Do "mixed dose" vaccinated Canadians qualify for Seattle departure vax requirement?

33 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

The show is accepting any vaccine that has been approved by WHO is my understanding.  AZ was approved by WHO. 🙂

Frankly, I have always liked The WHO better than WHO. 

The Guess WHO was even better. 🎹 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

You should be fine. A lot of countries are doing mixed doses. And the ports will just care that passengers are fully vaccinated. It is unlikely that they will even know which brand was received. :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

You should be fine. A lot of countries are doing mixed doses. And the ports will just care that passengers are fully vaccinated. It is unlikely that they will even know which brand was received. :classic_smile:

They will if you don't hide that "I got AZ/Pfizer" tattoo you got on your arm. 😁

Google Covid Tattoos

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

They will if you don't hide that "I got AZ/Pfizer" tattoo you got on your arm. 😁

Google Covid Tattoos

My understanding is some countries are now requiring health visas for covid where you have to upload your vaccination records.  I believe Bahamas is one of those countries (which is where my cruise goes in October).  That will be where we will be denied.  It doesn't sound like a lot of countries are just accepting Royal telling them that we are all vaccinated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

My understanding is some countries are now requiring health visas for covid where you have to upload your vaccination records.  I believe Bahamas is one of those countries (which is where my cruise goes in October).  That will be where we will be denied.  It doesn't sound like a lot of countries are just accepting Royal telling them that we are all vaccinated.

The countries who have not yet approved the mixed vaccines for entrance will likely change their stance once more counties go the mixed vaccine route. But when that will happen is the issue for people like yourself who are planning travel over the next few months. The realist in me suspects that if a country like Barbados or Bahamas see that one or two of their large tourist originating  countries have gone the mixed vaccine route they will be rather quick to approve mixed vaccines. 💲 talks.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 7:33 AM, DirtyDawg said:

The countries who have not yet approved the mixed vaccines for entrance will likely change their stance once more counties go the mixed vaccine route. But when that will happen is the issue for people like yourself who are planning travel over the next few months. The realist in me suspects that if a country like Barbados or Bahamas see that one or two of their large tourist originating  countries have gone the mixed vaccine route they will be rather quick to approve mixed vaccines. 💲 talks.

Yup, I would very happy with being on a ship as a #teamZeneca-Pfizer and with 6 months to go I also would be ok, not going to Nassau but who knows what the various countries will allow once they see the dollars flowing.

On 6/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, MaddyandMax said:

The show is accepting any vaccine that has been approved by WHO is my understanding.  AZ was approved by WHO. 🙂

We participated in the AstraZeneca trial in the US and received the vaccine.  According to the newsletter we received from AstraZeneca this month, the CDC has approved the issue of CDC vaccination cards for trial participants who received the vaccine in keeping with the WHO approval.   

CDC Card Status
The AstraZeneca vaccine is not authorized by the FDA but is listed for emergency use
by the World Health Organization. According to CDC’s
who have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by WHO do not need any additional doses with an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. Therefore, once it has been confirmed that a trial participant received ‘active’ vaccine and not placebo, the participants can be considered ‘fully vaccinated’ in terms of CDC guidance. In addition, they can receive a “CDC card” and can have their vaccine recorded in IIS systems. Upon request, your site can now provide a CDC card to you.

We have  45 cruising days booked in 2021 and now feel more confident we will not have any issues with receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 6:33 AM, DirtyDawg said:

Yes, it will be widely accepted probably when the big study out of the UK is released end June/ mid July.

currently the Spain and Germany studies released say efficacy is Better with AZ followed by Pfizer 

countries mixing are

canada

italy

uk

spain

france

germany

plus others, not to mention people who can not for some reason such as allergies have the same second dose which has happened in usa many times. 

