Looks like Carnival is making MOVES on its page

Oldsweets

We checked our Carnival Page with our 4 July Booking and see 2 new icons listed which could be very good news for sailing.  The first is a icon that says 

exclamation-gray.ashx
Complete Health Assessment Not a available until 27 Jun

while the second icon is Check in which now says not available until 4 Jun

These changes bode well for actually sailing on 4 July.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Oldsweets said:

We checked our Carnival Page with our 4 July Booking and see 2 new icons listed which could be very good news for sailing.  The first is a icon that says 

exclamation-gray.ashx

Our August B2B out of New Orleans has the same info. But I’m still cautious in thinking we will sail.

13 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Our August B2B out of New Orleans has the same info. But I’m still cautious in thinking we will sail.

I think there is a good chance. New Orleans has been reopening. Bars don't have to close early.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/orleans-dropping-covid-19-restrictions-bars-restaurants/story?id=77939058

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

It looks like you will be able to check in soon!  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes and if you are assigned an appointment time or can choose one.

Oldsweets, I want to echo what TNcruising  says. As it appears you will be the first to go through the check in & Health Assessment, you are on point. Please let us know how it goes & how detailed(without getting into personal specifics, of course) the health questionnaire is. We are concerned if a covid test is mandatory, I believe that will cause use to have to jump through hoops, which may be problematic. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Oldsweets said:

exclamation-gray.ashx

Looks like your on for your sailing. Please like the others ask can you update us as to the Health questions and how were you assigned a boarding time or did you choose? Also interested if your a platinum or diamond VFIP did you have priority on your boarding pass or luggage tags?  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Oldsweets, I want to echo what TNcruising  says. As it appears you will be the first to go through the check in & Health Assessment, you are on point. Please let us know how it goes & how detailed(without getting into personal specifics, of course) the health questionnaire is. We are concerned if a covid test is mandatory, I believe that will cause use to have to jump through hoops, which may be problematic. Thanks in advance!

I think someone posted the Health Questionnaire on another (or maybe this) thread.

(EDIT: found it), posted Thursday by 40yearcruiser...

image.thumb.png.96e9ebdb161270b8228c391bf240d384.png

Edited by IntrepidFromDC

23 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I think someone posted the Health Questionnaire on another (or maybe this) thread.

(EDIT: found it), posted Thursday by 40yearcruiser...

image.thumb.png.96e9ebdb161270b8228c391bf240d384.png

Well done Intrepid. Thank you . Yes, I saw that earlier in the day. And thank you 40yr. Most helpful! But....but....but...As quickly as things are changing....IE: rules, mandates, recommendations, advisories, regulations...which seems to be changing multiple times per day, that I'd just throw that out....just in case it changes in the next 3 days. We are all highly interested what we all may expect in the first sailings in well over a year. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Well done Intrepid. Thank you . Yes, I saw that earlier in the day. And thank you 40yr. Most helpful! But....but....but...As quickly as things are changing....IE: rules, mandates, recommendations, advisories, regulations...which seems to be changing multiple times per day, that I'd just throw that out....just in case it changes in the next 3 days. We are all highly interested what we all may expect in the first sailings in well over a year. 

online check in is available 1 month prior to sailing. The health assessment is just days before, 7 days i think.  Yes the questions could very well change 3 almost 4 weeks from now

Looks like our online check in will be available, after midnight, tonight. No sign of any Priority on our documents. We are Diamonds; that does show with our VIFP numbers, on the documents. Still doesn’t mean the cruise will sail.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stellarose said:

wonder what Gov Ron says about the vaccine exemptions for cruises.

Lol doesn’t matter what depumpernickel thinks/says. Cruise lines are gonna do what’s in their best interests to start and worry about the state of Florida when it has time to do so. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It appears the parties are in serious negotiations to try and settle. Which makes me wonder...if Florida does not have standing to sue the CDC (as some have claimed), then why would the Judge send them to mediation (rather than just throwing the case out), and why would the parties be working so hard to negotiate?

"Settlement discussions went for at least 11 hours on Thursday, before the Memorial Day weekend. And the discussions were scheduled to continue Tuesday, according to court documents."

https://www.floridaphoenix.com/2021/06/01/gov-ron-desantis-heated-battle-over-cruise-line-industry-lawyers-working-to-settle/

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

It appears the parties are in serious negotiations to try and settle. Which makes me wonder...if Florida does not have standing to sue the CDC (as some have claimed), then why would the Judge send them to mediation (rather than just throwing the case out), and why would the parties be working so hard to negotiate?

"Settlement discussions went for at least 11 hours on Thursday, before the Memorial Day weekend. And the discussions were scheduled to continue Tuesday, according to court documents."

https://www.floridaphoenix.com/2021/06/01/gov-ron-desantis-heated-battle-over-cruise-line-industry-lawyers-working-to-settle/

That is not a news story that is a very biased opinion piece. The Governor's office has already debunked the story in Forbes as fake news. 

My cruise in October has moved check in to 15 days before, and health questions to ten days before sailing. The print documents button is missing, so I can't see all onboard credit. Systems problem perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

I wonder what the arbitration outcome was

It was not arbitration; it is mediation. Arbitrators comes to a binding decision. (It can be appealed, but courts do not like to overturn arbitration decisions as the reason for arbitration it to not tie up the courts.) Mediators attempt to get the parties involved to agree to an outcome.

48 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

If Florida had a real case, why didn't the judge issue an injunction?

42 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

That is not a news story that is a very biased opinion piece. The Governor's office has already debunked the story in Forbes as fake news. 

When someone uses the "fake news" line, I take that with a grain of salt - and then look for reliable evidence from other sources.

Tom

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Our Vista, July 3rd, now changed to check in 2 weeks prior and health questionnaire 1 week prior. No document button. 

Same here. No 'print document' button. It was there yesterday when I checked. It's gone now. Now I wish I would have printed the documents. Oh well, it looks like our Aug. 21 sailing on the Vista is still a go.  🤞

14 hours ago, Joe817 said:

We are platinum so I think they might assign early times to  the P & Ds. Then have a slight delay to get all on board then board everyone else. Also I think there will be no early boarding, you arrive at your assigned time, no earlier.

26 minutes ago, skrufy said:

... Also I think there will be no early boarding, you arrive at your assigned time, no earlier.

That's going to be the strange thing - paying attention to the "assigned" times. Which I think most people ignored in the past. I sure hope it's going to be (some measurable reduction) in ship capacity/occupancy - otherwise embarkation will be a multi-hour cluster!

Tom

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's going to be the strange thing - paying attention to the "assigned" times. Which I think most people ignored in the past.

Tom

Yes, it will be one of those have to see to believe it things.