Final payment due 60 days out now not 90 days?

Our Med cruise (Oct 2021) started on Zuiderdam and moved to Volendam and the final payment was always in July (about 90 days out like always). The cruise has now been moved to Eurodam commencing one day later than before but now the final payment isn't due until August, which is about 60 days out. Good news for us but has anyone else noticed their final payment date is now only about 60 days out instead of the traditional 90?  Thanks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

That has been offered fo a while on 2021 cruises along with a much more generous cancellation policy.  Look at the terms of cruise with confidence on the HAL website 

Thanks, strange it didn't happen previously though when we switched from Zuiderdam to Volendam.  Cancellation policy looks the same.  

• Like 1

Like you, we’ve been moved from Zuiderdam to Volendam and now to Eurodam.  I actually questioned my PCC about the cancellation & final payment date because it went from July to August which I found strange.  But he confirmed it.  

And you are correct, didn’t happen when moved to Volendam only when moved to Eurodam.  

Edited by canadianbear

2 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Like you, we’ve been moved from Zuiderdam to Volendam and now to Eurodam.  I actually questioned my PCC about the cancellation & final payment date because it went from July to August which I found strange.  But he confirmed it.  

And you are correct, didn’t happen when moved to Volendam only when moved to Eurodam.  

Same with our Flight Ease payment.  Good new, it gives us more time to save and plan!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

Thanks, strange it didn't happen previously though when we switched from Zuiderdam to Volendam.  Cancellation policy looks the same.  

Ours also changed to 60 days when I checked on the HAL website yesterday BUT this change did not show up until very recently. I have a pile of emails, the most recent of which is from June 7th, that show it still at 90 days. So while it may have been the official  HAL policy, on paper until very recently our final payment was still due 90 days out. 

Edited by fatcat04

9 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

Ours also changed to 60 days when I checked on the HAL website yesterday BUT this change did not show up until very recently. I have a pile of emails, the most recent of which is from June 7th, that show it still at 90 days. So while it may have been the official  HAL policy, on paper until very recently our final payment was still due 90 days out. 

Same here.  I just noticed the change yesterday and believe me, I was keeping a close eye on things.

• Like 1

How does this impact the deadline for HAL's cruise insurance?

I remember running into an issue where the final payment wasn’t due until 75 days prior, but the cruise insurance deadline was still 90 days. HAL didn’t want to offer the insurance.  

jdg

7 minutes ago, JohnDG said:

I remember running into an issue where the final payment wasn’t due until 75 days prior, but the cruise insurance deadline was still 90 days. HAL didn’t want to offer the insurance.  

jdg

I understand that it is as you state, the insurance is still 90 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnDG said:

How does this impact the deadline for HAL's cruise insurance

WE had this issue when our August  2021 Alaska cruise changed from 90 to 60 days for final payment.  Since the cancellation policy didn't change, we had to purchase the insurance prior to when penalties started accruing, which was 90 days at the time.  According to HAL, if we had waited till the final payment was due at 60 days, we could not have purchased the cancellation insurance.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:01 AM, JohnDG said:

jdg

On 6/18/2021 at 9:10 AM, Mary229 said:

I understand that it is as you state, the insurance is still 90 days.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:56 AM, Cajuntraveler said:

WE had this issue when our August  2021 Alaska cruise changed from 90 to 60 days for final payment.  Since the cancellation policy didn't change, we had to purchase the insurance prior to when penalties started accruing, which was 90 days at the time.  According to HAL, if we had waited till the final payment was due at 60 days, we could not have purchased the cancellation insurance.

As usual, you get a different answer whoever you talk to.  Just this morning DH was told by Reservations that HAL's insurance deadline will be the same as our (new) final payment deadline which is 60 days out. Since several of you have been told otherwise, to be safe we got it now. 🙂  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Per HAl website Zuidie for December 23 has a final payment due 6-27. That is with non-refundable deposit and Have it All promotions. Is that because it is a holiday cruise?

That is odd.  My booked NS December cruise has a final payment date of September 20.  If I’m booking it new final payment date is June.  

28 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I did a mock booking for our March 2022 Eurodam cruise.  Final payment date is next week.  Something doesn’t seem right.  Hopefully their website is just wrong.

That sounds very wrong.  They are always playing with the website.  They need to hire an outside source to build a site that works.  I am not sure why they don't use the Princess crew to do it.  The Princess site works and is easily maneuverable 

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

No, it’s fully refundable.  I just tried a mock booking for June 2022, final payment date is June 29, 2021.  

That is very odd.  I just went to the HAL website and picked the Mar 9/22 cruise.  I picked an inside room, have it all promo and it shows Dec 9/21 as the final payment date.

8 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That is very odd.  I just went to the HAL website and picked the Mar 9/22 cruise.  I picked an inside room, have it all promo and it shows Dec 9/21 as the final payment date.

When I do it on my laptop final payment date is in March.  That’s better

2 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

When I do it on my laptop final payment date is in March.  That’s better

The Hal website has gremlins.  I can look at a price on my ipad and desktop and get 2 different prices.  I'm logged in on both.  Sometimes it happens on my desktop too a few minutes apart. Its very frustrating.

52 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

No, it’s fully refundable.  I just tried a mock booking for June 2022, final payment date is June 29, 2021.  

Same results I got. I tried with both Have It All AND non- refundable. Both due June 29.