NCL-Amex Offer

joepeka

I didn't see this mentioned yet but I noticed an offer on one of our Amex cards today where if you spend a minimum of $500 on an NCL cruise fare, you get 12,500 Membership Rewards points bonus. I am guessing that there is also a companion offer that gives a statement credit back (e.g. spend $500, get a $125 statement credit) but that isn't on any of our cards - just the bonus MR points.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I didn't see this mentioned yet but I noticed an offer on one of our Amex cards today where if you spend a minimum of $500 on an NCL cruise fare, you get 12,500 Membership Rewards points bonus. I am guessing that there is also a companion offer that gives a statement credit back (e.g. spend $500, get a $125 statement credit) but that isn't on any of our cards - just the bonus MR points.

Thx! Gonna check all my Cards

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, we have many similar Amex offers, including many travel ones. Never had an NCL one though.

I guess it is individual.  I've gotten many NCL ones, have used it 2 or 3 times on the same card.  But I don't get many offers that others get.

With all the cancelations in the past year, many of the offers were forfeited.  Hopefully, we can all get back in the game!

6 minutes ago, mpk said:

I guess it is individual.  I've gotten many NCL ones, have used it 2 or 3 times on the same card.  But I don't get many offers that others get.

With all the cancelations in the past year, many of the offers were forfeited.  Hopefully, we can all get back in the game!

Yes, Amex offers do differ between people/cards, but I've never heard of anyone in the UK seeing one.

Where are you based?

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, Amex offers do differ between people/cards, but I've never heard of anyone in the UK seeing one.

Where are you based?

Apologies, I didn't notice your location in the UK.   I am in the States

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mpk said:

It's all based on your card spend patterns.  Over the years I've seen a few offers on Carnival Corporation (all lines under Carnival), a couple on Celebrity and of course NCL today.  I've always paid some, if not the entirety, of my cruises' costs with my AMEX card.

Also, if you booked with AMEX Platinum card.  Have your TA check if the booked rate can qualify for the extra OBC offered via AMEX Platinum Cruise Privilege Program.  TAs can get that OBC for Platinum cardholders through AMEX's Agency Service Desk.

2 hours ago, buchman67 said:

I will make a payment soon on upcoming cruise so this saved me a few extra $$

I have a booking on which final payment is due later in August, and I'll also pay at least the $500 in time for this.

2 hours ago, Selion said:

It's all based on your card spend patterns.  Over the years I've seen a few offers on Carnival Corporation (all lines under Carnival), a couple on Celebrity and of course NCL today.  I've always paid some, if not the entirety, of my cruises' costs with my AMEX card.

Also, if you booked with AMEX Platinum card.  Have your TA check if the booked rate can qualify for the extra OBC offered via AMEX Platinum Cruise Privilege Program.  TAs can get that OBC for Platinum cardholders through AMEX's Agency Service Desk.

Quite true:

"CPP bookings with Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International, eligible Card Members receive an onboard credit (in USD) of: $100 for inside and outside staterooms, $200 for balcony, verandah, and mini-suite staterooms, and/or $300 for suites."

4 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Are these NCL branded amex cards?

No.  The offer is on all sorts of nonbranded cards.  We got our on our AMEX Everyday Preferred.

COme to think of it, is there even such a thing as an NCL branded AMEX card?

2 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

No.  The offer is on all sorts of nonbranded cards.  We got our on our AMEX Everyday Preferred.

COme to think of it, is there even such a thing as an NCL branded AMEX card?

It looks like it's an NCL MasterCard.  I really don't pay much attention to this stuff.

WorldPoints Rewards Credit Card | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

8 hours ago, lux4me said:

On AMEX Platinum spend $500, get a $125 statement credit showed up today.

7 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Also on Blue Cash. Not on Delta Skymiles.

The Delta Air Lines Skymiles PLATINUM Card  is NOT the same as the AMEXCO Platinum Card

The Delta Air Lines Skymiles RESERVE Card would be the equivalent to that AMEXCO Card 

There is whole slugfest of branded AMEXCO cards  - read and reread the fine print

for what each covers.

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The Delta Air Lines Skymiles PLATINUM Card  is NOT the same as the AMEXCO Platinum Card

The Delta Air Lines Skymiles RESERVE Card would be the equivalent to that AMEXCO Card 

There is whole slugfest of branded AMEXCO cards  - read and reread the fine print

for what each covers.

I don't have a Platinum Skymiles card, anyway. I wasn't talking about Platinum offers or benefits.