Cruise cancellation extended until 17th September 2021

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Hell A, not heard that one, lol. 

Hell .A.   and lost wages , where great the first the I went there 40 years ago .They have deteriorated a lot along with most of America.

Last time I went to L.A (4years ago) there was a curfew at night.
Our hotel told us if we where caught outside after 10PM we would have `Interaction’ with the police. We where scared.
Not the kind of place for a holiday.

Is this good news, do Carnival know something we don’t ? Just received this email re. A booking on Spirit next April:

1 July 2021

Dear Carnival Spirit Guest,

While we continue to make progress on our plan to return to service, there is still no certainty when international travel will resume. Therefore, while borders are closed, we will be implementing local cruising for locals only and have converted a number of our cruises to domestic sailings so that our guests can explore Australia by sea and support our local economy.

Below are a list of affected sailings and the new itineraries. You can find out more information on your new cruise destinations by logging in to MyCruiseManager on Carnival.com.au. Changes will be available within 24 hours.

43d66b53-56ff-4ff4-a260-95c546bf93bd.png

In the event this itinerary no longer meets your needs, our team is standing by to review your options. Please call our Guest Services Department at 13 31 94.

We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable holiday.

13 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Is this good news, do Carnival know something we don’t ? Just received this email re. A booking on Spirit next April:

1 July 2021

While we continue to make progress on our plan to return to service, there is still no certainty when international travel will resume. Therefore, while borders are closed, we will be implementing local cruising for locals only and have converted a number of our cruises to domestic sailings so that our guests can explore Australia by sea and support our local economy.

Below are a list of affected sailings and the new itineraries. You can find out more information on your new cruise destinations by logging in to MyCruiseManager on Carnival.com.au. Changes will be available within 24 hours.

In the event this itinerary no longer meets your needs, our team is standing by to review your options. Please call our Guest Services Department at 13 31 94.

I guess, time will tell.

Didn't Carnival do this for the cruises up to December earlier this year only to cancel them all. Certainly puts your TA to work ie make changes only to cancel. Do TAs still get a commission on cancelled cruises that didn't have full payment?

2 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

Didn't Carnival do this for the cruises up to December earlier this year only to cancel them all. Certainly puts your TA to work ie make changes only to cancel. Do TAs still get a commission on cancelled cruises that didn't have full payment?

Cruise Weekly reported this:

"Princess said it would also protect travel agent commission on bookings that were paid in full."

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

1 July 2021

I suppose its purely QLD cruise, so maybe only for QLD residents? That way there are no issues with border closures? That may be a start?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gogo65 said:

I suppose its purely QLD cruise, so maybe only for QLD residents? That way there are no issues with border closures? That may be a start?

NSW could do from SYD to Eden, Newcastle, Norfolk Island and scenic cruising around LHI and Ball's Pyramid.😀

Ball's Pyramid - Unusual Places

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Well good news.... now can plan our November  getaway...

Thinking about excepting replacement cruise in Nov 2022 on the grand....

Don

You reckon that will be a goer Don?

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Hell .A.   and lost wages , where great the first the I went there 40 years ago .They have deteriorated a lot along with most of America.

Last time I went to L.A (4years ago) there was a curfew at night.
Our hotel told us if we where caught outside after 10PM we would have `Interaction’ with the police. We where scared.
Not the kind of place for a holiday.

I have boarded a few Princess Ships at San Pedro which is port of la, we stayed in san pedro or long beach, or huntington beach, not la thank you, lax was bad enough.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I have boarded a few Princess Ships at San Pedro which is port of la, we stayed in san pedro or long beach, or huntington beach, not la thank you, lax was bad enough.

The gridlock traffic around LAX is so bad now that you’re looking at 45 minutes  or more to drop someone off and get out.

They have moved most public access away from the airport and are putting in a sky train.

The whole place is a nightmare not to mention the social problems and homeless.

I'm on the 2/6 Spirit, then the 2/20 Splendor.  Well, I thought I was going to be on those.

Our TA shared the above notice with us but Carnival hasn't officially cancelled the cruise or notified those of us who aren't OZ residents that we won't be allowed to sail, but we know that's coming.  😪