Arrival check in time slot

When we did our check-in for our July 4th cruise, we logged on around 8am. We were able to select 11:30-12:00. As Joe 817 mentioned, when we printed our cruise documents, the luggage tags printed as well...just as before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Perhaps I had missed it before, but it's going to be Diamond, Platinum, and Suites @ 16 days out?

What kind of arrival/time options have been offered for those of you who've already checked in?

I'll set a timer for 12am -- as that's reason enough to have interrupted sleep!  😄

Tom

I had times starting at 10:30 up to 2:00 (in 30 minute increments), this was a few hours after the option was available for July 3rd sailing.

Yes to the question about 16 days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cowboy$fan said:

I had times starting at 10:30 up to 2:00 (in 30 minute increments), this was a few hours after the option was available for July 3rd sailing.

Yes to the question about 16 days

I wonder if folks that had the 14 days out checkin got the 10:30 option as well. 

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Good question. My guess is the early slots get snapped up first.

I am more concerned with people actually following the "Rules" for arrival time. I seem to remember this didn't work to well a few years ago with check-in times 

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Good question. My guess is the early slots get snapped up first.

Most likely right. Makes things complicated for those that are platinum/diamond sailing with folks that are not. Well, not exactly complicated, but tense. Cause I’m sure as heck getting on that ship at 10:30 or close to it. The in-laws will have to deal with whatever time they get. 

25 minutes ago, cowboy$fan said:

I am more concerned with people actually following the "Rules" for arrival time. I seem to remember this didn't work to well a few years ago with check-in times 

John Heald has made it quite clear they will be rigorously enforcing the arrival times for appointments - if you show up early you will be turned away.

They can't take any chances with anything related to crowd control in case something goes awry, so hopefully they'll stand by this declaration.

11 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

John Heald has made it quite clear they will be rigorously enforcing the arrival times for appointments - if you show up early you will be turned away.

They can't take any chances with anything related to crowd control in case something goes awry, so hopefully they'll stand by this declaration.

I think they'll have more teeth in this policy than, oh let's say, a dress code!

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

I wonder if folks that had the 14 days out checkin got the 10:30 option as well. 

I am curious too.  Maybe someone who checked in 14 days out will let everyone know the earliest available time they had as an option

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You can print them at any time using this link.  It even works on cruises 18 months out.  It was posted under  a different question  by MamallamaAndDaddy:

If you login to Carnival.com and then paste this, replacing ###### with your booking number you can see them.

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=######&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

You may want to reformat that post. When I copied the link it had an actual booking number and not the X's in place... ?

2 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

Most likely right. Makes things complicated for those that are platinum/diamond sailing with folks that are not. Well, not exactly complicated, but tense. Cause I’m sure as heck getting on that ship at 10:30 or close to it. The in-laws will have to deal with whatever time they get. 

If your booking numbers are linked together wouldnt everyone get that same time slot? 

11 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

if that is what's happening, how would I delete it?

I would click on the three dots in the upper right and select "report". I believe they give you an opportunity to explain why.

6 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Was it your information?  You had me worried that somehow it copied my actual booking information without showing it.

I changed the booking # to our numbers, and it went to the printable tag stage (correct names/cabin/etc).

When I tried the link with your booking number (J71xxx) it returned the landing page for our cruise (not displaying your info at all). So, all that's "out there" now is your booking number. Unless someone knows your names/security pin code, I doubt there's any risk.

Tom

29 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I changed the booking # to our numbers, and it went to the printable tag stage (correct names/cabin/etc).

When I tried the link with your booking number (J71xxx) it returned the landing page for our cruise (not displaying your info at all). So, all that's "out there" now is your booking number. Unless someone knows your names/security pin code, I doubt there's any risk.

Tom

I just checked all of my Carnival Booking numbers and none of them start with J71 or anything close.  Could it have picked up something that you had open at the time you clicked on it?

28 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I just checked all of my Carnival Booking numbers and none of them start with J71 or anything close.  Could it have picked up something that you had open at the time you clicked on it?

I have 1 booking in my history that starts with J (nothing the same after that character) - it's from June of 2000.

When I hover over the link in your post, I can see the J71xxx at the bottom of my screen. So, I just assumed it came from you. It certainly appears to be in the format of a booking number!

Oh well 🙂

Tom

6 hours ago, cowboy$fan said:

I am more concerned with following the rules myself.  I don’t have the desire, energy or qualifications to worry about what others do….I figure the cost of the cruise includes the staff taking care of things I don’t control anyway.  If I wanted to assist, I’d fill out an application. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am curious too.  Maybe someone who checked in 14 days out will let everyone know the earliest available time they had as an option

We checked in at the 14 day mark...around 8am and got an 11:30 time slot. That was the earliest available.

Edited by Vrybusy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Good to know that early time slots are possible still. Hoping things improve a bit so FTTF comes back later this year.

They are but we have a lot of people doing B2B which probably opened a number of spots.

13 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

13 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I have 1 booking in my history that starts with J (nothing the same after that character) - it's from June of 2000.

When I hover over the link in your post, I can see the J71xxx at the bottom of my screen. So, I just assumed it came from you. It certainly appears to be in the format of a booking number!

Oh well 🙂

Tom

I believe the booking number that appears is from the original post from a while back where someone found this method to bypass the gates to your documents.  That "link" (which is text displayed and then hyperlink embedded) probably contains the booking number of that very first "one weird trick" post.

So it isn't Old Fart Cruisers' booking number, it may not even be from whoever OFC copied from.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

12 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

I am more concerned with following the rules myself.  I don’t have the desire, energy or qualifications to worry about what others do….I figure the cost of the cruise includes the staff taking care of things I don’t control anyway.  If I wanted to assist, I’d fill out an application. 

One can only hope they follow their own guide lines and adhere to the time slots

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sailingships said:

If your booking numbers are linked together wouldnt everyone get that same time slot? 

NOPE, My husband and I are diamond and we sail with my mom and dad (GOLD), and brother and sister in law (1st time cruiser) in October.  Our check in time is 2 days before theirs, so I am just waiting until their date and getting a slot for all of us

• Like 1