Mixing will be widely accepted as Who is stating this and also stating the acceptable vaccines. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kiwimum said:

We participated in the AstraZeneca trial in the US and received the vaccine.  According to the newsletter we received from AstraZeneca this month, the CDC has approved the issue of CDC vaccination cards for trial participants who received the vaccine in keeping with the WHO approval.   

CDC Card Status
The AstraZeneca vaccine is not authorized by the FDA but is listed for emergency use
by the World Health Organization. According to CDC’s
who have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by WHO do not need any additional doses with an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. Therefore, once it has been confirmed that a trial participant received ‘active’ vaccine and not placebo, the participants can be considered ‘fully vaccinated’ in terms of CDC guidance. In addition, they can receive a “CDC card” and can have their vaccine recorded in IIS systems. Upon request, your site can now provide a CDC card to you.

We have  45 cruising days booked in 2021 and now feel more confident we will not have any issues with receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Kiwimum:  I would be appreciative if you could provide a link or  indicate on which part of the CDC website you found this information - thanks!

5 minutes ago, netpj said:

Kiwimum:  I would be appreciative if you could provide a link or  indicate on which part of the CDC website you found this information - thanks!

The information was contained in the newsletter trial participants received from AstraZeneca.   We are participating in a trial run by the US Navy out of San Diego.

CDC Card Status
The AstraZeneca vaccine is not authorized by the FDA but is listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization. According to CDC’s clinical considerations, people who have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by WHO do not need any additional doses with an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. Therefore, once it has been confirmed that a trial participant received ‘active’ vaccine and not placebo, the participants can be considered ‘fully vaccinated’ in terms of CDC guidance. In addition, they can receive a “CDC card” and can have their vaccine recorded in IIS systems. Upon request, your site can now provide a CDC card to you.

On 6/26/2021 at 8:55 PM, CanadaRob said:

Yup, I would very happy with being on a ship as a #teamZeneca-Pfizer and with 6 months to go I also would be ok, not going to Nassau but who knows what the various countries will allow once they see the dollars flowing.

It's impossible to find any information on Bahamas stance on mixed vaccines.  Which makes me believe (hope)  that they accept two shots of whatever in the proper time-frame.  My husband, myself and my 13 year old are going July 9.  I will ask for Pfizer but will take whatever they put in my arm and hope for the best.  The longer we are not fully vaccinated the more of a risk my 8 year old is in.  Hopefully he can vaccinated in September.  Fingers crossed it all works out at the end of October for us.

What I still wonder is what is acceptable 'document' proof of vaccination? There isn't a one size fits all document being handed out everywhere.  In my province (NS Canada) I have an online record in a system showing my two doses but that would not expand access to others and I'm not even sure if my login access works beyond our border (could be Country limited for security) so is printing it out or doing a screen capture all that is needed?  If that qualifies then one has to question the current value of proof, the record only has first/last name (not even middle name) and vaccine detail so it's pretty simplistic.  Maybe I am looking too deep at this and the other part of the picture is the country/venue/cruise line 'contract' holding you to your 'signed 'truth' should something happen and they could prove deceit. 

Hopefully they come out with some universal means for all this sooner than later.  Maybe someone has already gone down this path from Canada and 'submitted' vaccine proof for an upcoming cruise?

Edited by poffles

2 hours ago, poffles said:

What I still wonder is what is acceptable 'document' proof of vaccination? There isn't a one size fits all document being handed out everywhere.  In my province (NS Canada) I have an online record in a system showing my two doses but that would not expand access to others and I'm not even sure if my login access works beyond our border (could be Country limited for security) so is printing it out or doing a screen capture all that is needed?  If that qualifies then one has to question the current value of proof, the record only has first/last name (not even middle name) and vaccine detail so it's pretty simplistic.  Maybe I am looking too deep at this and the other part of the picture is the country/venue/cruise line 'contract' holding you to your 'signed 'truth' should something happen and they could prove deceit. 

