Marina Penthouse Suites

Rebels82

Under no circumstances book one under Waves. Starboard under the Terrace is always iffy. Under Waves is the pits! People, unable to sleep, up at 5:00 dragging chairs around!

I recommend PH2 on Deck 10. I hate the Deck 11 overhangs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mexicobob said:

Am also planning a Marina Penthouse Suite. Would greatly appreciate input from any and all who have sailed on her. Thanks.

Anything specific  you want to know??

that would help narrow down the answers  😉

I second the PH suites on Deck 7 (there are only four).  The aft wraps are great with the huge veranda, though the interior is slightly narrower than the adjacent ones.  But those with the larger (wider) interior lose out on the size of the veranda.

If you spend a lot of time on the veranda, get the aft wrap; on the other Hand if  

outside space is not an issue, take the one with the wider interior.  But, bottom line is, BOTH ARE AWESOME!  (Personally, I prefer the aft-wrap!)

Donna

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

I second the PH suites on Deck 7 (there are only four).  The aft wraps are great with the huge veranda, though the interior is slightly narrower than the adjacent ones.  But those with the larger (wider) interior lose out on the size of the veranda.

If you spend a lot of time on the veranda, get the aft wrap; on the other Hand if  

outside space is not an issue, take the one with the wider interior.  But, bottom line is, BOTH ARE AWESOME!  (Personally, I prefer the aft-wrap!)

Donna

Is this a true aft-wrap with nothing between you and the edge of the ship? Could not tell by looking at the diagram on Oceania. Thank you for your information.

1 hour ago, mexicobob said:

Is this a true aft-wrap with nothing between you and the edge of the ship? Could not tell by looking at the diagram on Oceania. Thank you for your information.

Oceania Marina & Riviera cabins 7130 & 7135.jpg

No obstacles in your way, just the sea, that glorious sea!

The last time we were in the aft PH on Marina, there were two chairs and table as well as two loungers.  All quite comfortable, I might add.

As I noted above, if you want more inside space and less deck area, go for 7128.  We have stayed in both and quite frankly, we prefer the aft since we are 'outside' people.

Donna

Edited by GeorgesGal
added text

I have a follow-up question...wasn’t sure if I should start a new topic or not. I am looking at Marina PH as well for the Baltic cruise aug2022...available options on deck 10 are :10026, 10028 ( both near stairs-noise?), 10008 and 10002 ( not sure the pros/cons of being under the bridge) and 10012. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks to you, I’m avoiding deck 11!
There is also the possibility of totally splurging on vista 8003 or Oceania suite 12014, but not sure the king bed and hot tub are worth it if the locations of those particular offerings are not great...particularly Oceania one as it is next to culinary center and under the spa. Again, any comments are welcome. Thank you.

@Carlafrank I went through a similar process in choosing a cabin on Riviera [same deck plans].  Here are my thoughts on your options:

•  10026 – this is your best choice; it is not opposite the stair or elevator entrance so you won't get that much noise

•  10028 – this is at the stair entrance so will be noisier [we ended up booking this cabin, as our other choices were worse – haven't sailed yet to know if it was a mistake...] – but not as bad as 10030 right at the elevator entrance with people waiting and getting off mid-conversation

•  10008 – too far forward

•  10002 – even further forward

•  8003 – too far forward, although a very nice suite!

•  12014 – this would be my splurge choice, if you can find out how noisy the Sanctuary will be over your heads [if you are early risers, less of an issue]

I can share, we had one of the Oceania suites next to the Artists Loft on Riviera and it was perfect. We had no issues with any noise from the Spa. Besides the Spa won’t be open that early. Being bye the Culinary Center should not be an issue either because it is only open on sea days or late afternoons. Grab the O Suite, especially if traveling with friends because we had some great get togethers with our friends and our Butler took care if everything. The Hot Tub was welcome on those long tour days. 

Sitting here watching Hawaii 5 O rerun so forgive me, “Bookem Dano”.

Gerry and Bonnie 

• Like 3

Plus 1 to Mauibabes.  I had the Oceania Suite right next to the Culinary Centre.  Never heard a thing from there or above.  Best value and better value than the Vista Suite IMO.  Go for it.

I've also been in the Oceania Suite at the back 11080.  It is a bit smaller and second bath is a 2pc instead of 3 pc but I love the wake view.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

In addition to the answers you get here for Marina, here are three threads about Penthouse cabins on Riviera:

Thank you for the the links to the threads. Very informative.

54 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Thank you for the great information. You are really good.

Can't claim this one – I found it when I was searching for cabin ideas and saved it to my deck plans folder.  But glad it was helpful.  Those 2 cabins are really amazing!

17 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@Carlafrank I went through a similar process in choosing a cabin on Riviera [same deck plans].  Here are my thoughts on your options:

•  10026 – this is your best choice; it is not opposite the stair or elevator entrance so you won't get that much noise

•  10028 – this is at the stair entrance so will be noisier [we ended up booking this cabin, as our other choices were worse – haven't sailed yet to know if it was a mistake...] – but not as bad as 10030 right at the elevator entrance with people waiting and getting off mid-conversation

•  10008 – too far forward

•  10002 – even further forward

•  8003 – too far forward, although a very nice suite!

•  12014 – this would be my splurge choice, if you can find out how noisy the Sanctuary will be over your heads [if you are early risers, less of an issue]

Have there been many reports of noise in the rooms close to the elevators or stairwells? Admittedly it's been a while since I've cruised but I'm pretty sure I've been in rooms close to the elevators or stairs and never really noticed an issue. The biggest noise issue we've encountered was on deck nine, just a couple of doors down from the Concierge lounge on either Riviera or Marina. But those are not PH's, and is probably off topic for this thread. The issue there was more being close to a crew entrance/work area than the lounge, except for when you'd get talkers in the hall coming or going to the lounge. The issue with the crew was they started real early. 

• Like 1

We have been right by the stairs or the elevator on Riviera or Marina on our last four cruises, and we have had no issues regarding noise from those locations. (It actually has been very convenient because I am so temperature sensitive that I frequently dash back to our cabin from either the Grand Dining Room or one of the wonderful specialties to grab a sweater or shawl or change my blouse.)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, GeorgesGal said:

No obstacles in your way, just the sea, that glorious sea!

The last time we were in the aft PH on Marina, there were two chairs and table as well as two loungers.  All quite comfortable, I might add.

As I noted above, if you want more inside space and less deck area, go for 7128.  We have stayed in both and quite frankly, we prefer the aft since we are 'outside' people.

Donna

Is the deck in 7128 still wider than the deck in the adjacent concierge rooms and in the other decks' PH suites?

It's wider, the full width of the stateroom.  However it is not any deeper than the adjacent concierge.  The aft PH has the same depth as the adjacent one on the side of the ship.  The added depth is at the aft facing portion of the veranda.

1 hour ago, KatieBelle said:

When I see these inquiries it brings back memories of Stan (StanandJim).  He would have us all informed with photos, deck plans and memes.  I do miss his posts.

Yes Jim had all the photos  LOL

I am sure if you search the forum  you will find his photos

2 hours ago, DoulaAnn said:

Is the deck in 7128 still wider than the deck in the adjacent concierge rooms and in the other decks' PH suites?

The adjacent is not a Concierge  but  a B3 cabin   & the other side is  a coveted PH 

The decks of the B 3's are deeper  (door to railing)