Change in Luggage Tag for disembarkation procedure?

Alphen

Crazy for Cats, we used to go to the local public library to print our luggage tags out in color - $.50 a piece, so cheap. We now have a color printer at home. Just a suggestion as you said you print yours out in B&W.

5 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I'm pretty sure those CC members on next months 1st sailing of Nieuw A will fill us all in 

on the new details. 😎

I am sure, but I am also just happy to be talking about something as mundane as luggage tags.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My guess is that the ship will deliver stickers to you for your disembarkation luggage instead of alternate tags.

The down side is that most paper luggage tags don't survive the trip from the curb to your room unless they are laminated or placed in a plastic sleeve.

Paper tags tear off easily when wet.

David

2 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

My guess is that the ship will deliver stickers to you for your disembarkation luggage instead of alternate tags.

The down side is that most paper luggage tags don't survive the trip from the curb to your room unless they are laminated or placed in a plastic sleeve.

David

We have used these for the last couple years waterproof and the connector is a steel cable which passes the Samsonite test.   Never had one tear, fall off or get wet

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BVF8L6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6-13-2021 9-43-51 PM.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

David

Packing tape ..

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Frugality is the quality of being frugal, sparing, thrifty, prudent or economical in the consumption of consumable resources such as food, time or money,

I like that!

16 hours ago, sfocruiser said:

We have used these for the last couple years waterproof and the connector is a steel cable which passes the Samsonite test.   Never had one tear, fall off or get wet

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BVF8L6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6-13-2021 9-43-51 PM.jpg

Thanks for this tip. Ordered ours via Prime and they arrived yesterday. Very good quality and the price is right.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:45 PM, sfocruiser said:

6-13-2021 9-43-51 PM.jpg

My old luggage tag holders are showing their age, all plastic.  I ordered these yesterday and they arrived today.  They look like they will hold up much better.  Thanks for posting the link.

7 minutes ago, highscar said:

I would suggest either don’t put your HAL tags on the suitcase until you arrive at the pier or tag each handle on your suitcase. Mine arrived at the airport missing the main handle.  

Absolutely agree.  We never put our tags on until we are about to leave our pre-cruise hotel and board the ship. 

Having them on your luggage for your air travel can cause confusion and your luggage could end up with HAL’s transfer people.

• Like 2

I am certainly not going to open anyone's suitcase!  

HAL transfer people have advanced knowledge of your arrival plans, and are looking out for you and your luggage.  If you need assistance, just ask.  Whether or not you purchased your airfare through the cruise line, when something goes amiss just call the 800 phone number or contact one of the staff at the airport.  

Having your luggage tags on your bags when flying is helpful more than harmful.  For many years now only your name, cabin number, and sailing date are noted on it.  The best insurance is to put a cell phone number there.....and turn your phone on.

HAL reps are not allowed to claim luggage from an airline unless you fill out a missing luggage form with your airline and provide a copy to HAL. 

It is not uncommon upon disembarkation for someone to accidentally take your bag instead of theirs.

Many bags are similar in appearance.  The best way to contact you is to use your cell phone.

David

7 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

One tip for luggage being handled by HAL at embarkation is to put a copy of your luggage tag inside the suitcase.  This way if the tag comes of the handle someone can easily see where it should go.

I like this tip. Usually the only thing we find in our luggage is the letter from the TSA that they have searched our bags. I use the plastic tag holder with the steel cable tie. My wife always gives me static because we end up taking them off hours after we put them on. Now they get to stay on throughout the cruise. Why do we get our bags searched? My daughter works in the marijuana industry and her clothes set off the dogs.

• Like 1

I don't spend my precious retirement hours fussing with luggage tags.

Use the ones from Amazon.   Two to be exact on each bag - one on each handle.

Use zip ties to shorten the loop so less likely to catch on anything.  Snip off tie.

TA usually send printed luggage tags or I may print them myself.  pic below.

IMG_4965.thumb.JPG.ccbc3fcd46496ff331365e278598d851.JPG