ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING THROUGH TO SHAREHOLDERS VIA FAX?

Beave8920

I've been trying for three days to submit my shareholder info via the fax number (305.406.6102) but can't get through.  I'm assuming they haven't changed the fax number, but the recorded voice on the other end says the call can't go through.  Anyone else having this problem?

I don't like sending this info via email (as they don't recommend), but maybe I'll have to mail.

9 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Forgot to mention - I redact all account numbers and other things they don't need to see.

I mailed mine 2-3weeks ago. Called yesterday, was told it takes time by mail. Said to check back if no confirmation by the end of June. The story for me was it takes them a month and a half to open mail, and get it to the right person. 

I just submitted my redacted statement via email (this is my first stock OBC request) - I am sailing in Nov 2021 and June 2022

I am guessing that there is no restriction on how early you can request the OBC

I am also guessing that once the OBC is posted, Carnival does not revalidate stock ownership prior to sailing 

9 hours ago, Beave8920 said:

OK, thanks for the suggestions.  I've always faxed before and never had a problem.  Maybe I'll try the email....

Call the land line and ask them what's up with the fax machine. Maybe they don't know. t was a long weekend.

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Call the land line and ask them what's up with the fax machine. Maybe they don't know. t was a long weekend.

Maybe the fax machine ran out of paper? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bowman1 said:

I just submitted my redacted statement via email (this is my first stock OBC request) - I am sailing in Nov 2021 and June 2022

I am guessing that there is no restriction on how early you can request the OBC

I am also guessing that once the OBC is posted, Carnival does not revalidate stock ownership prior to sailing 

They usually require the information be sent no earlier than 30 days prior to sailing, so don't be surprised if you have to send it again.  Normally has to be current information.

Just an udate......

I tried phoning the admin office and got no response.  So I emailed the GuestAdmin and got a email response.  They stated their phone system had been down for several days....but that as of 8:30 this morning it was apparently working.

So I tried again and it went through.....so it's working should anyone need to fax their stockholder info.

On 6/2/2021 at 6:34 PM, Shakatime said:

Lol a fax??? What is that?

It's what individuals that were taught by a live teacher growing up use instead of those who were taught by a computer. The same people that drank water from a hose, were disciplined by neighbors and played outside in the summer till it was dark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 12:03 PM, Beave8920 said:

I've been trying for three days to submit my shareholder info via the fax number (305.406.6102) but can't get through.  I'm assuming they haven't changed the fax number, but the recorded voice on the other end says the call can't go through.  Anyone else having this problem?

I don't like sending this info via email (as they don't recommend), but maybe I'll have to mail.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, Beave8920 said:

Just an udate......

I tried phoning the admin office and got no response.  So I emailed the GuestAdmin and got a email response.  They stated their phone system had been down for several days....but that as of 8:30 this morning it was apparently working.

So I tried again and it went through.....so it's working should anyone need to fax their stockholder info.

My fax response sheet came back "no answer"

On 6/3/2021 at 7:38 AM, balcony bound said:

They usually require the information be sent no earlier than 30 days prior to sailing, so don't be surprised if you have to send it again.  Normally has to be current information.

It can be sent anytime.  I have never waited to be within 30 days.  

3 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

A few months ago John Heald said to email the requests and not to fax.

That's funny he would say that as per their shareholder request form they recommend you don't send via email.

Quote: If you chose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication

On 6/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, skrufy said:

I mailed mine 2-3weeks ago. Called yesterday, was told it takes time by mail. Said to check back if no confirmation by the end of June. The story for me was it takes them a month and a half to open mail, and get it to the right person. 

Sat down last Tuesday and put together paper work for our OBC again. This time I e- mailed it. Got approval on Thursday. Learned a lesson, do not mail.