No masks or social distancing on cruises!!

Shakatime

31 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Wow. You have my regards for your children. However, our mission is to try and stop children and adults from catching and spreading this Virus.  Mask wearing should still be mandated in my opinion.

Thats the kind of fearful outlook that got us in this mess. Don't live your life in fear. We'll keep going to Mexico as we have for the past year, with no restrictions, regardless of age, until the cruise lines figure out the kid thing. And the only official you should worry about removing this year is Robert Saleh. Jets suck/Yankees suck/Rangers suck---go Pats.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Adults spend more money than kids?

And parents that cant go because kids cant go spend no money. But, I do understand your point. If volume restrictions vibe with the amount of adults-only that are booking, I see how that could work for the time being....but not for too long. Especially for Carnival/Disney/etc. 

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

And parents that cant go because kids cant go spend no money. But, I do understand your point. If volume restrictions vibe with the amount of adults-only that are booking, I see how that could work for the time being....but not for too long. Especially for Carnival/Disney/etc. 

Good point!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

We’re only wearing masks because the CDC still says we have to.  Most of us are totally over it.

totally get it. Makes about as much sense as wearing a mask into a restaurant and then once you sit down you are suddenly fine and can take it off....not too much longer my friend. And thanks, for all I am sure you have done/and dealt with, over the past year.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, elcuchio24 said:

I dont disagree, but thats on THEM. The rest of us should be able to move on....

A lot of people are done with the pandemic, but unfortunately, the pandemic isn't done. We are getting closer, but not there, yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BlerkOne said:

A lot of people are done with the pandemic, but unfortunately, the pandemic isn't done. We are getting closer, but not there, yet.

time for people to take personal responsibility. I am not wasting my time and pausing my life (nor did I ever) until 100% of the population is vaccinated. Those who choose to put their energy worrying about that: good luck. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

time for people to take personal responsibility. I am not wasting my time and pausing my life (nor did I ever) until 100% of the population is vaccinated. Those who choose to put their energy worrying about that: good luck. 

Well, I think you took a pause from cruising. That was the biggest change for us. Looking back in 10-20 years we'll see.

1 hour ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

We’re only wearing masks because the CDC still says we have to.  Most of us are totally over it.

The CDC doesn't give mandates.  Its up to local authorities to determine if they want to mandate wearing masks or not.  They have no power to mandate anything with the exception of what federal law allows them to.  They just give guidance that is it.

26 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

The CDC doesn't give mandates.  Its up to local authorities to determine if they want to mandate wearing masks or not.  They have no power to mandate anything with the exception of what federal law allows them to.  They just give guidance that is it.

No healthcare agency is going to take the liability of going against CDC recommendations..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cscurlock said:

I know you are completely wrong on this one. They mandate just about everything right now. They do NOT give suggestions. If that was the case we would ahve been sailing long ago.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I know you are completely wrong on this one. They mandate just about everything right now. They do NOT give suggestions. If that was the case we would ahve been sailing long ago.

They have no power to mandate anything with the exception of what federal law allows them to.

Under the commerce clause they can make rules regarding foreign flagged vessels which is under federal law.  For the US in general they have zero power to mandate anything they can only give guidance.  So what I stated was true. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cscurlock said:

They have no power to mandate anything with the exception of what federal law allows them to.

Under the commerce clause they can make rules regarding foreign flagged vessels which is under federal law.  For the US in general they have zero power to mandate anything they can only give guidance.  So what I stated was true. 

True, but it is hard to argue with those whose minds are made up. Facts do not impress them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

True, but it is hard to argue with those whose minds are made up. Facts do not impress them.

Its very very difficult for any democracy to enforce public health rules because a lot of the time they seem to clash with the liberties people have been given by being a democracy in the first place.  The US is not alone in this the EU has the same issues.  So organization like the CDC take a lot of heat because of that. Especially since this is the first global pandemic since it was founded.  The reality is the, people who mandate the measures in the US are the states, local officials, other federal officials for federal agencies.  The exceptions are to entry into the US which is expressly laid out in the constitution and federal law for the CDC.  

Edited by cscurlock

We would be cruising if not for the cdc. Period.

I dont care if you are or arent wearing a mask at home. Looks like they mandated wearing them on unvaccinated ships. People are getting off in the weeds ... I'm interested in what will happen when I board vista this sept. 

• Like 4

No where else in the country are there protocols different for either the vaccinated or unvaccinated. So, it should be the same for cruising on the ships. It shouldn't matter. 

Each cruise line should set their policy for all their passengers however they see fit.

The CDC is wrong by issuing a different set of protocols for each group. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

No where else in the country are there protocols different for either the vaccinated or unvaccinated. So, it should be the same for cruising on the ships. It shouldn't matter. 

Each cruise line should set their policy for all their passengers however they see fit.

The CDC is wrong by issuing a different set of protocols for each group. 

The CDC is acting line a cruise ship is the same as riding in an airplane or on a bus, while it is far different.  People are free to move about on a ship and can socially distance with reduced capacity. The CDC is what has stopped cruising with their unreasonable demands.

• Like 2

No masks and full crowds at the Indy 500 yesterday, and the Coke 600 at Charlotte last night, and at the PGA golf tournament over the weekend.  You know that many of the "Good Old Boys" aren't vaccinated.  The disease is running it's course, just like the Spanish Flu in 1918 that ended without vaccines?

see:

https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

The key take away from the History article is this line:

"By the summer of 1919, the flu pandemic came to an end, as those that were infected either died or developed immunity. "

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I read a study that stated that people who had mild covid cases may have lifetime immunity.

This is a study i would highly highly doubt if i was reading it as even the actual vaccine doesnt give that.  Having had Covid I still chose the to get the shot.  Just extra protection in my personal opinion

15 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

The State is actually seeing spikes in children testing positive.

Well they are really the only ones left to get it other than the unvaccinated so is it really such a surprise that there is a spike?  Virus will spread to someone if it can.

• Like 2