Celebrity Galaxy - " The Cruise"

little britain

For those in the UK and for those with access to BBC4 - they are showing the original series of The Cruise - the one that started Jane MacDonald's career and showcased Celebrity Galaxy!!!   7.30pm every night starting Monday 21st June.  One of the first 'fly on the wall' documentaries.

Amazing outfits and interesting to see how cruising has evolved.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Amazing outfits and interesting to see how cruising has evolved.

I also watched, we sailed Galaxy in 2012 to Hawaii and should have been on her last cruise Easter 2015. However, she was redeployed to Asia, instead of doing Dubai to Rome, where she was to be refitted in Europe before sailing for Pullmantur,  another company of RCG umbrella.

I think Jane has matured well.

Edited by upwarduk

11 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Anyone know if those of us here in the USA could find a way to see this?  Sounds interesting and for many, many years Galaxy was my favorite ship!

I think you would have to find a way to access BBC iplayer online using a VPN and search for The Cruise

On 6/21/2021 at 10:39 PM, lhsail said:

Had two wonderful cruises on the Galaxy. What a beautiful ship. 

There was some extremely odd artwork on the ship, but it was quite fun. I know of at least one that is now on another of the Celebrity ships. The dog sculpture in the Ensemble Lounge on Eclipse, just outside Michael's Club. 

Phil 

Never watched it fully the first time around. It's actually better than I remember, but that maybe because my DD became a Celebrity Activities manager so I'm watching this series with renewed interest.

OMG…. That 🧸 teddybear!!   And it left all its food too!!

Series is much better than I remember, so very sad too with them calling home from phone boxes at Christmas. 

I’m sure the tall dark haired officer on the Bridge went on to be a Captain; he looks familiar. 

@excitedofharpenden the dog is a Jeff Koons, it was my favourite sculpture on Eclipse, it was just below a big picture of a cat behind barbed wire… strange things you remember! 

I am loving watching the repeats of this.

Its interesting to look back especially knowing that it launched Jane Macdonald to stardom and all the ups and downs that followed 

Cant believe it's almost 25 years since it was filmed.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Mercury, sister ship to the Galaxy in 2002. Great memories. 

• Like 1

Really enjoying this series - I don’t think I saw it the first time round. I was surprised how good a singer Jane McDonald was. To me, she seemed much better then than she is now (we tend to have to turn her most recent programmes off when it gets to the end and she sings a song)! One thing I am not enjoying though is the theme music- quite bizzare!

3 hours ago, barneyboy said:

I think you would have to find a way to access BBC iplayer online using a VPN and search for The Cruise

Amazon Prime has access to BBC programs (some for a fee).  But not sure if The Cruise is one of them.