Raw Deal

auburn77

17 hours ago, auburn77 said:

They offered a Specialty dinner and would put me on a waiting list. Whoopee!

I have found phone calls to Cruise Vacation Planning & Support 1-800-901-1172 (press "0") have moved mountains in the past for me. They have even worked on my issues after the calls and have called me back.  And don't brush off waiting lists for things like club minis and club dining. I asked to be put on them 2x in the past and, believe it or not, both times I ended up being #1 on the list and was able to get what I wanted. The TA told me the majority of people offered to be put on the waiting list simply refuse to do so, which is why I was #1 on the list on both occasions.

Edited by PRNole47

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

@auburn77if you want a better email / phone number / contact person then I suggest Kimberly Baldwin at kbaldwin@princesscruises.com (i think here phone number is 1-661-753-0000x44411 but I'm not positive .... I've got so many #s now). She rapidly responded to all my emails. She's a customer service supervisor under csteinke@princesscruises.com (top dog)

Thanks. Just sent her an email with all the details.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PRNole47 said:

I have found phone calls to Cruise Vacation Planning & Support 1-800-901-1172 (press "0") have moved mountains in the past for me. They have even worked on my issues after the calls and have called me back.  And don't brush off waiting lists for things like club minis and club dining. I asked to be put on them 2x in the past and, believe it or not, both times I ended up being #1 on the list and was able to get what I wanted. The TA told me the majority of people offered to be put on the waiting list simply refuse to do so, which is why I was #1 on the list on both occasions.

They did tell me we were #1 on the list. I just assumed it was what they might tell everyone.

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

I dunno. If it was for a milestone anniversary, I might ask for another mini + specialty restaurant every night + bottle of champagne in room. Not quite the same as a club class but close. And there are several specialty restaurants to choose from (Bistro Sur la Mer, Harmony, Crown Grill, Lobster) over 7 nights

44 isn't a milestone, but the cruise was still planned for an anniversary. 

40 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

They did tell me we were #1 on the list. I just assumed it was what they might tell everyone.

With my being #1 each of the 2 times i listed, I received the invitation to accept the upgrade in about 2 week's time.

39 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

44 isn't a milestone, but the cruise was still planned for an anniversary. 

I dunno, I've got 33 yrs and after the first year, every year has been a milestone.😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The same exact thing happened to us .... luckily, I caught it in time when I noticed that our room was available on the website.  But, I was also told not to worry about it being canceled ... my PVP actually had email proof that she asked for an extension on that final payment date.  

Well, they expedited the transfer of funds so all worked out well. But, I'd be upset, too, if our room was no longer available.  

I think they could just reclassify your room as a club class.  I know they've worked out their dining logistics very carefully, but it seems like there is enough room for one exception to be made.  We've done a couple of sailings with Club Class dining and when it was busier, they just set up another table with the nicer linens encroaching into the MDR a bit.  

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

@auburn77if you want a better email / phone number / contact person then I suggest Kimberly Baldwin at kbaldwin@princesscruises.com (i think here phone number is 1-661-753-0000x44411 but I'm not positive .... I've got so many #s now). She rapidly responded to all my emails. She's a customer service supervisor under csteinke@princesscruises.com (top dog)

I concur with contacting Kimberly if you can.  I had excellent results with her.  But I actually emailed csteinke@princesscruises.com first.  The customer service people were all abuzz because I contacted a director directly.  Excellent service after that.  But maybe try Kimberly first.  

7 hours ago, auburn77 said:

follow up with a call tomorrow.  If the number Ombud had isn't the right number just call customer relations and ask for her. 

You definitely deserve better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

As long they are not millstones.  😁

Just got home from a month long camping trip. (Left on May 5th and got home on June 4th.) May 6th was our 49th anniversary. Next year will be a milestone. If we are lucky Canada will open her borders and our May 2nd cruise out of Vancouver will be a reality. May 6th, 2022 will mark our 50th anniversary.

Not all times were good. Some were definitely not good. Most were good and I am very glad we stuck with it through thick and thin. Anybody who tells you all times were good is either extraordinarily lucky or a liar. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very happy we are together and doing well. 50 years seems to me to be a great milestone. I remember celebrating 20 years with a big party thinking it was really something. Bah. 20 years seems kind of "newlywed" these days.

Sadly, two of our three children pretty much despise each other at this point so we won't see a huge 50th party from the kids. Instead, we're booked on an cruise to Alaska next year and, if all goes well, will be on Sapphire Princess for a 12 day cruise that visits Sitka and Icy Straight Point - 2 ports we have never been to despite 3 cruises to Alaska and a 7 week camping trip that took us to Fairbanks.

We look forward to this cruise and truly hope it comes to pass. It would (will!) truly be a milestone - Not a millstone -  not only in cruising, but in life and marriage.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just got home from a month long camping trip. (Left on May 5th and got home on June 4th.) May 6th was our 49th anniversary. Next year will be a milestone. If we are lucky Canada will open her borders and our May 2nd cruise out of Vancouver will be a reality. May 6th, 2022 will mark our 50th anniversary.

Not all times were good. Some were definitely not good. Most were good and I am very glad we stuck with it through thick and thin. Anybody who tells you all times were good is either extraordinarily lucky or a liar. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very happy we are together and doing well. 50 years seems to me to be a great milestone. I remember celebrating 20 years with a big party thinking it was really something. Bah. 20 years seems kind of "newlywed" these days.

Sadly, two of our three children pretty much despise each other at this point so we won't see a huge 50th party from the kids. Instead, we're booked on an cruise to Alaska next year and, if all goes well, will be on Sapphire Princess for a 12 day cruise that visits Sitka and Icy Straight Point - 2 ports we have never been to despite 3 cruises to Alaska and a 7 week camping trip that took us to Fairbanks.

We look forward to this cruise and truly hope it comes to pass. It would (will!) truly be a milestone - Not a millstone -  not only in cruising, but in life and marriage.

Nice note and early congrats.  We have a semi-milestone next May (45 yrs).  Our best friends just hit that one two days ago. 

I am quite sure our borders will be open well before next May.  I am pretty confident they will be open before the end of this year.  I am expecting to drive our vehicle to Florida for winter this year instead of shipping it on a truck.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, auburn77 said:

Just want to let you know that she was wonderful. She assured me that I was #1 on the waiting list a couple of weeks ago. She said we would deal with the booking if one did not become available. One became available today and everything is fine now. She made sure that I was price protected (using the booked price that was on the previous ship that was canceled and transferred to the Majestic). The old booking (booked 11/23/20) on the Emerald was $2,000 less than the new Club Class cabin on the Majestic would have been. 

Thanks

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

Just want to let you know that she was wonderful. She assured me that I was #1 on the waiting list a couple of weeks ago. She said we would deal with the booking if one did not become available. One became available today and everything is fine now. She made sure that I was price protected (using the booked price that was on the previous ship that was canceled and transferred to the Majestic). The old booking (booked 11/23/20) on the Emerald was $2,000 less than the new Club Class cabin on the Majestic would have been. 

Thanks

So happy Kimberly Baldwin was able to make good on the rebooking. 

• Like 5