Jump Ship

KevintheIrishDJ

I read that the Pacific Princess will become Azamara Onward.  Here is the link

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/azamara-sale-completed-fourth-ship-to-be-named-azamara-onward

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We wanted to sail on the Pacific Princess; however, it was sold.  So, we jumped ship and booked on a sister ship (Azamara Quest) for Dec. 23, 2021.

You did not jump ship.

Princess pushed you overboard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We wanted to sail on the Pacific Princess; however, it was sold.  So, we jumped ship and booked on a sister ship (Azamara Quest) for Dec. 23, 2021.

See ya

• Like 1

I love sailing with Princess, but small ships are not their focus so Azamara looks like a great option for anyone wanting that smaller ship experience. I’m sure you guys will enjoy your cruise on the Quest. 

Oddly, I was never interested in sailing on Pacific Princess, because it seemed too small. But I’ve recently read trip reports from people who sailed with Azamara, and it sounds absolutely wonderful. So now I’m looking at Azamara, and could eventually end up on this very same ship that didn’t appeal to me when it was part of the Princess fleet!

9 minutes ago, Mo Jito said:

I love sailing with Princess, but small ships are not their focus so Azamara looks like a great option for anyone wanting that smaller ship experience. I’m sure you guys will enjoy your cruise on the Quest. 

Oddly, I was never interested in sailing on Pacific Princess, because it seemed too small. But I’ve recently read trip reports from people who sailed with Azamara, and it sounds absolutely wonderful. So now I’m looking at Azamara, and could eventually end up on this very same ship that didn’t appeal to me when it was part of the Princess fleet!

I am elite on Princess but have sailed once on Azamara and have booked a cruise On oceania. it's time for comparison shopping. princess seems to be focused on large ships with no promenade deck. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mo Jito said:

A small ship is not for everyone.  No elaborate shows, not as much activity, etc.  The benefits are no crowds, the staff fall over themselves, intimate shows, ports that are not accessible to large ships, etc.  I was stunned on our first Pacific Princess cruise because there was no one at the pier when we arrived at noon.  We walked right on.  Also, our first shore excursion had 8 other passengers!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am always on the lookout for bargain opportunities to try new lines, often lines I would not otherwise afford.  In November 2019 we were fortunate to find a bargain on Oceania Insignia, sister ship to Pacific Princess/ Azamara.  In July we jumped on the bargain prices on Crystal in the Bahamas.  Now I am working on a super bargain on Windstar Star Breeze, 15 days Puerto Caldera Costa Rica to

Papeete, Tahiti.  No port stops.  OV suite for $1499 pp.  The lowest two categories were booked up.  EM

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I am always on the lookout for bargain opportunities to try new lines, often lines I would not otherwise afford.  In November 2019 we were fortunate to find a bargain on Oceania Insignia, sister ship to Pacific Princess/ Azamara.  In July we jumped on the bargain prices on Crystal in the Bahamas.  Now I am working on a super bargain on Windstar Star Breeze, 15 days Puerto Caldera Costa Rica to

Papeete, Tahiti.  No port stops.  OV suite for $1499 pp.  The lowest two categories were booked up.  EM

Please email me with some of your "tricks".  kevintheirishdj@msn.com 

I have been on two Azamara cruises.  We love them.   It had some flaws like any cruise, but over all very nice.  The cruise director (Tony Markel) was very nice and out and about the ship all the time as so were the officers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Is Azamara & Oceania priced about the same???

4 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Please email me with some of your "tricks".  kevintheirishdj@msn.com 

I really don’t have any tricks.  The Windstar one is in one of the weekly deals from Cruise Critic that appear in my emails, though I don’t recall subscribing to them.  They are Ocean Crossings, the ‘Getting Ship Shape to Cruise sale.  The Ocean Crossings are all 15 days straight without port calls.  One was Lisbon to Barbados, I think another Lisbon to St Maarten.  But they were around thanksgiving.  Mine leaves Sept 4.  I don’t remember where I got the Oceania one or the Crystal.  I get lots of emails from lines I don’t usually sail.  EM

1 hour ago, Ronnieslady said:

Is Azamara & Oceania priced about the same???

Azamara is often a little bit higher, category to category than Oceania, but on AZ drinks and gratuities are included and they are not on Oceania.

20 hours ago, caribill said:

You did not jump ship.

Princess pushed you overboard.

Hi Caribill,

In the old days we never pushed anyone overboard. This is how we did it. 😁 

See Photo

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

B97EC4E5-88CE-420E-8E24-0CA973362FEE.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 3

On 5/30/2021 at 4:14 PM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I think this is what 'escaped completely' means!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1