Regal Princess has arrived in Southampton

windsurferfirst

25 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

Are they boarding passengers or just a service call?

Boarding crew at least - Matt O'Brien the CD has just posted he's at the terminal ready to board her and will enter a quarantine period.

No passengers due until the cruise on 31st July we believe (referenced by the OP and we are booked on this too).

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

We are booked on the September 30th cruise to France and Spain from Southampton.. Hopefully we won’t have to quarantine in UK for 2 weeks to get on the ship. If so forget it as we are fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gvre said:

We are booked on the September 30th cruise to France and Spain from Southampton.. Hopefully we won’t have to quarantine in UK for 2 weeks to get on the ship. If so forget it as we are fully vaccinated.

Let’s hope that the ship sails to France and Spain as that is not definite at the moment. 

I just looked at the Port Camera & the Regal Princess has left. Perhaps they were only taking on supplies & additional crew members. 

The bridge camera says they’re still in port. 

Tom😀

If you are interested in what is going on behind the scenes and you are on Instagram or Facebook, follow Matt O'Brien! On Insta he is cruisedirectormatto and just his name on FB. He is posting live from quarantine right now (he has to quarantine for 7 days).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you are interested in what is going on behind the scenes and you are on Instagram or Facebook, follow Matt O'Brien! On Insta he is cruisedirectormatto and just his name on FB. He is posting live from quarantine right now (he has to quarantine for 7 days).

There are about 120 people named Matt O'Brien on FB, most with no identifier about which might be the one we are looking for. Can you provide a direct link?

On 6/16/2021 at 10:06 PM, gvre said:

We are in the same boat(haha).   Will only go if we don't have to quarantine.   Currently, we are planning on spending 5 days in London beforehand.   A bit worried that we might catch the virus there, even though we are fully vaccinated.   However, by then the current wave in the UK should be over...

As this will be the first non-UK passengers only princess cruise out of southampton, I think anything is possible...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trbarton said:

I went onto his FB site but I don’t see anyway that I can add a friend request. I want to ask where the ship currently is since it left South Hampton. 

Tom😀

Oh, that's odd! Maybe he turned the friend request off?

I know that the ship is just circling around out at sea right now - no ports other than picking up crew in Southampton periodically...

On 6/16/2021 at 4:06 PM, gvre said:

We are scheduled to depart Oct 12. With the current UK rules I just don't see how this is going to happen. I am not looking for a cruise to nowhere. Payments due in July...wonder when we will know. Honestly kinda hoping for a cancel and move to 2022.

7 hours ago, trbarton said:

I went onto his FB site but I don’t see anyway that I can add a friend request. I want to ask where the ship currently is since it left South Hampton. 

Tom😀

I can see the Add Friend button....

12 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

Regal is due to move from QE2 Terminal to City Terminal tonight until the night of the 21st June, and then not due back to Southampton until the 12th July.

Most CCL ships in UK waters are off Torquay or Portland when not in Soton. Cunard Queen Elizabeth is currently docked in Dover though.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:06 AM, gvre said:

We are booked on to this one also. I am hoping and praying it happens. I think they will make their minds up when our PM announces on July 19th that all restrictions are lifted. ( Fingers crossed)

• Like 1