Forward facing balcony- Enchanted Princess

chisoxfan

Okay, not sure where to begin.  We had written off Princess after a poor Panama Canal Cruise in 2019. Most disheartening was what we considered a disheartening

response from Princess 'management'. Cut to the future (today).... we had booked a HAL Veranda for a 28 day cruise July 2022 Copenhagen to Boston.

Were pretty excited about this cruise  but did feel the tariff was high. Fooling around on the internet today we saw a very similar August 22 cruise (26 day Copenhagen-New York) on the Enchanted Princess. A high front facing balcony was 6k less than the HAL veranda (a high level standard balcony). HAL offered drinks, internet and around 400 in dining and excursion credits where Princess had drinks, wi-fi. internet and 100  OBC. With the newer Princess ship this was a no brainer for us. I guess I am 'embarrassed' to be 'bought' so cheaply but the net difference pays for another 'luxury' one week cruise. Also know the cruise experience can change remarkably between, ships and itineraries.

Bottom line... I have been in Sanctuary and know it will be windy upfront but can somebody comment who has stayed in one of these cabins. I had booked one (then cancelled)  on the Regal before falling out with Princess as I found the front facing veranda 'intriguing'. 

Hoping we will be singing the praises of Princess again.

Thanks for any responses.

Try a Google search (the search on CC is almost non-functional) for some of the posts/comments about forward balconies.

Most say: yes, it's windy especially when moving fast, however, the view can't be beat (altho' you do have to sand to see forward due to the metal railing.

Haven't been forward facing yet, but will in April '22. I'll try to remember to post my comments.

The Enchanted is brand spanking new and hasn’t sailed with pax yet, BUT we have sailed on the sister ships in the forward facing balconies and love them. I can’t say for sure the Enchanted ones will be the same, but I’ll share our experience. They’re partially covered and partially uncovered, very deep, and have gorgeous views. The potential downsides are the wind, the motion forward feels the most, the balcony is steel, and the distance you have to walk to everything onboard. If you’re ok with those, they’re a great spot! Personally, I don’t know if I’d go with one of those for a transatlantic because of the higher potential for rough seas, and I get seasick. If you don’t, it’d be a non-issue. 

We sailed in these forward deluxe balconies many times and prefer Lido deck because it’s so close to everything.  Yes, the balcony is huge and the view is awesome.  Yes, it does get windy and sometimes it can be rocky.  However, we’re not bothered by motion or the wind.  Some will tell you that the balcony door is locked when at sea, but this is simply not true.  Now, for a TA cruise, you may not get as much use of the balcony because of the potential rocky seas and high winds present even more than usual.  I personally would choose a cabin on the side, either port or starboard, for a TA cruise, as you can be out there most of the time.  They are really great cabins, so if you have no issues with the motion of the ocean, then go for it!

If you are in M107/108 or L107/108 these are club class mini suites. You should really enjoy the cabin, large balcony and the club class dining. If you are in one of the other deluxe or standard balcony cabins then the interiors will be the same as other cabins in the same categories. Standard balcony cabins have only one interior desk chair. Deluxe balconies have a two seat sofa. The balcony itself will be windy when the ship is in motion. The railing is steel and you have to stand to see over it. Good views in the Baltic where views exists. Crossing the Atlantic it's cool, not really balcony weather. 

Thank you everyone for the valued replies from posters who had been in these cabins. Love the deep balcony view and price. We have had good luck in forward, high cabins as relates to motion/ sea sickness. Understand there may be days where we don't want to sit out (or can't) on the balcony but our feeling that on this (Northern Europe/transatlantic cruise) we won't be looking to laze on balcony during sea days. More enjoying entering and leaving ports.

• Like 2

We have been in L103 on the Regal. The only downside for us was the ability to relax in the deck chairs and see the view. So, you would need to stand at the rail to see out. I have heard that some people bring "bed risers" to put under the deck chair legs so they are tall enough to see out. This probably would not help me as I am on the shorter side.