For what it's worth...

pogoism9

27 minutes ago, bdever said:

Carnival Magic 8/7/21???

• Carnival Magic will return from her dry dock – and with her new hull design – and homeport from Port Canaveral where she will pick up four- and five-day cruises to The Bahamas and Caribbean that were previously scheduled for Carnival Elation, effective Aug. 7 through Oct. 7. Guests already booked on Carnival Elation will be re-accommodated on Carnival Magic, and because she is a larger ship, additional stateroom inventory is being made available on Carnival.com and other sales channels. Carnival Magic will also operate three new six-day cruises and one new eight-day cruise from Port Canaveral between Oct. 11-31.

from https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-confirms-first-sailing-mardi-gras-announces

Edited by pogoism9
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pogoism9 said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25253-carnival-cruise-line-ramps-up-sail-date-updates-by-ship.html

Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but seems more reasonable than the list that was on cruisemapper

This is still just a list of basically what hasn't been canceled, but barring anything unforeseen, anything with a June or July restart date should be firm at this point.

That said, I don't think Australia is restarting anytime soon:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9695599/Major-cruise-operator-cancels-voyages-Australia-end-2022.html

I don't know if it will come to the point of Carnival redeploying Splendor and Spirit in the US (welcome back San Diego?), but even P&O Australia has cancellations on certain sailings strung out to the end of 2021.

7 minutes ago, tidecat said:

This is still just a list of basically what hasn't been canceled, but barring anything unforeseen, anything with a June or July restart date should be firm at this point.

That said, I don't think Australia is restarting anytime soon:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9695599/Major-cruise-operator-cancels-voyages-Australia-end-2022.html

I don't know if it will come to the point of Carnival redeploying Splendor and Spirit in the US (welcome back San Diego?), but even P&O Australia has cancellations on certain sailings strung out to the end of 2021.

That's sad for Australia!

2 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

I like the Dream class, will be on Magic on Aug 7th.

Me too!!  Excellent CD will be onboard for your cruise. My personal favorite of our son, Mark’s, “bosses”. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pogoism9 said:

• Carnival Magic will return from her dry dock – and with her new hull design – and homeport from Port Canaveral where she will pick up four- and five-day cruises to The Bahamas and Caribbean that were previously scheduled for Carnival Elation, effective Aug. 7 through Oct. 7. Guests already booked on Carnival Elation will be re-accommodated on Carnival Magic, and because she is a larger ship, additional stateroom inventory is being made available on Carnival.com and other sales channels. Carnival Magic will also operate three new six-day cruises and one new eight-day cruise from Port Canaveral between Oct. 11-31.

from https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-confirms-first-sailing-mardi-gras-announces

Solid ✊🏼Word up

6 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Would have been great to know capacity at startup vs their actual capacity.

With the way things are opening up right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually started with 100% capacity...  but did so quietly.

2 minutes ago, crooooze said:

With the way things are opening up right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually started with 100% capacity...  but did so quietly.

Well i would hope they would start up cautiously but you may be right.  Certainly would not say your wrong. Will wait and see i suppose.

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Carnival Magic is one of my favorite Carnival ships.  

What a ship-upgrade to get, huh?

From a boat (Elation) - to a real Ship (Magic)!
Those folks got real lucky, let me tell you!

Elation-782.JPG

Magic-Hull-Livery - Magic with new paint!.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Elation-782.JPG

too true, I like the Fantasy ships as much as the next guy, but that's the most insane upgrade I have ever seen 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

Elation-782.JPG

We are happy with the upgrade on our b2b in Sept. Plus went from an oceanview to a cove balcony on both sailings , Sorry to miss Grand Turk though , oh well next time !!

• Like 2