Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

To answer the OP, my cruise is out of Barcelona in Aug. I will need to wait and find out what RCLs protocols are before i decide. I have yet to see anything specific to my cruise on testing, vaccinations and restrictions/masks.

Untill this is provided i will wait and not make assumptions.

All this bickering may well be for naught but it's Cruise Critic so it's par for the course. We're riding the fence on this poll. Our next cruise isn't until November so we'll wait and see what the protocols will be. We're both vaxxed so it's more about quality of life onboard. Maybe the moderators can do us all a favor in pin the protocols when Royal releases them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

It is illegal to require anyone to get an experimental drug. You can start by researching the Nuremburg Code & then try various government laws. Then start researching various laws against HIPPA & Disability Acts. The Chinese Virus vaccines are still experimental & schools can require them but they will loose when challenged.

No one is requiring anyone to cruise, go to a certain school, have a particular job. I’m so tired of that argument. That and people using loose when they should use lose.  

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Someone's decision to not get the flu vaccine didn't turn my cruise from a carefree experience to a masked, socially distant experience

Or cut my cruise short and/or make me quarantine in my stateroom if I’m not sick. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Way outdated article. The position of the EEOC was clarified in May and employers and universities are already mandating vaccines. I said in my earlier post that challenges were likely. But that DOES NOT mean that EUA vaccine mandates are currently illegal.  What will the complainers say when full authorization is given by the Fall and the EUA “excuse” goes away?  Lol!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Way outdated article. The position of the EEOC was clarified in May and employers and universities are already mandating vaccines. I said in my earlier post that challenges were likely. But that DOES NOT mean that EUA vaccine mandates are currently illegal.  What will the complainers say when full authorization is given by the Fall and the EUA “excuse” goes away?  Lol!

Oh yeah....waaay outdated.  Feb 23, 2021.  Those of us who believe that this "vaccine" is extremely dangerous will not care whether the FDA grants full authority or not.  It will not change our minds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Oh yeah....waaay outdated.  Feb 23, 2021.  Those of us who believe that this "vaccine" is extremely dangerous will not care whether the FDA grants full authority or not.  It will not change our minds.

Oh no kidding!  What is the saying? “Ignorance is bliss”?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 2:40 PM, Kalousdi said:

I am vaccinated and more than comfortable going on a ship that has unvaccinated people on it.

And that is truly the point, aren't we all comfortable going around in public right now with unvaccinated?  It's the same in every location, why is it different on a ship.  If our cruise is cut short because somebody got sick because they were too uncivic minded or silly to get protected, I will just enjoy the ride back and another FCC.  Mox nix.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Middleager said:

I would only cruise on cruiselines that require 100% vaccination.  If RCL changes the requirement (about requiring 100%), I won't cruise RCL.
Cruiselines have a choice, cruisers also have choices.

No cruises for you, there are either 95% or who the heck cares options. There is no 100% option.  I mean unless they are going to start making kids not allowed to cruise.  I might like that.... reduced FlowRider lines.  I am on your side.... let’s make it happen!!!  🤣

• Like 2

I wonder how many people who currently are opposed to MRNA technology in the covid vaccine will maintain that feeling if the same technology is used to fight cancer and that is the best course of action recommended by medical professionals for the treatment of themself or a loved one. “Nah.  Too new.  That technology is only 50 years old.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

And that is truly the point, aren't we all comfortable going around in public right now with unvaccinated?  It's the same in every location, why is it different on a ship.  If our cruise is cut short because somebody got sick because they were too uncivic minded or silly to get protected, I will just enjoy the ride back and another FCC.  Mox nix.

But, haven’t you also posted on multiple

occasions that you absolute will not wear a mask onboard?

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

No cruises for you, there are either 95% or who the heck cares options. There is no 100% option.  I mean unless they are going to start making kids not allowed to cruise.  I might like that.... reduced FlowRider lines.  I am on your side.... let’s make it happen!!!  🤣

NCL requires 100%.  I have a choice.  Not going on RCL cruises.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, cindivan said:

I wonder how many people who currently are opposed to MRNA technology in the covid vaccine will maintain that feeling if the same technology is used to fight cancer and that is the best course of action recommended by medical professionals for the treatment of themself or a loved one. “Nah.  Too new.  That technology is only 50 years old.”

That is already a reality.  How many drugs advertised on TV with umpteen adverse reactions that have to be mentioned do millions who need them to survive a myriad of diseases already take on a daily basis, I take 3 of them!  None of them complain about these adverse reactions because they need them.  And yet people complain about Covid vax because a handful of people have adverse reactions or ended up with Covid after vaxxing.  Which by the way can be explained by several scenarios.  Heck, my sister n law is poisoning herself weekly by chemo therapy for her uterine cancer.  What's her alternative?  That's life in 2021.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Middleager said:

I would only cruise on cruiselines that require 100% vaccination.  If RCL changes the requirement (about requiring 100%), I won't cruise RCL.

What if no cruise line ends up requiring that?

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hotels have elevators too, should they be only for vaccinated people?  How about office buildings and elevators?  

I don’t know about you, I am only in close proximity when I attend a show in the theatre.  I don’t ever lay out by the pool, but even there according to the CDC you would be considered outdoors, not in a confined space.

So many false or misleading statements for such a short post.

Why are you talking about office buildings when this post was about cruise ships?  However, high rise buildings have larger elevators, that aren't nearly as busy as ships and many have capacity limits currently.  I wasn't mixing indoor and outdoor proximity examples like pools of where you can social distance, as my references were all limited to indoor, confined spaces. But apparently you feel if you throw enough nonsequiter details against the wall, at least one of them might stick.

Nothing false about anything I said, but that's why I rarely engage on this forum on non cruise-related topics.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

What if no cruise line ends up requiring that?

I don't have to cruise.  But then if one day Covid is squashed and it's no longer a concern, it won't be just cruising but many others things can return to normal. 

In the near future, my choice is to go only on cruises requiring 100% vaccination.  It's not just me.  Allowing risks onto the ship, allowing possible spreads from ports onto ship then onto ports, and possibly having outbreaks on ship to require quarantine, restrictions, change of itinerary, etc., is not the type of cruising risk I need to take.  I have choices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

So no children under 12, correct?

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Reduced lines, lower prices, Less noise. Done.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Since you believe it changes your DNA, you should look at taking the vaccine as an opportunity 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2