Princess Announces 8 Ships Will Start Cruising between Sept 25th & Nov 28th in the U.S.

LACruiser88

1 hour ago, skynight said:

More likely yes than no. Even if unvaccinated youth are allowed on board they will most like be subject to frequent testing and other protocols they would not enjoy. Not a good time to book youth on a cruise. Wait it out. Youth vaccine approval coming by the end of the year or sometime into 2022. The children will not miss the cruise.

While covid is trending toward control in the U.S. & Canada, it is no where near control in countries that cruise ships visit. Very easy for an unvaccinated person to carry covid on board at a port of call.

Lol - you obviously have never met my kids! Ha Ha. Cruising is pretty much their life. But I agree, with all the uncertainty I'm not going to risk booking and getting cancelled AGAIN (we are up to cancellation number 13 at this point). Our next booked sailing that is still "on" as of now is December on Norwegian. I guess we will need to wait and see if they allow the great unwashed under 12s...

Out of interest, I checked the Majestic sailings in Polar and all sailings before end of 2021 have ages 0-11 showing as unavailable, and 12-17 as available. Starting January 2022 they show as available for all ages. Maybe it will change before then, but for now...no kiddos....

17 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Vaccines required...  as opposed to current FL legislation.

Princess has finally stated where they will stand.

I don't think, that until now, they have not officially indicated that they would require vaccine documentation.

I noticed it says cruisers will need to be fully vaccinated, but it says nothing about showing proof of said vaccination.  Just like current situations as I traveled across the country via auto...places said vaccinated could enter without a mask...no one asked for proof...it was all merit based.

3 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

I noticed it says cruisers will need to be fully vaccinated, but it says nothing about showing proof of said vaccination. 

The below is from the Princess site regarding the just announced cruises...

It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.

Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation. Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.

The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the submitted proof of vaccination.

Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on princess.com, and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.

• Like 1

I know this announcement is in regards to the US sailings, but does anyone have any insight as to requirements for non-US sailings in that same timeframe? I'm looking specifically at the Transatlantic (London-Florida) beginning of November. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

know this announcement is in regards to the US sailings, but does anyone have any insight as to requirements for non-US sailings in that same timeframe? I'm looking specifically at the Transatlantic (London-Florida) beginning of November. 

I believe they canceled all 2021 TA's yesterday.  It looks like it was all TA's on the Island...

• Remaining 2021 Europe & Transatlantic Cruises on Island Princess

Edited by LACruiser88
Error
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Lol - you obviously have never met my kids! Ha Ha. Cruising is pretty much their life. But I agree, with all the uncertainty I'm not going to risk booking and getting cancelled AGAIN (we are up to cancellation number 13 at this point). Our next booked sailing that is still "on" as of now is December on Norwegian. I guess we will need to wait and see if they allow the great unwashed under 12s...

Out of interest, I checked the Majestic sailings in Polar and all sailings before end of 2021 have ages 0-11 showing as unavailable, and 12-17 as available. Starting January 2022 they show as available for all ages. Maybe it will change before then, but for now...no kiddos....

Last I heard, they were "hoping" for vaccine availability to the Under 12s by about September. (Just now as I am typing, Dr Gupta on MSNBC is saying he is hoping it will be even a bit before that.)

🤞 My grandkids are 2 and 5 and we have a scheduled February 2022 cruise....so really hope those vaccines will be available by fall and then everyone will be able to be vaccinated!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I believe they canceled all 2021 TA's yesterday.  It looks like it was all TA's on the Island...

• Remaining 2021 Europe & Transatlantic Cruises on Island Princess

This is Regal

19 hours ago, skynight said:

Very easy for an unvaccinated person to carry covid on board at a port of call.

True, but on a 7 day cruise unlikely to be able to infect anyone else for several days and will likely be home by then.

I hope to sail with the no kids under 12 still in effect.  Good for me anyway.  Kids can sail next year just fine.  Will be nice to be on a ship with less people and children.   We didn't even have to pay extra for this so I wanted to take advantage of the times.

• Like 1

This is such welcome news.  After taking the "cruise to Travis" we've waited a very long time for some good news from Princess.

We're booked on Grand (again, yes Grand - see some folks never learn!) in January and I pledged I wouldn't make another final payment before the ship had restarted.  It will, only just, before final payment is due early October.  

We have no interest in returning to Travis and as such are fully supportive of the measures Princess has announced to restart in a safe manner.  Look forward to seeing you all aboard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trey420 said:

I hope to sail with the no kids under 12 still in effect.  Good for me anyway.  Kids can sail next year just fine.  Will be nice to be on a ship with less people and children.   We didn't even have to pay extra for this so I wanted to take advantage of the times.

What will make next year any different?  Unless of course, you're not cruising.

1 hour ago, Redwing55 said:

What will make next year any different?  Unless of course, you're not cruising.

Next year kids will be able to go. I thought that was obvious. I will still probably cruise next year.  Not sure when or where yet.

Hallelujah!! Looking forward to our Majestic cruise December 4th. We are all vaccinated except one 6 year old in our group. Now I’m hoping we get an amazing upgrade like our last canceled cruise. But at this point I don’t care. I just want to cruise. Our renewed passports will be here Monday.

3 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Hallelujah!! Looking forward to our Majestic cruise December 4th. We are all vaccinated except one 6 year old in our group. Now I’m hoping we get an amazing upgrade like our last canceled cruise. But at this point I don’t care. I just want to cruise. Our renewed passports will be here Monday.

Better check with Princess if the 6 year old will be allowed to cruise since Princess said all cruises this year will be for vaccinated passengers only.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Better check with Princess if the 6 year old will be allowed to cruise since Princess said all cruises this year will be for vaccinated passengers only.

Ok I read that. I called Princess and they told me they have no information on requirements on my upcoming cruise.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I've seen a couple of news reports that the vaccine trials for 5 to 11 year old's is nearing completion and "may" be approved by September.  I hope this is the case as we have our 7 yr old granddaughter with us for a New Years cruise on the Majestic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I've seen a couple of news reports that the vaccine trials for 5 to 11 year old's is nearing completion and "may" be approved by September.  I hope this is the case as we have our 7 yr old granddaughter with us for a New Years cruise on the Majestic.

I’m not sure my friend will vaccinate her daughter in the beginning. She may wait a bit. She just got her vaccinations and it took some convincing. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 10:42 AM, LACruiser88 said:

The below is from the Princess site regarding the just announced cruises...

It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.

Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation. Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.

The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the submitted proof of vaccination.

Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on princess.com, and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.

Looks like I have some work to do on this. Our vaccination cards don't show location at all. Drat!

17 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Looks like I have some work to do on this. Our vaccination cards don't show location at all. Drat!

I see that you are in California, get your digital vaccine record from the State (link below).  This might be accepted as proof?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

What state?

California. I clicked through the link above and was able to get a QR code from the state for both of us. Common sense would say that this QR code and/or our original vaccination cards without the location ought to work to get us on a ship, but we have two cruises coming up and I'm not sure common sense even applies here. I think Thrak got his vac at the same location we did, so I'll be interested to see what he thinks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Common sense would say that this QR code and/or our original vaccination cards without the location ought to work to get us on a ship,

I think you are in good shape with the 2 forms of records.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

They show nothing in the column with the heading "Healthcare Professional or Clinic Site"?