The Daily for Wednesday Jun 16, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Undate re Kakalena:  Unfortunately her cancer is now considered inoperable and she has some big decisions to make that are very troubling to her. Please keep her in prayer.

So sorry to hear this.

Roy

• Like 8

😎Good Afternoon ...98° now at almost 4:30 p.m.😮

A few years ago, we visited Crater Lake in southern Oregon and were looking for another interesting place to visit so I read that Klamath Falls was just 60 miles southwest. Well, to our surprise the town should be called Klamath NO Falls, lol!🙃

Katie

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Undate re Kakalena:  Unfortunately her cancer is now considered inoperable and she has some big decisions to make that are very troubling to her. Please keep her in prayer.

I am so very sorry to hear this 😢 She is in my prayers for sure but this is a really sad turn 😢 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Here is my offering of a waterfall from Tahquamenon Falls State Park in the upper peninsula of Michigan.  These are the lower falls.  I can't find my picture of the upper falls.  

20200828_155130097_iOS.jpg

20200828_155517335_iOS.jpg

I was hoping someone would post a photo of Tahquemenom Falls.  I have photos of the upper falls which are very impressive but I can’t locate them. Probably pre digital somewhere.  Grew up about 100 miles from there. 

• Like 8

Hot!!! Fire danger extreme and now we have one. Small so far, but when I went out a little while ago there was smoke and I could smell wood burning. Far enough away from me that it is not a worry for me, but I have friends in the pre-evacuation zone with a number of furry, hairy and feathery critters. Guess I had better put my "grab" things where I can grab.... this may be a tough summer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Hot!!! Fire danger extreme and now we have one. Small so far, but when I went out a little while ago there was smoke and I could smell wood burning. Far enough away from me that it is not a worry for me, but I have friends in the pre-evacuation zone with a number of furry, hairy and feathery critters. Guess I had better put my "grab" things where I can grab.... this may be a tough summer.

Praying that rain comes your way soon. Be safe. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

I was hoping someone would post a photo of Tahquemenom Falls.  I have photos of the upper falls which are very impressive but I can’t locate them. Probably pre digital somewhere.  Grew up about 100 miles from there. 

So, are you a Yooper?   My DBIL is from Menominee.  I grew up in the middle of the lower peninsula.   My Upper Falls photo is digital, but most likely stored on a CD somewhere.  Hopefully stored on a CD somewhere.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Please be safe.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Wow!  That’s amazing.  I wonder what the area looks like now after the eruption last year.

Lenda

I found a few pictures on line.  It doesn't seem to have changed much.

images-2.jpeg.ec297b08950bfa1652ba89a020ff6b3e.jpeg

images-1.jpeg.9a39b7064b4dc540d4b518979dff99d3.jpeg

images.jpeg.de819357b4c0d9844dea9199c4c64b09.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 7

@lazey1, I'll be praying for kakalena.

I do have bit of good news.  We took our neighbour Ruth to have her second shot,, and they let Ron have one, too, so that was great to get it all over with, then we took them out to lunch, at Timmie's.  Also, my jab finally showed up on the provincial site, after four days.  Pat's showed up immediately, and I thought I was going to have to make a fuss.  But all's well that ends well.

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I found a few pictures on line.  It doesn't seem to have changed much.

images-2.jpeg.ec297b08950bfa1652ba89a020ff6b3e.jpeg

images-1.jpeg.9a39b7064b4dc540d4b518979dff99d3.jpeg

images.jpeg.de819357b4c0d9844dea9199c4c64b09.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures.  It does still look about the same with maybe a little of the top of the cone missing.  After all the news reports last year, I was expecting a much bigger difference

Lenda

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kb4683 said:

Wailua Falls (Kauai) which was in the opening of the old tv show "Fantasy Island" (the plane, the plane).  Taken from our private flightseeing trip with Wings Over Kauai.

IMG_0050.thumb.jpg.2d16c09356a427880caae5530736beca.jpg

Your pictures of Wailua Falls brought back memories of our first "exotic" trip, it was in the spring of 1974. Plus, it was in the middle of the OPEC Oil Embargo, which made any type of travel rather interesting.

While on Kauai we booked a private Helicopter tour to fly into the Waialeale Crater and visit a couple of the local water falls on the way in.

One of the tour highlights was landing the helicopter on the rocks at the top of the waterfall, where the water splits before falling over the edge. It was very windy, but the pilot managed to do a nice approach in to land, unfortunately, the other couple with us both started to panic, so the pilot aborted. At the time both of us were flying private planes, so it didn't bother us all that much.

The wind also made flying into the crater somewhat risky and the pilot suggested we try again the next day.

The falls on the first day, which shows where the water splits at the top of the falls.

1507574646_WailuaFallD1.jpg.78458798d57c783e8100d3ad617fe343.jpg

We also flew by the Opaika'a Falls.

326340882_OpaikaaFalls.jpg.0e0c910f21d43288275b53e3fb78b324.jpg

On the second day the wind wasn't as bad, but it was raining very hard. All the water in the local rivers comes from rainfall, which means when it rains hard, there is more water in the rivers.

View of the Wailua Falls on the second day showing the increase in water level, which once again resulted in no landing at the top of the falls.

488231881_WailuaFallD2.jpg.2ec010bc5d319da02fa1ee4a9931f3a6.jpg

We did manage to fly into the crater (under the clouds) and got spectacular views of the crater walls turning into endless waterfalls. 

1049206744_WaialealeCrater.jpg.784ab9ce1fbd6d2cc38a70f4f9d4bd3e.jpg

Edited by GeorgeCharlie
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Oh I am so sorry.  We were visiting our son and family who live outside Lyons last summer when they got the call that they were in pre-evacuation zone.  The road from their house up to Estes Park was already closed.  Needless to say none of us slept much that night and we left the next morning in  our travel trailer.  Had done all we could to help them and the last thing they needed was to worry about us trying to get our trailer out of harms way.  It was touch and go for them a quite a while but never had to evacuate.  This year they have had a lot of rain and our son has done major fire mitigation around their property.  But with the extreme weather things can change in a heartbeat. 

Will keep you in our prayers for safety.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lazey1 said:

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Sad to hear.  😢 I hope rain comes your way to help.  Please be careful and stay safe. Prayers for everyone caught in this 🙏🏻 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lazey1 said:

I am loving the photos of all thew beautiful waterfalls. Have been to most but no photos that I can post. Looking forward to seeing the photos of Montmorecy Falls. Another favorite water fall that has not yet been mentioned is Multnomah Falls which we saw from a drive through the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon.

Love chicken fajita salads but the one pictured is entirely to complicated and to large.  Roy's alternative meal sounds wonderful.

We will indeed say a prayer for Kakalena.

Praying for a miracle for Kakalena.

Graham.

• Thanks 1