow, Kirkwall, and Inverness. We are working through what this means for the other UK ports.  -Jack

Doubt if Belfast will be included as Northern Ireland currently has the highest infection rate in the UK and is still rising due to the Delta variant arriving later there.

Excellent news. Will get to see the inlaws in Greenock now (😩). I was planning cruise excursions elsewhere as have plenty of OBC to use up but will give me something to consider in the meantime.

At least Belfast has plenty of decent sounding tours. The city is a distance from the port. However when we visited previously enjoyed the hop-on-hop off bus which travels to most places.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

Hope this is the official policy now for all cruises going forward. I had 2 emails this week saying that for the 21st August cruise we couldn’t get off unless on shore excursions. 

As recently as yesterday they were confirming that you had to take their shore excursions so if it has changed it has just changed in the last 24 hours (fingers crossed that it has).

3 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

I hope this will also be applied to Royal  Caribbean Anthem cruises - we sail next weekend - wonder would anyone know??

…. Ditto … P&O Britannia … we sail late September so hopefully it will be applied by then.

Here's a copy of the letter we got in the cabin.. I,ll have to link to my twit as trying to put images on the forum from a mobile is next to impossible.. is it still broken.https://twitter.com/HHBarn/status/1424024534097842190?s=19 Edited by ighten
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ighten said:

Here's a copy of the letter we got in the cabin.. I,ll have to link to my twit as trying to put images on the forum from a mobile is next to impossible.. is it still broken.https://twitter.com/HHBarn/status/1424024534097842190?s=19

image.thumb.jpeg.915d78a097bdac4121b9e84261130b31.jpeg

• Like 1

I am not sure if this has been asked recently ,and if it has I am sorry.

Has anyone taken a UK Dyson Airwrap on the Silhouette and does it actually work?

I would love to take mine but obviously if it doesn’t work it will be a waste of time and space.

2 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Are there any social distancing restrictions on board?  I know about than mask wearing.

Also, I’m a little confused about the amount of tests needed?

TIA 

Signs around the ship, but that is about it. 

Everyone will require a negative PCR to board. 

Seats in the theatre, chairs and tables around the ship have signs on them, stating they are not in use for social distance. But in Cafe a Bacio and the Martini bar you can sit anywhere!

Edited by Esprit

Any update from anyone currently on board about the experience of getting off independently - e.g. mask wearing, have people cancelled shore excursions in favour of going off by themselves, etc?

As seen on the FB group, the app has been updated to say that fully vaccinated guests can go ashore independently (look under Hints and tips) - certainly for the 21st August cruise as the current cruise's ports are the same (except not going to Liverpool).

Currently on board and masks are required on board while walking around inside. Can be removed when sitting in restaurant or bar. Also no need for masks on deck. 

Vacinated passengers can get off independanrly😎