Back to Back Ft Lauderdale

Calypso54

You will receive written instructions on what exactly to do. You will be directed to report to a specific location,  either on board,  or ashore, at a specific time. You will be accounted for, and the ship will be "zeroed ". After a wait...anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, you will be released to do whatever you wish. You may, or may not be required to attend lifeboat drill that afternoon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

After a wait...anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, you will be released to do whatever you wish.

The wait will depend to some degree on how quickly others respond to the requirement to meet with credentials. In one btb I did someone had to go back to their cabin to get a necessary document and that held everything up for a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You will receive written instructions on what exactly to do. You will be directed to report to a specific location,  either on board,  or ashore, at a specific time. You will be accounted for, and the ship will be "zeroed ". After a wait...anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, you will be released to do whatever you wish. You may, or may not be required to attend lifeboat drill that afternoon. 

my experience on HAL is that only 1 lifeboat drill is required when it is booked as a grand voyage. if 2 seperate tickets, than 2 lifeboat drills.

7 hours ago, ericfromri said:

my experience on HAL is that only 1 lifeboat drill is required when it is booked as a grand voyage. if 2 seperate tickets, than 2 lifeboat drills.

In 2018 we did a 21 day cruise (7+14) 2 separate booking numbers and we did not have to attend the second boat drill

21 minutes ago, woodworker&knitter said:

In 2018 we did a 21 day cruise (7+14) 2 separate booking numbers and we did not have to attend the second boat drill

thats good, but every ship is run differently.  i welcome going to as few lifeboat drills as possible.  i think in the immrdiate future, lifeboat drill will be in your cabin   lol

This is the letter that we received 2 days before 'turnaround day'. Hope it is legible.  We were on 2 separate bookings but in the same room.  The whole process was very easy.  Meet in the Queen's Lounge, (coffee, tea and cookies served) and the taken ashore, through immigration for passport inspection and then straight back on the ship.  On a previous turnaround day we took just left the ship and took a taxi to Galleria Mall and Total Wines and then back to the ship.  Again it was effortless as we had a 'pass' to get back on the ship in the priority lane.

20210611_184631.jpg

This was very helpful. We are booked on a 14=day Caribbean cruise beginning on 12/4/21. It is actually a back to back cruise although I didn’t realize that in the beginning. It is booked as one cruise though with one booking number. 

We've done B2Bs several times. Sometimes we had to report to a place on board until the ship cleared. Most often it was the showroom. Other times we had to exit the ship and wait in the terminal. We've also left the ship. I went home to do some work and my wife got her nails done. (We live close by, but I would recommend against getting off unless you have pressing business - like a mani-pedi, I guess. )

It's always been pretty quick and painless. The only time we experienced a delay was when two pax ignored the procedure and had to be located by security. The two ladies were found in a hot tub on the Lido deck. All through-transit passengers gave them stink-eye for rest of the cruise.

• Like 1

Another option on a B to B is to go enjoy your port day off the ship.  You will be free to leave the ship early in the morning and can go enjoy yourself in FL.  When you return to the port you will have a Transit card that will allow you to avoid some of the delays encountered by new embarking passengers.

Hank

15 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Another option on a B to B is to go enjoy your port day off the ship.  You will be free to leave the ship early in the morning and can go enjoy yourself in FL.  When you return to the port you will have a Transit card that will allow you to avoid some of the delays encountered by new embarking passengers.

Hank

That’s what we always do, just another port day to us.