LIVE Virtuosa 05/06/21 the first 7 night sailing.

kernow

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Yes we left Liverpool at 7 with a big firework show. They made a big thing of thanking Liverpool for having us.🤣

Just having dinner with a beautiful view.

received_926636361245052.jpeg

Beautiful view. If you get the chance, could you please say hello to the cruise director, Gene Young from Mary Ann and Tom Beckham.  Have known him for a long time.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kernow said:

I was worried about giving up a balcony too but having experienced YC I'd do it again in a heartbeat for this type of cruise (maybe not in the Caribbean but would consider paying for a YC balcony now).

I wouldn't worry about it being too posh, it's not at all stuffy and the staff are lovely and friendly. At the moment most of the other passengers have done the upgrade too!

I agree entirely. Having experienced 3 cruises, totalling 33 nights in Yacht Club, we have never experienced or considered it to be stuffy at any level. Just populated by normal folks, enjoying a premium plus (but not ultimate luxury) experience.

I heartily recommend it, even in the inside cabin, as you have full access to this amazing enclave.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Beautiful view. If you get the chance, could you please say hello to the cruise director, Gene Young from Mary Ann and Tom Beckham.  Have known him for a long time.  

We haven't actually spoken to him yet but will look out for him.

I like his style, a bit different from most CDs, very American but toned down a bit for us Brits 😄

6 minutes ago, kernow said:

Mark was just reading our morning newspaper and spotted that we've made the news 😅

20210610_081015.jpg

It seems quite ridiculous to prevent you from docking, considering the protocols in place. On Saturday we took the ferry from Belfast to Stranraer, no tests required and proceeded to drive freely through Scotland to England. 

21 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks a lot for that information.  Does that mean if you are only on for 5 nights you would have to pay the same, or is that the cheapest package coverage for the length of your cruise (7 nights), with access for perhaps more devices costing more.

We are only on the ship for 5 nights.

Also, is there  much difference in price if pre buy?

I originally paid £28 for 4 nights so imagine 5n would be under £40. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, harrinp1 said:

Yes been trying for last hour

it appears to be down for everyone including if you ring 119 they also cannot submit

however if you go back to the start and select your submitting your test for your job it allows you to submit and you get the usual email.

this worked an hour ago after a mass panic of what the hell would I do for Saturday.

can’t imagine the government can sort IT issues out overnight 

1 hour ago, zjc said:

it appears to be down for everyone including if you ring 119 they also cannot submit

however if you go back to the start and select your submitting your test for your job it allows you to submit and you get the usual email.

this worked an hour ago after a mass panic of what the hell would I do for Saturday.

can’t imagine the government can sort IT issues out overnight 

Thanks, that worked.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kernow said:

Mark was just reading our morning newspaper and spotted that we've made the news 😅

20210610_081015.jpg

Do you still get this from Yacht Club, and delivered to your door each morning? We considered it a lovely touch, and really appreciated this particularly whilst in the Caribbean.

7 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Do you still get this from Yacht Club, and delivered to your door each morning? We considered it a lovely touch, and really appreciated this particularly whilst in the Caribbean.

Headline writers are useless, English cruise ship!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tring said:

MSC are not English.

Yes, we laughed about this, Antonio is onboard and we said he won't be happy.

Yes, we get the paper every morning, a very nice touch.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

How many theatre production shows have there been for this 7N cruise please?

We had 4 for our 4N May 20th but unsure if they do more than that on the 7N

Exactly the same as the 4 night (sitting with a lady who was on the first one right now). Weirdly last night was Elegant and there was no show, apart from Ricky Jay in the theatre (everyone agrees with you that he is not very good). Tonight is Big Apple. 

11 minutes ago, kernow said:

Exactly the same as the 4 night (sitting with a lady who was on the first one right now). Weirdly last night was Elegant and there was no show, apart from Ricky Jay in the theatre (everyone agrees with you that he is not very good). Tonight is Big Apple. 

All the marketing says cirque du solei is on board but doesn’t look like it is. 

3 minutes ago, wirral36 said:

All the marketing says cirque du solei is on board but doesn’t look like it is. 

No, they have gone bust! The Carousel lounge was designed for them but now houses Soul Sisters and Ricky Jay.