Reflection 2021?

TheMettins

1 hour ago, Antropos said:

All 2021 EU sailings for Reflection have disappeared from the website... 

Hmm, same goes for Infinity... all cruises in Europe are nowhere to be found anymore. First Infinity cruise listed now is Dec 13 from Rio. 

OK, time to make different plans yet again

Switching to Apex for almost double the price compared to our Reflection booking does not sound very enticing to us. Love E class - but not that much 😉

• Haha 1

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise vacation. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. Regrettably, the situation in many parts of Europe remains uncertain, therefore out of an abundance of caution, we will be canceling all Celebrity Infinity® sailings departing August 2  December 1, 2021 and all Celebrity Reflection® sailings departing August 11  October 22, 2021.

We sincerely apologize for having to cancel these sailings as we’re sure you are eager to enjoy the refreshing experience of traveling once again. Please know that your Celebrity family anxiously awaits the opportunity to show you the world as well. At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund. With the choice of an FCC you can still experience the wonders of Europe in 2021 by rebooking your vacation at current rates for the brand-new Celebrity ApexSM sailing from Athens to the Greek Isles.

You also have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to Europe and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. From now through June 29, you may Lift and Shift your current reservation to a Celebrity Constellation®, Celebrity Infinity®, Celebrity Reflection®, or Celebrity Silhouette® sailing departing in 2022 to any one of a variety of European destinations including the Norwegian Fjords, Spain and Portugal, Scandinavia and St. Petersburg, the Mediterranean and more. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.

If you are unable to rebook by June 29, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid for use by April 30, 2022 on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by July 30, 2021 via email. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required on your part to receive this FCC.

If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until July 31, 2021. To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request.

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment. Guests with independent arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible. Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process. Guests with independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418- 6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

LOL, yeah

"you can still experience the wonders of Europe in 2021 by rebooking your vacation at current rates for the brand-new Celebrity ApexSM sailing from Athens to the Greek Isles."

Meaning you can pay way more on Apex to do the same itinerary which was cancelled on Reflection "out of an abundance of caution" because "regrettably, the situation in many parts of Europe remains uncertain".

Don´t get me wrong. I am not really surprised or mad at Celebrity... but they could think of a less "slap in the face" reasoning.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

LOL, yeah

"you can still experience the wonders of Europe in 2021 by rebooking your vacation at current rates for the brand-new Celebrity ApexSM sailing from Athens to the Greek Isles."

Meaning you can pay way more on Apex to do the same itinerary which was cancelled on Reflection "out of an abundance of caution" because "regrettably, the situation in many parts of Europe remains uncertain".

Don´t get me wrong. I am not really surprised or mad at Celebrity... but they could think of a less "slap in the face" reasoning.

I was on the now cancelled Reflection TA and immediately looked at the Apex option knowing full well I couldn't afford it (we got a really great deal on a SV on Reflection).  Now that I have picked myself up off the floor, I have requested a refund and will move on.  I hate to lose the extra 25%, but with three trips booked for next year, there won't be an opportunity to re-book.  

6 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

We have cruises booked until 2023, so no more FCC for us.

Are those paid in full? If not, the FCC can be applied to satisfy any remaining balance due (on a cruise departing before Oct 2022).

21 minutes ago, Antropos said:

Are those paid in full? If not, the FCC can be applied to satisfy any remaining balance due (on a cruise departing before Oct 2022).

Of course not… but so far we have only paid the deposit for the Reflection cruise. So the 25% extra are not really much. Not enough to deal with yet another FCC to be applied on yet another cruise likely to be cancelled… the next one would be NZ - which might not open up the borders before late 2022. 🤣

Oh dear feel sorry for you guys holding out for the cruise. We pulled the plug on the 16 Sep Israel cruise in April and moved it to a Silhouette Norway trip in 2020. Will be hiking in Devon instead.  Tasting the Whiskey in Islay at present rather than a cruise that I must have cancelled in 2020 (it’s all a blur).

Now to worry about Solstice in January!

We thought that Italy was going to work, the country just did away with masking while outdoors.

Still, next year we will probably do our TA from Rome to Florida.

It will probably be with Royal C., since they have a TA next year that is about 50% of the cost of the comparable Celebrity cruise.  Since we  drink alcohol modestly, we don't want the "Free alcohol" that isn't free.

Pure supposition on my part but Reflection wasn't starting in Europe until end of August and then doing a TA on 10/22. I suspect bookings were not sufficient to sail the ship over to the Med for a scant month and a half plus the difficulty in getting staff on board. Apex is already over there and staffed so makes sense they'd keep that one going at Reflection's expense .

• Like 1

So will Reflection be doing the Caribbean instead of the Med and staying there?  We have a Nov 6th out of FLL.  We are going with my son and his then new wife as a wedding gift.  I really hope it is a go!  

18 hours ago, elaineb said:

So will Reflection be doing the Caribbean instead of the Med and staying there?  We have a Nov 6th out of FLL.  We are going with my son and his then new wife as a wedding gift.  I really hope it is a go!  

LoL, that was what this thread was about... but I guess many didn't notice that part!

"Haven't seen Reflection mentioned in the bulk emails from Celebrity... any inside information?  Predictions if she will be up and running from US waters in 2021?"

Based on the phased approach to the resumption of cruising, I believe only certain ships will be up and running in 2021- just my opinion though.  I just switched my December Reflection sailing to the Summit to be safe. 

I was on the TA. Just booked a Panama Canal on Regent sailing January 3rd. One day longer and cheaper. And includes air, a pre-night hotel, and Shore Excursions. I love Celebrity, but now I have two cruises booked with Regent next year as they were cheaper. I've never sailed with them before, so we will see if the smaller and more sedate cruise is for us. Maybe by 2023 things will have calmed down a bit and we will be back to Celebrity. Time will tell.