No Vaccines Required?

Someone posted on FB that Royal plans on making vaccines optional on all cruises sailing fro ALL U.S. ports. Can anybody verify this?  

If true, I’m guessing Royal hopes to attract families with kids and those people who are refusing to vaccinate. Since all the other cruise lines are mandating that 95% be vaccinated, Royal can pick up all the anti-vaxers. Just one more reason to jump ship from Royal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Someone posted on FB that Royal plans on making vaccines optional on all cruises sailing fro ALL U.S. ports. Can anybody verify this?  

If true, I’m guessing Royal hopes to attract families with kids and those people who are refusing to vaccinate. Since all the other cruise lines are mandating that 95% be vaccinated, Royal can pick up all the anti-vaxers. Just one more reason to jump ship from Royal. 

Jerseygirl, this has been discussed over and over again in numerous threads (which you can search)  that have only proven to be locked.  I'm afraid yours will be headed in the same direction and it likely won't be pretty getting there.  The pat answer is yes for most ports outside of Florida.

18 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So go to a different cruise line.  I am glad RCI is not requiring vaccines.

I for one am NOT glad that RCI will have to require masks everywhere. Hope either Royal or the CDC changes the way this is going to happen before November.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

People say all kinds of stuff on Facebook (and here). No one knows for sure what the cruise lines will say next week.  I just  hope they are careful not to get caught in an outbreak and ruin our chances for cruising in the near future.  We're willing to do all the things they ask if it means we're safe and get to cruise again.

Tom

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Jerseygirl, this has been discussed over and over again in numerous threads (which you can search)  that have only proven to be locked.  I'm afraid yours will be headed in the same direction and it likely won't be pretty getting there.  The pat answer is yes for most ports outside of Florida.

I know the vaccine topic has been discussed to death, but I thought Florida and Texas were the only 2 states with that ridiculous law forbidding the cruise lines from requiring vaccines. I had hoped our sailing from Baltimore would be a port where this law was not being applied. I wasn’t (and still am not) sure what the correct answer is. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I know the vaccine topic has been discussed to death, but I thought Florida and Texas were the only 2 states with that ridiculous law forbidding the cruise lines from requiring vaccines. I had hoped our sailing from Baltimore would be a port where this law was not being applied. I wasn’t (and still am not) sure what the correct answer is. 

There's actually a post on this topic TODAY on the Royal blog.

9 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Texas has no law forbidding cruise lines to ask for vaccination. Royal has stated EVERYONE over the age of 12 must be vaccinated to cruise from Galveston 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, tserface said:

People say all kinds of stuff on Facebook (and here). No one knows for sure what the cruise lines will say next week.  I just  hope they are careful not to get caught in an outbreak and ruin our chances for cruising in the near future.  We're willing to do all the things they ask if it means we're safe and get to cruise again.

Tom

Agree. Only Guarantee is Change will happen, Land and Sea. Distancing, Mask requirements, Vaccine Requirements, only unknown is when... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Royal plans on making vaccines optional on all cruises sailing fro ALL U.S. ports. Can anybody verify this?  

If true Royal Caribbean will be the 1st cruisline to pack up the tent again.

• Like 1

Royal Vaccine Policy Summarized: HERE

The vaccine policies, which are in line with local regulations, are currently the following: 

• Cruises from Seattle: Guests who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those 12 or older as of Aug. 1
  • Cruises from Florida: It is strongly recommended that guests set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible. Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols at their own expense. These expenses are still being finalized. Based on our guest survey’s, we expect 90% of all our guests to be fully vaccinated
  • Cruises from Texas: Guests who are 12 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
  • Cruises from The Bahamas: Guests who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those 12 or older as of Aug. 1
  • Cruises from the UK: Sailing UK residents above the age of 18 must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 are required to receive negative test results.
  • Cruises from Cyprus: Guests above the age of 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 with negative test results can sail.
  • Cruises from Spain: Guests above the age of 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results can sail.
  • Cruises from Singapore: Sailing Singapore guests are not required to be vaccinated but must follow the protocols outlined by the Singapore government
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m very, very worried about Royal’s decision to not mandate vaccinations on their cruises out of Florida. Doesn’t allowing unvaccinated people (even kids) onboard pose a risk for everyone? Are unvaccinated people (adults & kids)  have to wear masks? How will Royal make sure people wear masks, if they mandate masks? People who are unvaccinated have the very real possibility of infecting everyone. <Remember, vaccinated people can still get the virus>. How fair is it to a family (or any other cruiser) to go on vacation only to have themselves or their children get Covid from an unvaccinated person?    What will an outbreak do to the cruise industry?   Will countries allow cruise ship with unvaccinated people dock? Allow anyone to disembark?  We need to be cognizant that residents in the various islands may not have adequate access to vaccines.  Should we be putting people who desperately need cruise ship dollars at risk?  
Many of us  pick cruises for the itineraries. If islands/countries close their ports to us because if unvaccinated passengers, where will we be able to cruise? Won’t this have the potential to make cruisers angry; make Islands in worse shape then they are now or cause an outbreak on an island? Where is the logic in not following the CDC guidelines?   I also can’t wait to return to cruising. I am fully vaccinated and I only socialize with people who are fully vaccinated.  How am I going to know if the person at the next table etc is safe to sit near? Even if we are socially distanced? I implore Royal to reconsider it’s decision to allow unvaccinated people onboard.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The following is quoted from Michael Bayley's legitimate Facebook account. He is the President and CEO of RCI. This information is current as of June 10 (5 days ago). Please keep in mind that this may very well change.