Hopefully they come out with some universal means for all this sooner than later.  Maybe someone has already gone down this path from Canada and 'submitted' vaccine proof for an upcoming cruise?

In Saskatchewan we have a little card that they stamped with the 1st dose and date and 2nd dose and date.  What I wish they hadn't done what put what kind it was.  We are ok because my husband and I both got Pfizer, but we know of others who have a mixed dose.   We also received stickers..saying fully vaccinated.  Not sure how much weight those hold. 

16 hours ago, pabrett46 said:

In Saskatchewan we have a little card that they stamped with the 1st dose and date and 2nd dose and date.  What I wish they hadn't done what put what kind it was.  We are ok because my husband and I both got Pfizer, but we know of others who have a mixed dose.   We also received stickers..saying fully vaccinated.  Not sure how much weight those hold. 

The studies from uk have been released. AZ followed by Pfizer 9x more immune responses created therefore I’m sure this mix will be accepted 🤞😀

• Like 3

17 hours ago, pabrett46 said:

Yes we got a little card too at 1st dose and sounds similar to what you are explaining.  COMPLETE THE SERIES WITH YOUR 2nd DOSE and has an affixed sticker that shows date and name of vaccine given with date and time of 2nd dose.  We also got an email Your Digital COVID-19 Immunization Record containing a link to our CANImmunize official digital 'record' of our vaccine.

After 2nd dose we got no card or anything handed to us but same as first time we got an email with the link again to our CANImmunize digital 'record' that now lists both doses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 6:43 AM, poffles said:

Yes we got a little card too at 1st dose and sounds similar to what you are explaining.  COMPLETE THE SERIES WITH YOUR 2nd DOSE and has an affixed sticker that shows date and name of vaccine given with date and time of 2nd dose.  We also got an email Your Digital COVID-19 Immunization Record containing a link to our CANImmunize official digital 'record' of our vaccine.

After 2nd dose we got no card or anything handed to us but same as first time we got an email with the link again to our CANImmunize digital 'record' that now lists both doses.

Hmm we didn't get a link to a digital record.. though I'm sure on my sask health it shows it but no one would access to that except perhaps a hospital or dr.

3 minutes ago, pabrett46 said:

Hmm we didn't get a link to a digital record.. though I'm sure on my sask health it shows it but no one would access to that except perhaps a hospital or dr.

The NS Province has aligned with CANImmunize to provide the digital record to show vaccinations.  The only thing in there is the COVID vaccine detail, nothing else.  Interesting how different everything is not only country to country but province/state to province/state.  I've been enlightened on a lot of things during recent times about how united but divided things can be.

So much new ground being discovered so step by step I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poffles said:

The NS Province has aligned with CANImmunize to provide the digital record to show vaccinations.  The only thing in there is the COVID vaccine detail, nothing else.  Interesting how different everything is not only country to country but province/state to province/state.  I've been enlightened on a lot of things during recent times about how united but divided things can be.

So much new ground being discovered so step by step I guess.

I am very interested to read about Canadian's experiences when they sail from the US in terms of if there were any issues with proof of vaccination that we provide when boarding the ship.  I assume that we will be asked to upload a copy of the document prior to sailing and that if they have issues/questions about it, they would contact us prior to showing up at the pier with it.

We do not sail until mid-August, but I have not read of any Canadians at all yet who sailed on the Freedom nor do I know any who will be sailing prior to us from the US, although I am sure there are some (many?).  I would love to hear back about their experiences to put my mind at ease if any of you sail prior to us.

• Like 2

My husband and I officially became mixed-dosed fully vaccinated Canadians this morning.  It was either get it done or wait for what could be weeks and weeks.  Apparently Pfizer is being held for kids only.  Even all the pharmacies are getting Moderna only (I'm on ALL the waitlists LOL).  They even had my daughter in a different room and we couldn't be vaccinated at the same time.  We decided that getting fully vaccinated was more important at this point.

So I guess we are going to find out in October how that goes...