"Hi, I have read many different narratives on our vaccine policy and I thought I would clarify the current policy. It is complicated as we navigate through different laws and regulations by state and country and region. One guarantee is whatever the policy is today, it will evolve and change.

1. Our crew will be fully vaccinated on the entire Royal fleet and we are working succesfully to achieve that.

2. For guests sailing on Adventure from the Bahamas. Anthem from Southampton. Jewel from Cyprus, Serenade from Seattle. Ovation from Seattle. Independence from Galveston. Harmony from Barcelona and hopefully Oasis from Bayonne all will sail with the requirement for fully vaccinated guests with the exception of any kids who are not age eligible for vaccines. (12 and up in the USA after August 1st). Kids will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges for any testing etc for the kids.

For Freedom, Odyssey, Allure, Symphony and Mariner sailing out of Florida ports in July and August we are strongly recommending all guests eligible for vaccines are fully vaccinated. We expect approximately 90 per cent of our guests will be vaccinated. Guests who choose not to be vaccinated or not willing to verify vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols which will be at their expense. Kids not eligible for vaccines (under 12 from August 1) who sail will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges.

3. For Quantum sailing out of Singapore since last November we operate under the Royal health protocols and guidance from the Singapore government using testing and health protocols. To date over 75,000 guests have sailed successfully onboard Quantum.

Hope that helps ! My only request is please share your opinion or comments in a polite way. If you could read some messages I have received ! Its scary !"

• Like 1

just look to what happened last week on Celebrity's first cruise and again today on Odyssey and you will clearly see the need to have all eligible passenger vaccinated.

Can you only imagine what will happen with un-vaccinated adults on board the young kids already pose enough of a risk

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

just look to what happened last week on Celebrity's first cruise and again today on Odyssey and you will clearly see the need to have all eligible passenger vaccinated.

Can you only imagine what will happen with un-vaccinated adults on board the young kids already pose enough of a risk

The guests last week on Celebrity had false positive tests.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The guests last week on Celebrity had false positive tests.

where are you getting that last I read was a first hand report from on-board saying they had 2 test and both were positive.

Please provide a source

Edited by cruisegus
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Magnolia Queen said:

I’m very, very worried about Royal’s decision to not mandate vaccinations on their cruises out of Florida. 

Sail out of a different port.  The ports and ships with vaccine requirements were listed earlier in this thread 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

where are you getting that last I read was a first hand report from on-board saying they had 2 test and both were positive.

Please provide a source

I think the confusion came when a travel agent posted on FB via video that the first tests were false positives. Apparently she was wrong,  because others on that sailing said both the antigen and PCR tests were all positive. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Magnolia Queen said:

I’m very, very worried about Royal’s decision to not mandate vaccinations on their cruises out of Florida. Doesn’t allowing unvaccinated people (even kids) onboard pose a risk for everyone? Are unvaccinated people (adults & kids)  have to wear masks? How will Royal make sure people wear masks, if they mandate masks? People who are unvaccinated have the very real possibility of infecting everyone. <Remember, vaccinated people can still get the virus>. How fair is it to a family (or any other cruiser) to go on vacation only to have themselves or their children get Covid from an unvaccinated person?    What will an outbreak do to the cruise industry?   Will countries allow cruise ship with unvaccinated people dock? Allow anyone to disembark?  We need to be cognizant that residents in the various islands may not have adequate access to vaccines.  Should we be putting people who desperately need cruise ship dollars at risk?  
Many of us  pick cruises for the itineraries. If islands/countries close their ports to us because if unvaccinated passengers, where will we be able to cruise? Won’t this have the potential to make cruisers angry; make Islands in worse shape then they are now or cause an outbreak on an island? Where is the logic in not following the CDC guidelines?   I also can’t wait to return to cruising. I am fully vaccinated and I only socialize with people who are fully vaccinated.  How am I going to know if the person at the next table etc is safe to sit near? Even if we are socially distanced? I implore Royal to reconsider it’s decision to allow unvaccinated people onboard.  

There is no significant risk to vaccinated passengers. There is a small risk to unvaccinated children (under 12). 

Given the average incubation period for COVID and testing before boarding, the likelihood of an outbreak among unvaccinated passengers is quite low.

I don't think there is any clarity on the issues of mask wearing and port visits.

• Like 4